I got my Nailclass!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine too this morning... what a buzz to have my nick mentioned in there too JCS as used to be. Talking about feeling proud is such an understatement :)

Well done Gigi .. it is definately a winner :)

So gutted, I missed the postie by 20 mins cos he was late today. Now I have to wait alllllll weekend till I can collect it on Monday morning!

Got mine too but only after a long lie in!!! Wonderful hubbie!!!

Tanks gigi for the message. Feel like a proper Geek now as this is my first post and I am a newbie geek!!

:hug: :hug:Got mine too :D well chuffed

Thankyou Gigi xxxx :hug:

Jo xx

I am so pleased to have received my copy in the post this morning too, and to be signed by Gigi has just made it an absolute treasure for me. Have read it through already and found it to be the best tutorial guide I have ever come across. Explains absolutely everything step by step in a language that is easy to understand. My only criticism if I may, and I do feel humble saying this, a mere newbie geek, but it would have been even better if there was pictures and more diagrams detailed in the book... I personally would have found that to be more helpful to see some pictures..
But an absolutely fantastic read and very very helpful

netreg said:
I am so pleased to have received my copy in the post this morning too, and to be signed by Gigi has just made it an absolute treasure for me. Have read it through already and found it to be the best tutorial guide I have ever come across. Explains absolutely everything step by step in a language that is easy to understand. My only criticism if I may, and I do feel humble saying this, a mere newbie geek, but it would have been even better if there was pictures and more diagrams detailed in the book... I personally would have found that to be more helpful to see some pictures..

No no no ... absolutely not.

The book was written for you to close your eyes and visualize what I am saying. Still pictures do not help anyone to 'see' a moving technique.

As technicians we have to be able to visualize the finished result before we do it ... that is also what I want everyone to do with these 'how to's' of nail technique.

If you can't visualize where you want to go and what you want to do, you will never do beautiful nails. The lack of images is deliberate and thought out.

NOW ... you think about what I am saying and visualize it as you read and you will get much more out of it. Take it chapter by chapter. Reading thru the whole thing in one go will do nothing to help you at all I'm afraid. Try it and see. x

nicjill said:
So gutted, I missed the postie by 20 mins cos he was late today. Now I have to wait alllllll weekend till I can collect it on Monday morning!
i know how you feel!!
i missed the postie this morning-left a card to say a package needs to be collected...........couldnt think of what it could be.......now i know.

Me to, I missed the postman by 5 mins so now have to wait until Monday to pick it up from the depot, how gutted am I but as they say all good things come to those who wait.

Donna

geeg said:
NOW ... you think about what I am saying and visualize it as you read and you will get much more out of it. Take it chapter by chapter. Reading thru the whole thing in one go will do nothing to help you at all I'm afraid. Try it and see. x

I have been doing this with my abrasive tonight (sad I know) but it does work

netreg said:

Hi Gigi,

Just wanted to say a big THANKYOU for my book!! The personal message was a really wonderful surprise, i'm so proud of my signed book!!!!! I'm really looking forward to sitting and reading it slowly as when i first looked at it i was just in amazement of it lo,l so now need to take all the info in!!!!! It will definatley help me now and in the future!!!! So really thankyou!!
The only other thing i'd like to say and please don't take offence cause i think the books brilliant..... (how can you go wrong when u're being taught by one of the best + love the front cover)!! ......is that as the other newbie geek said above there wheren't any real pictures/diagrams in the book which is what i thought the book would be like, i too would have found it easier to take all the info in and understand better whats meant if there had been!!! (being new to the nail industry an all)!!!! I hope your not upset with me for saying)?
Its a wonderful book!!!!!:D :D :D

Leah82:D

yay yay yay, i got my nailclass book today, it was delivered a few days ago but i was at my sisters so had to wait untill i could get to the post office today, so i finally got it at tea time, a fab book and cant wait to put it all in to practice

geeg said:
No no no ... absolutely not.

The book was written for you to close your eyes and visualize what I am saying. Still pictures do not help anyone to 'see' a moving technique.

