I need some help, feel awful!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get some codeine linctus it is a cough suppressant and will stop the coughing fits. You have to ask the pharmacist for it as it is a non branded product behind the counter. Honestly it will really work and maybe you can try and get a bit of kip before your interview this afternoon. Hope you feel better soon and good luck for later xxx

If the problem is a tickly cough thats keeping you awake then this is good advice and one we are often told to give in the pharmacy :)

Have you tried menthol crystals.

My little boy always had bad throat/chest infections when he will younger.

The menthol crystals were fab, just put a few in hot water and let the vapours release around the room and it soothed his coughing.

Hope you feel better soon xx

[QUOTE=Nails

They work wonders

But

Ask for the correct thing at chemist unlike me I asked for crystal meths 😱 lol

Oh it was hilarious, we still laugh about it

I feel your pain huni and the only advice I can give is dont fight it!!

The weekend of The Event, I was so poorly, I even went to bed at 9ish on sunday evening leaving everyone else partying:o(( I started to feel better on the train home monday (yeah just my luck!) so threw myself straight back into work and by thursday was feeling crap again. Fought through friday and saturday work, in bed all day sunday and started again monday working.

By last Tuesday I was so poorly, I finished at lunchtime (tuesday is usually my day off) and took myself to bed. Today is the first day I have been out of bed, I have had to cancel all of my clients, thankfully they have been lovely, but god knows how I'm going to catch up this week, but I think if I had allowed myself a little time after the event maybe it wouldn't have hit so hard. I feel better today but completely drained.

As for a doctors appointment..... I have more change of winning the lottery!!!

Hope you feel better soon huni and good luck with the trade test.

H xx

I'm still up can't sleep yet again.I have toilet roll stuffed up my nose and a bowl beside me for the retching just incase.I'm coughing with such force that I keep nearly wetting myself which is just humiliating and horrible.

I have had to keep away from my gal because of her lung disease and partially collapsed lung which is really hard to do.the poor thing carnt catch this it will be devastating for her.

I don't know how the little mite does this day in and day out she's always poorly with this.I feel silly for moaning about me feeling poorly but I really do feel bad awful infact on a scale of 1-10 I'm at the top end of 10 right now.

As jaccqelina said before the lack of sleep is a killer and it's just draining.xxx

I'm still up can't sleep yet again.I have toilet roll stuffed up my nose and a bowl beside me for the retching just incase.I'm coughing with such force that I keep nearly wetting myself which is just humiliating and horrible.

I have had to keep away from my gal because of her lung disease and partially collapsed lung which is really hard to do.the poor thing carnt catch this it will be devastating for her.

I don't know how the little mite does this day in and day out she's always poorly with this.I feel silly for moaning about me feeling poorly but I really do feel bad awful infact on a scale of 1-10 I'm at the top end of 10 right now.

As jaccqelina said before the lack of sleep is a killer and it's just draining.xxx
Have you not tried the codeine linctus? It really will help with the coughing fits. I'd also advise you go see your GP tomorrow too though as it sounds like it could be a chest infection which you'll need antibiotics for and the quicker you get them the quicker they'll work so hopefully you'll be much better for Thursday ;)

You're daughter will understand why you can't get near her. I suffer with a lung disease too and if any of my kids have got colds etc I have to stay away from them. Really hard not being able to cuddle them though :(

Hope you feel better soon x

I can relate iv had it two weeks Wednesday its lime a cold but worse but not as bad as flu lol , my nose is starting to unblock but I've got pressure headaches , and the coughing just as you get in to bed and drift off , don't get me started on that one lol , hope you get better soon xx

Latest posts

Back