I need boy advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more you act like you care the more he will want you to chase him.

Leave him alone. Whether it be a day, a week, a month. You will see what you want to know eventually.
He'll realise that you're not too bothered about him and he will talk.

Worst case scenario, leave before you are left.

He sounds immature to be completely honest, guys at 21 want to party and sleep around don't pressure him into anything he might do what other guys his age do for a week and then he might even run back to you.
I know because I'm young myself and I never 'date' anyone the same age as me because I don't want to be a babysitter.

I'm sorry that he's putting you through this, it's always harder said than done but don't worry too much about it, people come and go especially at our age, if you care too much they leave you hanging without a care in the world.

Hang in there, be strong, don't lower yourself because there's always plenty of fish in the sea ;)

Did you text? Any update? Hope your ok xx

Did you text? Any update? Hope your ok xx

Yeah we spoke today, he said he felt like we've been drifting apart for a couple of weeks (I didn't have a clue) and that he thinks we should split up, if he'd had said something then we probably could have sorted it, but he said he didn't want to say anything because he didn't want it to happen, I am gonna leave him alone, he said if he's honest he hasn't missed me this past week. So I'm going with the fact he won't be getting in touch, boys are idiots!!

xx

Yeah we spoke today, he said he felt like we've been drifting apart for a couple of weeks (I didn't have a clue) and that he thinks we should split up, if he'd had said something then we probably could have sorted it, but he said he didn't want to say anything because he didn't want it to happen, I am gonna leave him alone, he said if he's honest he hasn't missed me this past week. So I'm going with the fact he won't be getting in touch, boys are idiots!!

xx

Oh hun. Yep boys are idiots! Don't worry you'll find someone much better x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You do right. Don't cling on to something, if you have to work hard at getting it back then it's 99% certain you shouldn't be doing it.

He hasn't missed you?! What a p****!!!! Yes you're better off without him. Leave him to his childish ways and get on with your fabulous life! Hope you're okay xxx

xx

Omg I'm so sorry!! That's horrible, I no it's hard but you WILL get over him. What an idiot. Sending hugs hope your ok xxx

You need to be so strong just now and do not get in touch. If he ever gets in touch, it's up to you if, when and how you respond.

Loads of hugs x

Thank you everyone!! It means a lot! xx

Go hang out with friends and indulge in a few cheeky drinks ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow what an a*rse!! That boy needs a slappin'

xx

That's really crap of him. You can't fix something unless you's speak out. I'd leave him before he leaves you Hun. I know it might be hard and it might suck but instead of wondering what's going to happen then you'll be in control and be better off for it and then give him a very wide berth. Hope you are ok xxx

Sorry but you won't like this but, you are obviously both too young and not ready to settle down together. He needs space, in other words he is feeling trapped, ie not ready. You don't seem tooooo bothered and were expecting it anyway, you are not ready either.

Go out with friends, enjoy your life, you only have one. Don't try to rush into settling down with anyone, you will both know when it's right. If it doesn't feel absolutely right, then it's not. Have fun, do as many things as you can that you like before settling down. And don't rush into having kiddies either. When you meet someone or the right someone enjoy each other and do all the things you like together before kiddies hold you back or slow you down. This way I promise you won't regret it.

Sorry but you won't like this but, you are obviously both too young and not ready to settle down together. He needs space, in other words he is feeling trapped, ie not ready. You don't seem tooooo bothered and were expecting it anyway, you are not ready either.

Go out with friends, enjoy your life, you only have one. Don't try to rush into settling down with anyone, you will both know when it's right. If it doesn't feel absolutely right, then it's not. Have fun, do as many things as you can that you like before settling down. And don't rush into having kiddies either. When you meet someone or the right someone enjoy each other and do all the things you like together before kiddies hold you back or slow you down. This way I promise you won't regret it.

I am bothered about it otherwise I wouldn't be sat here crying, I know your only offering advice and I appreciate it, we weren't settling down at all, and I know you need to do all the things you want before you have kids and bills to pay on a house! I am quite sensible for my age!

I'm going to leave him to his space, his he comes back crawling I'll decide what to do based on how I feel, if he doesn't be doesn't and I'll try and get over it now x

I am bothered about it otherwise I wouldn't be sat here crying, I know your only offering advice and I appreciate it, we weren't settling down at all, and I know you need to do all the things you want before you have kids and bills to pay on a house! I am quite sensible for my age!

I'm going to leave him to his space, his he comes back crawling I'll decide what to do based on how I feel, if he doesn't be doesn't and I'll try and get over it now x

Ah petal, sorry your not great, most of us have been there and look back and think "yep had lucky escape"

If it's meant to be it will be, I don't think he has been very nice at all but it's hard to judge when we don't no everything.

Stay strong xxx

go out with your mates, get drunk, fling your arms around the nearest half good looking chap, get mates to take a picture with you draped on him, laughing uncontrollably and send it to him !!

sounds like you need somebody more mature. A year is quite some time to spend with someone, shame it took that long to realize that its not going to work.

Last edited:
go out with your mates, get drunk, fling your arms around the nearest half good looking chap, get mates to take a picture with you draped on him, laughing uncontrollably and send it to him !!

Winnie you are funny lol xx

I was in a relationship with somebody from the ages of 17 - 21 ... we lived separately with our parents.

We had two periods in that time of him getting to the 'I want space' point.
Each time we'd have what sounds like you've got going on - for about a week - and then we'd finally talk and stuff would come up ... we'd split up and not talk for five/six months and then we'd end up talking again and within a week or two we'd be back together.

At the time I'd always feel a bit heartbroken and gutted - but I can honestly say that having those months apart was awesome. I got closer to my friends again, had a right good laugh and went on a few dates each time that helped me to figure out what was important to me and give me a self confidence boost.

In the end - after two attempts at space and getting back together - I decided enough was enough and called it quits even though at the time I couldn't imagine life without him.

Genuinely - my life is so much better without him as a boyfriend.
We are good friends now - but we just didn't work as a couple.

I guess what I am saying is - giving him his space won't be as bad as you think. Your friends will rally around and cheer you up and if it's meant to work out then it will. But don't let it upset you.

If you need a chat to anybody when your feeling down feel free to PM me anytime - I know my friends didn't really 'get' me being so upset about it at first as not everyone at your age is 'serious' in their relationships (they were still so supportive though!!)

I was in a relationship with somebody from the ages of 17 - 21 ... we lived separately with our parents.

We had two periods in that time of him getting to the 'I want space' point.
Each time we'd have what sounds like you've got going on - for about a week - and then we'd finally talk and stuff would come up ... we'd split up and not talk for five/six months and then we'd end up talking again and within a week or two we'd be back together.

At the time I'd always feel a bit heartbroken and gutted - but I can honestly say that having those months apart was awesome. I got closer to my friends again, had a right good laugh and went on a few dates each time that helped me to figure out what was important to me and give me a self confidence boost.

In the end - after two attempts at space and getting back together - I decided enough was enough and called it quits even though at the time I couldn't imagine life without him.

Genuinely - my life is so much better without him as a boyfriend.
We are good friends now - but we just didn't work as a couple.

I guess what I am saying is - giving him his space won't be as bad as you think. Your friends will rally around and cheer you up and if it's meant to work out then it will. But don't let it upset you.

If you need a chat to anybody when your feeling down feel free to PM me anytime - I know my friends didn't really 'get' me being so upset about it at first as not everyone at your age is 'serious' in their relationships (they were still so supportive though!!)

Thank you! That's exactly what I feel like!! ...if I do feel like I need to chat I will message you! You seem to have had exactly the same experience! xx

Latest posts

Back