As technicians we have to be able to visualize the finished result before we do it ... that is also what I want everyone to do with these 'how to's' of nail technique.

If you can't visualize where you want to go and what you want to do, you will never do beautiful nails. The lack of images is deliberate and thought out.

this is so right and well explained...don't just read the book...take it really slowly...read it somewhere totally quiet...maybe take yr brush/file in your hand and really visualize what Geeg is saying ...you can really 'FEEL' how she wants the techniques to be. The book is very cleverly done if you let yourself 'SEE' into the depths of it...let yourself see past just words on a page... As for pictures then another book FULL of fantastic finished nails I could look at for hours :)

Got mine on the way to London yesterday and was so chuffed with the personal message and the mention in the dedications, am gobsmacked.

Gigi Thank you
x

Got mine today!!!!!!!!

Am so pleased, thanks Geeg. The packaging is beautiful and inside is even better. Lovely to have been personalised too.

I was dumb and ordered 2, 1 for me and one for a present. Got mine but still waiting for the other, will that have my name in it too?

Or being as you are clever did you realise?

Do you want me to PM, email or phone you?

Sorry, was so excited I never gave it a thought !

Got mine today too ... can't wait to get reading !

What a fab suprise I got this morning............ after spending a lovely long weekend with my family in germany, I was a bit sad and down, weekend even long ones seem so short.............
But hey got to work and there was a cute little parcel for me..... opend it and the girls all thought I had won the lottery lol..............Went all goosy bumpy when I read the little personal message...thanks Gigi love you too xxxx..... then read the dedication and again went all goosey bumpy..thanks again Gigi xxx..... then read the history of success list and thats when my tummy did a big flip as all the memories of that fab winning day came rushing back............. this book is more than just a fab Nail Class this book is just outstanding, well laid out, well designed and just brilliantly written...............
Gigi you have a passion that is inspiring, butt kicking and a heart as big as the universe xxx LYSL xxxx
It is a must have in my oppinion......

I've got mine too! Thanks Geeg (specially for the message :hug: )

I think you're dead right about the pics. I really question the value of still pics of a practical skill (even though I have loads in my book, thatwas more down to publisher expectation and avoiding .......pages of text!!!)

You have managed to describe a very practical skill in words (see, I said you could 'teach' ;) ) and you're right about closing your eyes and imagining or just picking up the tool and following instructions.

Truly great book and an invulable for the perfectionists (and we know who we are :wink2: )

xx

I'm back home now in Spain after a great week doing all sorts of things but the number one priority was , of course, the signing of the 'nailclass' books for the geeks.

I must say a huge thank you to you all for your unbelievable support of this book. We have sent out more than 200 to geeks alone!!! We even got an order from a book store today!! The one stop nail shops are stocking it from the end of August and any other nail schools who want to provide this information to their students can also distribute it if they are interested ... details from [email protected] for prices etc.

Remember this is a book for everyone regardless of which product brand they use. It is NOT a Creative book and The Creative brand is not discussed in the book. This is the book that will really help students get on as has been attested to in all the posts in this thread and many others.

I'm so glad you have all loved it. Remember we produced it to the specifications you all asked for. It was always meant to be a collection of the tutorials ... this is what prompted the writing of it! If any of you expected more than that then you were misinformed or not part of the original idea which was ... hey gigi, why don't you put all the tutorials together in a book?? This is what we did with some added illustrations and editing etc.

You have all been so supportive and I can't say thankyou enough. It has been lots of fun all the way and there will be more one day ....
Love you all to bits and am very grateful for the encouragement. XXX

Hi

Thanks Geeg, I got the second book today that is for a present and that is signed too.

She will be over the moon when she receives it, thanks again.x

I've obviously been on Mars for the last few weeks.......I got nailclass just before I went on my holiday.....loved the personal message in the front too....then Lell has just told me I was in the dedications too....how could I have missed that, I thought I'd read it cover to cover lol.

Cheers Gigi...fantastic work that will be used over and over in my quest.

Latest posts

Back