I hate POLISH

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want fast drying polish???

Use LUMOS bottom & top coat ... it makes using any polish a pleasure and I mean it ... Dry in about 12 minutes. Just won Elle Beauty Award for Best product. If you have to use polish .. this makes using it, much more effective both for you and your clients.
Where can I buy this please?

From sweet squared.

I have to say I love using polish again since I discovered lumos. I use it with my zoya polish - perfect!

Use LUMOS bottom & top coat ... it makes using any polish a pleasure and I mean it ... Dry in about 12 minutes. Just won Elle Beauty Award for Best product. If you have to use polish .. this makes using it, much more effective both for you and your clients.

Could not agree more, been using Lumos for about 6 months now and would NEVER change back, the shine is amazing and clients have commented on how much longer their polish lasts - reasonably priced too!

i love the Lumos for ordinary too, the base dries the first colour coat so quickly then you put your second colour and it dries quick then top (is amazing) when i first got it i tried it out and when i finished painting, i accidently smudged one before i even got the brush back in the bottle, and i couldnt believe it the smudge smoothed itself out and disappeared within seconds and i didnt even touch it, this just doesnt happen with anything else, usually if you smudge it thats it, it stays, but not with Lumos and of course it dries in a fraction of the time, i love it,
i love all the products i use, if i didnt i wouldnt use them

As Geeg says.. LUMOS IS THE WAY!!

Shellac and Lumos are the GREATEST things to hit the Industry in a long while.
I don't think ANYTHING has been as inovative, nor as fabulous.
Nothing has lived up to it's promise like these two products have.
They do what they say they will do.
Everything else pales in comparison.

You can get Lumos from Sweet Squared or Ellisons xx

Geeg....if you ever come to Australia I would love to learn polish or anything from you..
:lol:

Gigi I wish you were coming to Scotland :) I would like to watch you polish. X

Lol this was exactly how I was feeling yesterday. Polished my nails for the first time in ages, after a day I wished I'd just made time to Shellac them. I had to touch bits up as it had chipped, plus I was naughty and didn't use a base coat so was in a right mess when I came to removing it. Needless to say I am now wearing hot pop pink with a layer of zillionaire over the top. Ordinary nail polish.............never again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gigi I wish you were coming to Scotland :) I would like to watch you polish. X

Me too !
i probably couldn't afford you though, :eek: heeheehee !!!

I've never tried lumos but I always use sparitual laquer lock base, 2 thin coats of their polish and then their tout de suite fastdry top coat, the nails are touch dry in 5 mins, and no smudges on toes at all.

It sounds like your polish application is much too thick. Be stingy with it, 2 thin coats are much faster drying and hard wearing than 1 or 2 thick coats.
I did my mum's last 3 pedis with sparitual and all of them looked as good as new 4 weeks later when it was time for a change.

Don't write off polish altogether, what if you had a disaster with your uv lamp and a column full of manis or pedis, if you can't polish, you'd look and feel really silly.
keep persevering with it hon, you'll get there and you should always have a back up plan.

N x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Does it not smudge? Thanks for this tip! :)

Not if you brush it over very lightly. It's to do with blocking out oxygen which slows down drying.

I agree that writing off polish all together could be dangerous. We went through a phase in our salon of having power cuts on and off. With l&p and polish we didn't have to turn clients away.

I totally agree........ I love lumos. I offer nail enamel/polish at my pamper parties and lumos just makes life sooooo much easier. Thank you S2 for bringing it to the uk. Xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I'd love to have some training with you too geeg :) I'm struggling to get my polish perfect...am I ok to call that number and arrange it too?
Xxx

A quick brush of solar oil over your top coat really helps to speed things up.

Can we use solar oil on top if Lumos? Sorry if the question is silly x

Wow lumos sounds fab, may have to get some and dig out all of my old polishes!

The new CND polishes make it so much easier to fall back in love with polish.
They dry super quick, really thin coats and the 2nd coat gives full opacity like shellac, add lumous to that combo and you cannot go wrong.
Remember as Gigi has always said when polishing its "Thin to win"
Jen xx

Latest posts

Back