I hate POLISH

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we use solar oil on top if Lumos? Sorry if the question is silly x

Have never used Lumos so couldn't say yes or no. If it's a completely different type of top coat that is doing it's own thing, rather than a standard top coat, then you could end up interfearing / counteracting what the Lumos is doing.

Be happy to .. I'll be available in Leeds from the 23rd Oct until the 5th of November. Just ring Debbie on 01132173801 :hug:

When are you coming to Edinburgh Geeg!!!!!

I also hate polish, bought some crackleglaze other day barry M - already have opi shatter and it dements me!!

Some nails cracksome dont. Ive applied it thick, thin, medium.....none of them consistently crack!!

Back to shellac. I hate polish! Ha ha !

Em x

Have never used Lumos so couldn't say yes or no. If it's a completely different type of top coat that is doing it's own thing, rather than a standard top coat, then you could end up interfearing / counteracting what the Lumos is doing.

Thanks sammi010! The last thing I want is to experiment and go wrong :) I didn't have a good training and this place is Luke encyclopaedia for me.

Anyone else has an advice? X

LUMOS does not need any help to dry quickly ... trust me on this. But you should always use the Bottom & Top coat together; Bottom, colour x2, Top

Thank you Geeg! Will do!

K x

I use Lumos all the time with my polish wearing clients or if on shoots and never get a smudge from either. Lumos fast drying top coat is what it is.....a fast drying top coat. If you are applying your colour too thickly and then putting on your top coat, the solvents havent been allowed to evaporate from the colour fully and then if you apply the top coat, the top coat will dry fast and trap the solvents in the underneath colour taking longer for it to dry and more likely to smudge.

Forgot to add, if you ever come across a colour that streaks and you cant get a decent finish no matter what you do, apply Lumos basecoat, then a thin coat of Lumos topcoat, then paint 2 coats of colour and finish with another layer of topcoat.
David

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to add, if you ever come across a colour that streaks and you cant get a decent finish no matter what you do, apply Lumos basecoat, then a thin coat of Lumos topcoat, then paint 2 coats of colour and finish with another layer of topcoat.
David

That's a handy tip! Thanks for sharing :)

Latest posts

Back