I hate POLISH

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumblebee78

Reaction score
I hate polish. I hate polish so much it's not funny. Since I have been using shellac, ive not bothered to use polish. I thought I would today as I had bought some china glaze colours and thought I would try one out with some crackle glaze. Shock horror, it's been about and hour since I did this and I've managed to smudge one, despite using a base and a top coat.

Next week I've got some pedicures and manicures to do and I'm revolted by the idea that I've got to use polish on my clients.

So what do I need to do?? I need to spread the word about shellac! It's the best thing ever!!!!

Simple-just stop offering it!, that's what I've done, no looking back your clients will be thrilled with shellac once theyve tried it once! :D

:lol: Oh hun you would have laughed at me yesterday... completed my pedicure course and had to use...horror of all horrors..... polish! Shellac is my new best friend and Ive been thoroughly spoilt by it. Liza my trainer was right I have to keep practicing my polishing as Im spoilt with the ease of Shellac.

Yes honey get those clients shellaced :)

I hate using polish now too. I always recommend shellac, love it.

Annie xx

You want fast drying polish???

Use LUMOS bottom & top coat ... it makes using any polish a pleasure and I mean it ... Dry in about 12 minutes. Just won Elle Beauty Award for Best product. If you have to use polish .. this makes using it, much more effective both for you and your clients.

I cant bear it either - my Aunt wanted her fingers shellaced but her toes polished! Of course fingers were amazing, toes were too until she put her fit flops on GRRRRR, she messed up both big toes and another small one. I told her to put them on first and I'd paint them once they were on, but no she knew best!!!!

Karaxxx

Geeg, where do u get lumos from??

A quick brush of solar oil over your top coat really helps to speed things up.

A quick brush of solar oil over your top coat really helps to speed things up.

Does it not smudge? Thanks for this tip! :)

When I was first buying all my new stock, I thought I had better get in some normal polishes for those who are old school and possibly didn't want Shellac. Am seriously hoping no one wants it, I love Shellac so much now, I'll be "selling" it to clients however I can!! I did some normal polish on my MIL the other day, did a French Manicure, I have the Lumos so it did dry reasonably quickly and it is great but an hour later she went to the toilet and dented/smudged one of her nails pulling her trousers up :rolleyes: Shellac should be law!!!!!! :D

I love shellac but i will never give up using ordinary polish I love some of my colours and it's taken ages to build my collection, there is always someone who wants an ordinary manicure or pedicure IMO xx

Does it not smudge? Thanks for this tip! :)

When I was first buying all my new stock, I thought I had better get in some normal polishes for those who are old school and possibly didn't want Shellac. Am seriously hoping no one wants it, I love Shellac so much now, I'll be "selling" it to clients however I can!! I did some normal polish on my MIL the other day, did a French Manicure, I have the Lumos so it did dry reasonably quickly and it is great but an hour later she went to the toilet and dented/smudged one of her nails pulling her trousers up :rolleyes: Shellac should be law!!!!!! :D

This would never happen using LUMOS unless you applied your polish way too thickly. LUMOS does not dry reaonably quickly ... it dries amazingly quickly but if you have applied you POLISH too thickly, Lumos being dry on the top will not stop your polish still being not dry underneath.

Polishing really well and to a professional standard, is as much of an art as doing enhancements well. There are thousands of 'technicians' who THINK they can polish nails and never do a class to learn how to do it professionally ... uh uh ... there is a right way and a not right way ... manicurists have not been learning how to professionally polish for years for the sake of their health!! There is a knack to it .. an art to it .. and part of that art is the knowledge of how polish actually works. I think every single person who thinks they can call themselves a professional nail technician can not really say they are unless they learn how to polish.

This would never happen using LUMOS unless you applied your polish way too thickly. LUMOS does not dry reaonably quickly ... it dries amazingly quickly but if you have applied you POLISH too thickly, Lumos being dry on the top will not stop your polish still being not dry underneath.

Polishing really well and to a professional standard, is as much of an art as doing enhancements well. There are thousands of 'technicians' who THINK they can polish nails and never do a class to learn how to do it professionally ... uh uh ... there is a right way and a not right way ... manicurists have not been learning how to professionally polish for years for the sake of their health!! There is a knack to it .. an art to it .. and part of that art is the knowledge of how polish actually works. I think every single person who thinks they can call themselves a professional nail technician can not really say they are unless they learn how to polish.

Fancy teaching me then? :wink2: :D Very wise words, I will look into it xx

Fancy teaching me then? :wink2: :D Very wise words, I will look into it xx
Be happy to .. I'll be available in Leeds from the 23rd Oct until the 5th of November. Just ring Debbie on 01132173801 :hug:

You are as always right! I find polish fine and think too many people try to go too quickly with thicker coats only to prolong the agony lol. I did a set of acrylics with polish on last night and She left with what I call 'donk dry' nails.

Be happy to .. I'll be available in Leeds from the 23rd Oct until the 5th of November. Just ring Debbie on 01132173801 :hug:

Ooo how exciting!!! Will phone tomorrow :D

I would love the opportunity for you to show me too if that's not too cheeky! x

If you ever fancy a trip to Jersey geeg let me know...........:hug:

Latest posts

Back