I got bored.....look what I got up to!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never even thought of using acrylic on a diary, it looks fab, i am definately trying that.

hi jo,

your diary looks fab, pls excuse me from sounding silly, but on a mobile do you just clean it with scrubfresh and then scuplt the design, i would love to try it but want to make sure first?

xdeborahx

Im not sure about scrubfresh on the phone as it contains acitone doesnt it?!?!?
This will melt the plastic on the phone?!?!
I haven't done any designs on phones....yet!

Very beautifull it became, love the fish

That looks fantastic Jo! :D

wow they are fab I love the flowers and the fish is amazing really clever it looks soooo real too. Well done.
How do you get the acrylic to stick to things like that and mobile phones I thought it would chip off really easily but its great if it lasts I would love to do some like that on mine.

x

Sorry To Be Thick But What Is L+p?

this looks really good - you must have the patience of a saint!!! tho i bet the time flew while you were doing it.

well done

Leece said:
Sorry To Be Thick But What Is L+p?

you ARE NOT THICK

its short for "liquid and powder" chick

you are a student on a learning path, you may think youre thick, we, at the geek site, on the other hand DONT, if you have a question, ask, its the only way you learn. - i was once told "the only daft question is the one that ISNT asked"

ps - welcome to geekdom

looks lovelyxx

that looks unbelievable take orders for them u might make some money sell em at markets:biggrin:

Looks really interesting,unique...& absolutelly WONDERFUL!!!! :Love:
I'd love to have something alike! :biggrin:

loo said:
How do you get the acrylic to stick to things like that and mobile phones I thought it would chip off really easily

Well the diary had a matt surface so I just went for it! lol.
I have top coated over the whole design but the design feels pretty secure ( after trying a little pick to see if they are secure nothing budged!! lol).
The design is 3d but it doesn't actually stick out much so hopefully this will stop the design being knocked too much!

Would spray varnish work just as well, instead of top coating. Or is that not compatable with L&P.

I'm itching to have a go now!:biggrin:

purplebunnies said:
Would spray varnish work just as well, instead of top coating. Or is that not compatable with L&P.

I'm itching to have a go now!:biggrin:

I would imagine it would work!
Why dont you give ita go on an old book and see if it works.

that diary looks FANTASTIC!!

You're a great artist.. hope I get that good one day.

Go ahead, retail your skills for things other than nails. Would be a great way to make money even when there's no client sitting in the chair AND a lot less stressful, haha

A TRUE ARTIST simply AMAZING!

Latest posts

Back