i feel quite shunned so im leaving the site

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corrine1983

Reaction score
hi all, i put posts on the site and no one ever replies to them, or gives there comments. is it that i have to be a part of a certain group to be noticed. i feel quite upset and im sorry that my threads aren't it interesting enough for you all. ive had messages off members not sayin hi or anything but critisizing my signiture, which im very sorry about. i did a thead about breast cancer and how i would like to invite some of you along if you lived in the huddersfield area, not one person has said anything at all. i feel if some else on this site did the same thing it would be full of replies. i feel really shunned when all i wanted to do is make new friends, i wont be returning to the site.
thanks

If people have a problem with your signature Corrine then they should refer it to one of the Moderators.

Give it some time yet on your breast cancer thread, it is a Bank Holiday after all and people are out doing family stuff and enjoying themselves before going back to work tomorrow... plus, there might not have been any Geeks local to you who have seen your thread yet. Huddersfield is a dot on the landscape when you consider that this site is global.

I've had a look at the threads you've posted, apart from the one already mentioned, there's only one other thread that hadn't got a response, maybe you're a tad sensitive at the moment, there's definitely not enough reason in my opinion for someone to leave a site that has so much to offer... it's your choice at the end of the day Corrine and nobody can change the way you feel, but I reckon you've jumped the gun a little and need to give it a bit more time :hug:

I agree with you sandi. Also, some of your threads Corrine have been started before. I even started a claim to fame thread about 4 months ago.
Maybe it didnt get any responses because everyone has already said etc..
If you did a search before hand just to make sure then if it hasnt been asked the chances of people responding to your threads would be dramatically increased.
Dont get me wrong though, I am no moderator, nor a pro even, just a premmie with a love for all things arty. But Sandi's right, if people have a problem, they should report it, not send you messages.
I hope you dont choose to leave, cos this site is brill and with such great people on it. I have had some bad rep points etc... but I dont take it to heart.
Dont feel down hunni xxxx:hug:

i have just had a look at your profile and i too see that there is only 1 thread without any posts hun
a lot of my threads dont have many posts...but thats coz i ask boring questions lol :green: (kidding peeps)
you will find too this forum has its busy moments and its quiet moments..so it depends which peeps are around at the time too
i for 1 skim read a lot of the time latly and dont reply very often...this is because my kids are off school ,so whereas a few months ago i could spend hours online ,i dont have the time now!!!
roll on the first week of september yayyay i have my geek time back again

leaving is entirely up to you ,but i wouldnt just because of this!

Hi Corinne, I'm from West Yorkshire & replied to you before hun, don't get down hun people are busy & I dont think they personally are ignoring you hun. If I lived closer Id come over, we move to York on Weds so I'll be in Yorkshire at last, don't leave hun xxxx

Please dont go.. with the children off at the moment I admit I only skim through and reply to the ones that immediately catch my eye, in between difusing fights from my boys.. but I will have more time when they are at school... in between hospital appointments.... :) staaaay xxx

Hello there are days when I post something that i don't get a response to it right away so dont get disenchanted with the site. as for signiture ignore them if there was problem with it the site moderator would have contacterd you.

So happy Geeking!

Don't go Corinne I've only just seen your post and I'm interested. Its bank holiday so its just that theres probably not as many people on at the mo.I've posted a few things that have bombed so don't worry and don't not come back :hug:

Oh Corrinne,

Im really sorry you feel this way. I understand that you must feel upset that you havent had many, or any repsponses to your posts. I have to admit that i may read about 20-30 each time i come on, and rarely reply to any, unless it really grabs me. Hun, please dont leave, use this site for what it is, a fantastic source of info, xxxxx

I've been a member for 2 years and post regularly but when I put up a post asking for support when I did the Moonwalk in May no-one sponsored me, even though I bumped the thread..... I put it down to people having lots of things going on in their own lives and moved on......

At the end of the day people are often pushed for time, and the cliquey thing has been done to death recently! Leave if you want, but these things do take time....

