How's Christmas for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
I have to say that I am totally shattered but am loving Christmas this year.
Mad busy, loads of pressies from clients and tips from people who I'm sure sometimes can't afford it.
It's only my second Christmas here but I have been touched by the thoughtfulness of my clients.
Hope you are all busy and looking forward to the New Year.
A lot of people say that no-one has the money to spend on themselves and that sales are down this year?
How's it been for you?
Have you all got your bookings for January yet?
Last year I didn't really know how to "sell myself" in business but this year thanks to training and this site it is wonderful for me.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped me and for newbies to understand that it does take time, patience and training before it can all work.:hug:

Well given I stopped trading at the end of September and due to unforeseen circumstances had to start again from scratch late October, I feel I've done well - all that leaflet dropping paid off. got a few new clients this week because everywhere else was booked up, so it sounds like places round here have done well!

Yes been really busy this year with pamper nights at peoples houses. Also in hotels at xmas fairs etc. People seem to want nail art on their natural nails not have the tips on. Been at hospital today doing nail art on kids wards. One more tomorrow to do and thats all.

:zzz:

hi, i have also done well. i have been based in a shop for about 8 weeks now and have been fully booked for the last two! i have also had a record week in regard to takings. I have some bookings for january, not as many as i'd like but almost everyone who wasn't a 'one off' has booked so i'm well pleased. I'm also starting to believe in myself and that i am good at my job. I feel quite happy at the mo but also sooooo tired. hope you are all doing well and are looking forward to a good christmas and new year x

Its going really well at work for me also, ive managed to master nails while my arm was in pot (come off today yipeeee but need an opp):cry:
Spray tanning has gone mad but thoroughly enjoyed doing it along side the nails, makes a change to put my training to use!
We've taken more in the last 4 days than we have the previous 2 weeks combined and have been putting in 12/13 hours a day to accomodate everyone.
My feet are swolen and my legs ache, i have dark circles under my eyes from have lack of sleep and a rumbling tummy from lack of food but wouldnt change it for the world :green:
Between the two of us we have been given £47 in tips, 6 bottles of wine, 3 trays of ferrero rocher, 2 tins of biscuits and 2 box's of chocolate.

I know its not about the gifts and tips but recieving gifts like this is lovely and shows just how much we are appreciated by our clients.

Did a pamper party last night for 10 girls aged 11, came out feeling stuffed as the parents insisted we join in the birthday celebrations and eat food and cake.

Am i loving this time of year??? You bet, its awsome :hug:

it has been really busy for me too i have been fully booked for the last month, the same as you judy all the training and this extra year in business seems to have done the world of good. Merry christmas to you xx

BUSY!? Haven't had time to scratch my bum!:eek:

Great though........bringing in lots of dosh for Christmas and totally enjoying the extra nail art work.:)

To be quite honest I'm having to fight off the clients.....I physically have no more room at the inn! (Bad Christmas pun, I know!):rolleyes:

well i am truly knackered !!!
i am fully booked all week ..and having to do my shopping on crimbo eve coz i just havent got time

today i have had
*one set of cb's ,took forever as it is a new client so lots of prepping to do
*a few repairs on the one client
*1 infils + repair
*1 tip and overlay
*and 1 client who originally wanted infils but they were in that much of a state after filing 2 nails i changed her mind to having a new set ...2 needed replacing ,2 she had banged so the whole of the acryilc had lifted ..it just wasnt worth trying to salvage them (but she had had them on 4 weeks so not complaning :lol: )

and im not the quickest of techs ,plus i work from home with 2 kids in tow...so its been none stop all day ...and tomorrow and saturday are the same ,
i have been asked so many times "am i bored" and do you know what ,im not ...im tired ,but certainly not bored !!!

Got about 10 bottles of wine now, (I hardley drink) and loads choccys and money for my little one (he gets more than me).

Seen as though I havent really set myself up yet, and am doing friends family and neighbours, I feel Ive done well. I am fully booked all week, and have given myself Christmas Eve off all day to sort everything out. Its great, I have been flat out now for the last fortnight and have had lots of tips, and a couple of boxes of chocs! xx

busy busy busy finished today at 1pm and thats it, will be nice to watch some tv at night instead of working till gone 10......taking the boys to see the panto tomorrow gonna blitz the house this afternoon.
have had some lovely little gifts of my regulars they allways think of the boys , with little xmas lollies and selection boxes.
i will probably start feeling christmasy on sunday when i am preparing my veg.
i am off now till the 11 of jan i need a rest lol....gives me a week off when the boys go back to school to sort house, toys wardrobe etc out

I ve been mad busy for the last 2 months too, have been working 9 til 9 all this week, and am fully booked next week and first week of Jan too. Had lots of tips from very generous clients, also selection boxes for kids, and odd bottle of wine. Dont feel Christmassy yet though, think its because im rushing about so much. I finnish tomorrow at 3pm until the 27th, so will be glad of the break!!:lol:

2 full sets and 2 rebalances today then one full set tomorrow, then I am done, january is picking up too

Wow!! As someone waiting to train next year, it's so lovely to read all the positive answers here..........good luck in 2007 all and happy Chrimbo's xxxxxx

the last to days have been absolutely MAD :eek:

I've been working from 8 in the morning til 8 in the evening so I'm shattered now :lol: Waiting for my last client to arrive here in 5 mins for a removal and a new set of enhancements ...
and then it's home to get some sleep :lol: :green:

I've been busy for me (haven't been open that long) and I've sold lots of vouchers, so I'll have plenty to do in the new year!

Hmmmmm, we're doing OK here but not tremendous. We've been booked back-to-back since the end of November only on Fridays and Saturdays. The rest of the week I'm going nuts trying to find things to do! I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the weird weather we're having.....it hasn't snowed or been under 30 degrees yet...doesn't feel like Christmas here in New England! :(

5 infills today 2 new sets and 3 fills tomorrow 1st week in jan 5 infills
lookin good

* Come to my place, I'll share some of our Snow with ya :) Had been so busy just trying to get thru school etc. that hadn't gotten much in the ol' holiday spirit :rolleyes: But since I found out yesterday that I passed all my Boards and I'm now licensed that's the best Christmas present I could ask for! Here's wishing everyone a Blessed Holiday Season w/Family & friends :hug:

pretty dismal for me im afraid , only had 2 cards and 1 pressy (from a long standing client) and a £10 tip (from same long standing client). but i now have bookings for jan and feb, so i aint complaining at the moment, im too wrapped up with looking after other stuff, (grandson and daughter). oh the joys of parenthood eh (daughter is 28 and thankfully still needs her mum)

Latest posts

Back