I have just been on my training with 'the wax queen!'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i dont care who you work for kim, i am still looking forward to the training day with you in yorkshire :hug:

AH! thanks for now clarifying:hug:

Forgive me for my ignorance, but if a course isn't accredited, regardless of trainer, can the therapist be sure that their insurance will cover them for the treatment they have been trained in? Kim, you said that they will be as they know you as a trainer, but surely that makes a mockery of doing all the paperwork to become accredited?

Personally i think all the talk about accredited courses is nonsense sometimes anyway, I went on a course that was accredited by a well known insurance company and the training i recieved was imo, rubbish, and I wasted 200 pounds finding that out, i came away from it knowing nothing i didnt know already! If your going to be accreditied by a company i think the person seeking accreditation should be seen at work and accredited on the skills that are seen, not just from paperwork that is sent into a company. How on earth do you know what standard the training is going to be otherwise!? Just my opinion.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but if a course isn't accredited, regardless of trainer, can the therapist be sure that their insurance will cover them for the treatment they have been trained in? Kim, you said that they will be as they know you as a trainer, but surely that makes a mockery of doing all the paperwork to become accredited?
Not really. Say you were a hair stylist and you'd taken and passed all of your exams. Then, you decide that you want to have a masterclass with somebody because you want to learn their way of working. You'd already have your qualifications so whether the course was accredited or not would make no difference.

For example: Say a qualified nail tech decided that they'd like a mentoring session with Geeg or Ant Buckley, they wouldn't ask them if the mentoring session is accredited because they're already qualified and they're goinf to them because they're excellent at what they do. Before anyone attacks me, I'm just using these as examples.

Does that explain it Cathie? So you see I'm not saying that courses shouldn't be accredited, just not always necessary. xxx

Personally i think all the talk about accredited courses is nonsense sometimes anyway, I went on a course that was accredited by a well known insurance company and the training i recieved was imo, rubbish, and I wasted 200 pounds finding that out, i came away from it knowing nothing i didnt know already! If your going to be accreditied by a company i think the person seeking accreditation should be seen at work and accredited on the skills that are seen, not just from paperwork that is sent into a company. How on earth do you know what standard the training is going to be otherwise!? Just my opinion.
You're totally right, but that's how the system works....IMHO I think that certain bodies who accredit courses charge a fee for the course provider to become accredited and maybe will accredit one man with his dog and a credit card !

You're totally right, but that's how the system works....IMHO I think that certain bodies who accredit courses charge a fee for the course provider to become accredited and maybe will accredit one man with his dog and a credit card !

PMSL.......I couldn't have put it better myself. Anyway! BB Calls.

xxxxxx:hug:

Not really. Say you were a hair stylist and you'd taken and passed all of your exams. Then, you decide that you want to have a masterclass with somebody because you want to learn their way of working. You'd already have your qualifications so whether the course was accredited or not would make no difference.

For example: Say a qualified nail tech decided that they'd like a mentoring session with Geeg or Ant Buckley, they wouldn't ask them if the mentoring session is accredited because they're already qualified and they're goinf to them because they're excellent at what they do. Before anyone attacks me, I'm just using these as examples.

Does that explain it Cathie? So you see I'm not saying that courses shouldn't be accredited, just not always necessary. xxx
Totally, that makes complete sense and I have trained in nails exactly as you have described. I'm not a waxing gal in the main, although I do have my waxing qualification, but surely if you are delving into the realms of intimate waxing you need a seperate qualification for insurance purposes, or maybe you don't?

Ok for what its worth - I have my waxing cert's but Im choosing to do extra training with Kim BECAUSE she IS Kim. I like what I read about her and I like what she writes and I appreciate her humour and I have a good feeling about her and her abilities gathered from all the above.

Her reputation is excellent and its a shame that some people have nothing better to do with their time than to try and discredit her. Funny thing is it puts me off them and not off Kim - kind of backfired from where Im standing. I like straight, honest people.

So Im gagging to get on with the training session we have booked. End of.

Im not gagging to train with anyone else - nuff said ! :)

I too have been waxing for about eight years and have done an accredited intimate waxing course, but choose to go on one of Kims waxing days this year as I feel that you can always learn something new and better your skills, and I really feel that I did. It was well worth it!!

For any one that is considering training with kim, or even going to have there first brazilion, i can not recommend her enough!

It is fantastic that the training you received was such that you are now one happy bunny..well done to teacher and student.

Teacher and student mmmm I guess that's what it really is all about at the end of the day...a relationship between two professional individuals that develope a bond of trust between them.

The trainee trusts in the knoledge and skill of the trainer and the trainer..well he/she just hopes to get it right and pass on knowledge and skill that she to has been tought and or developed over time.

No matter what disapline you are being tought,be it waxing,nails,hair or skin if you are not comfortable with your trainer..well it simply aint gonna work now is it.

I am not entirley sure it is good for this sector if a united front is not..erm well simply that.

Lets all try and work together ,within obviouse constraints ,to develope our skills through co operation and a united front so that we can ultimatley offer our customers the very best treatments possible.

Happy training in whatever and with whomever you feel most comfortable with :hug:

I think its fab that Jenny has had such a fab training day and I am sure will go from strength to strength.... no hair will be left untouched.....

But I also feel that this thread has had enough hair time, I mean air time, sorry couldn't resist it lol......
So closing this now as Collins statement sums it up for me:
Happy training in whatever and with whomever you feel most comfortable with

Voddy and Orange all round.......... my shout xxxxx I said that not Collin lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back