I need some help, feel awful!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal colleen

Reaction score
Hi geeks the last couple of days I got a cough but it's got really bad,I haven't slept for 3 nights through constant coughing.My ribs hurt,headache,throat feels like sand paper.

My nose is streaming but that dosnt bother me it's the lack of sleep and constant coughing,It's also making me wretch and sometimes makes me throw up because of the coughing.I need to sleep I've got a job interview tomorrow that I can NOT miss.What can I do to sleep,I have no medicine in the house.What could I try.xxx

What relaxes you?

For me, I would say a lovely bubble bath with a good book. It calms me and steams the cold out.

Hot tea with honey and lemon is good too xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

Do you have any painkillers? If I'm struggling to sleep I usually take two to send me off. X

Flawlessbeauty thank you I've tried a bath it sounds so pathetic dosnt it but I'm near to tears I just ache so much.Cup o tea is in order I think.

Tommo yes I have nurophen maybe I should take some now and hopefully will drift off.I'm not one to complain when I feel rough but I just can't cope lol.It's the wretching and coughing the pain is horrid and I can't turn up for my interview coughing everywhere what if I don't get the job because of it :(.xxx

I know this sounds weird but rub Vicks on the bottoms of your feet and put socks on...it's supposed to help! I tried it when I was ill, can't decided if it did but might as well try everything :)

I know this sounds weird but rub Vicks on the bottoms of your feet and put socks on...it's supposed to help! I tried it when I was ill, can't decided if it did but might as well try everything :)

I always hear this too xxx

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Ah poor you. Sleeps the best healer! Some ibuprofen, night nurse and a drop of whiskey and hopefully your get some kip!

If you've got your heating on put some water in a bowl by the radiator to easy the stuffiness or open a window.

Feel better and good luck!

*********disclaimer, I'm doubt a medical professional would recommend the above cocktail!!! ;-)**********

I have no vicks but I do have tiger balm lol.

Lol no I'm not sure a medical pro would suggest the above but I'll try anything at this point :(.xxx

Head over a 'just off the boil' hot bowl of water and towel over your head. This will help sooth and hydrate the back of your throat and ease the coughing. Stay for as long as you can and take deep breaths.

I get desperate when this happens to me .. sleep is what you need but it is the thing that your are deprived off due to your symptoms.

Try putting pillows up around you so you can close your eyes in a sitting up position ... laying down makes it worse especially on your back.

xx

ps sip hot water and lemon, or even just hot water

This has been a life saver I even use baby Vicks on my son works amazingly!!!!

Vicks is the best thing, any time my little boy had a cough/cold I always apply it to his feet at night and put socks on, Another thing that works wonders is Honey! Do u have any honey in? Just have 2 tsps of honey and it stops that tickling feeling in your throat and helps the cough, If you don't have any then maybe call the shop/super market before your interview and get some x

Defo the vicks does help xx aw feel better soon :(

My little boy started with a cough today so I've done this & 1/2hour after going to bed no coughing & is sleeping soundly

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I think she nodded off seeing as there's no reply
How did the interview go? X

:( no nodding off my battery went dead.It's been a turbulent night and a turbulent morning.I'm exhausted I really am and my ribs are sooo sore.I'm going to get some supplys from tescos in a while and dose myself up and get some cough medicine that makes you drousy for tonight.

My interview is at 5 so haven't been yet.xxx

Flawlessbeauty thank you I've tried a bath it sounds so pathetic dosnt it but I'm near to tears I just ache so much.Cup o tea is in order I think.

Tommo yes I have nurophen maybe I should take some now and hopefully will drift off.I'm not one to complain when I feel rough but I just can't cope lol.It's the wretching and coughing the pain is horrid and I can't turn up for my interview coughing everywhere what if I don't get the job because of it :(.xxx

If you're still feeling so sick today Colleen I would call the people and explain to them and see if they will reschedule the interview.
They are hardly monstrous creatures who don't allow for someone being sick.

Get some codeine linctus it is a cough suppressant and will stop the coughing fits. You have to ask the pharmacist for it as it is a non branded product behind the counter. Honestly it will really work and maybe you can try and get a bit of kip before your interview this afternoon. Hope you feel better soon and good luck for later xxx

If there's no improvement, I would suggest an appointment with your GP first thing Monday morning.

Hope you feel better soon.

I still feel so so poorly.I'm going to the doctors on Monday I can't carry on like this.It's nasty and it's not easing up at all.

I dragged myself to the interview.The lady understood that I wasn't well.On a good note I have a trades test next Thursday and then we will go from there so fingers x I feel better by then and it goes well.XX

I still feel so so poorly.I'm going to the doctors on Monday I can't carry on like this.It's nasty and it's not easing up at all.

I dragged myself to the interview.The lady understood that I wasn't well.On a good note I have a trades test next Thursday and then we will go from there so fingers x I feel better by then and it goes well.XX

Hopefully it will work in your favour to - it shows you really want the job to turn up feeling that poorly! X

Latest posts

Back