Ach dont be a daftie and gis a cuddle! :hug: I've only just joined and its takin me a while to read through the posts. I dont reply to much as i dont feel i've got anything useful to add as im still a baby at this. Must say that it's the most informative one i've found.

hang around, it can only get better x :hug:

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I do think you are being too sensitive. Can you imagine if every geek interested in Breast Cancer (all of us) posted on here asking for support (many have) how small a response they would get? People cannot support every time one of us asks. Pockets are only so deep and there are only so many hours in a day.

If you do not want to be a part of the nail geek community then that is your choice, but this is a nail technicians site and not a popularity contest.

I joined this site to teach and to help those who asked for it .. of course over 3 years I have made a few lasting friendships and have come to like and admire many others who I have never met face to face ... this has been an unexpected byproduct of my membership .. not something I expected or even looked for. It took time and it evolved naturally ... I did not seek it ... just happy it happened.

Here to help if you need it.

As this has been made public - I was the one who sent a PM about the signature - I did say hi and was not nasty or I dont think I said anything to cause offense.

Hi, I just read one of your posts and found your signature very difficult to read - especially the yellow.

Here is a post about signatures.
http://www.thenailgeek.com/how-do-st...ight=signature

The reply I received did not indicate any offense was taken.

Sorry if you feel this way but as Geeg said, it is your choice. Unfortunately there are so many messages on here every day that some do get missed.

Sometimes posts might not attract any answers because people may not have an interest or don't know the answer.

I started a thread the other week about foot detox, no-one answered i assume because no-one knew the answer which to me is not a problem :)

I don't think i have ever posted on a thread about pregnancy because i am not pregnant and never have been, it doesn't mean i am not interested in that person i just haven't got any views or experiences to share on that subject, hope that all makes sense:hug:

Sometimes posts might not attract any answers because people may not have an interest or don't know the answer.

I started a thread the other week about foot detox, no-one answered i assume because no-one knew the answer which to me is not a problem :)

I don't think i have ever posted on a thread about pregnancy because i am not pregnant and never have been, it doesn't mean i am not interested in that person i just haven't got any views or experiences to share on that subject, hope that all makes sense:hug:

Very well put!!
Sorry u are feeling like this hun but i agree with everyone else Ive done threads and not many people have replied but i didnt take it to heart, I couldnt think of anything worse than leaving this site, i have made some great freinds and learnt so much, It took time though to make some freinds I really hope u decide to stay and give it some time :) xxx:hug: xxx

Hi Corrine, sorry you feel you gotta leave the site. :sad:

Think about it this way though (always good to put the shoe on the other foot!!) how often have you seen the title of a thread, had a peek, seen it's not for you and moved on without making a comment? Or even read a thread that you think is good but didn't post a comment because someone has already made a similar point to the one you would have made...? I know this is certainly true in my case.

Considering how many of us are on line at any one time, it would be impossible for anyone to post a comment in all the threads they found interesting...we'd never do anything else!! :)

As has been said already, it is your choice, but here's one observation...this thread has definitely got you some replies!! :lol:

Hi Corrine,

I am sorry that you feel this way, when I joined Geeks in January this year, I knew not a soul, you have to let people get to know you, it is a two way thing, I had early topics slated, and I got into discussions that got me shot down, you just have to learn the ways of the geek site. I have had a tragedy or two since I joined and all the geeks have been there for me, with kind words, comfort etc. I am not part of a clique, I have though made some very good friends through Nail Geeks, who have helped me through some very difficult times, times I wouldn't have gotten through without their help. Give a little of yourself and a little time and you will find out just what a great big family we have here, ok there may be a squabble or two along the way but that is human nature. I posted for about two weeks when I first joined and I was also on the point of leaving when I began to make friends. Stay a little while longer and give us a chance.

Joan

I have replied to you in the past and have also looked today at all the posts started by you and as far as I can see there has only been one that didnt get a reply....in fact you get more replies to your threads than I do to mine,:eek: I cannot understand why you want to leave....the breast cancer thread had 7 replies too.

sweetie, dont be so sensitive!! you only joined about 6 weeks ago didnt you??? give it a go. people dont sit on here waiting to reply to every new members posts. We are all busy, just reading and responding to those we hope will improve our skills. Thats what this websites all about. I think if your looking to form friendships, give it time. I for one have never seen your posts and I read it reguarly. Keep it real baby and hope:hug: you stick with the site.

Latest posts

Back