I need your help and sincere opinions please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zringa

Reaction score
So, I have a basic professional course with trosani and I ve been doing gel nails since July. i only have 5 clients who are happy of the service. But I came to know that I can make courses with CND in my country to learn Brisa. Besides I would like to learn to sculpt, do much better smile lines and better prep......

Now I entered into this forum in my country it has something to do with CND. I asked if I could switch to Brisa but continue to use my u.v. lamp and some of my products which praticably are new and were bought very expnsive, for example my curing lamp costed around 300eur.
They answered me that I should change everrything.

What do you think? Is it worth it for me to do all these expenses? With only 5 clients at the moment and lots of nail techs around?

If you want to use Brisa you will have to change everything as the brisa is made to set in its own lamp, (as are most gels)
and you should never mix products as this will bring all sorts of problems into your nail service hth

I think if you are in a position whereby you can afford CND training and a re vamp of equipment then it would most definatley benefit you.

However if its not viable, get some funds behind you then go for it.

Yes, I think I ll wait a bit and do some training with CND and change all my products.

thanks

I have a question about the Brisa gel and another lamp. The Brisa lamp uses the exact same brand of bulbs that I use. Why couldn't I (for example) use my lamp that has the exact same bulbs as a Brisa lamp with Brisa gel?

I have a question about the Brisa gel and another lamp. The Brisa lamp uses the exact same brand of bulbs that I use. Why couldn't I (for example) use my lamp that has the exact same bulbs as a Brisa lamp with Brisa gel?
Placement of the bulbs in the lamp is as equally important as ensuring you have the right bulbs.

hth's

The lamp is kind of akin to getting the ratio right with l/p, if you don't have the lamp which has been evolved, tried and tested to work with the product it's designed to work with, the photo-initiators in the product and all its other ingerdients, you won't get the optimum cure of your product.

It's not dissimilar to cooking a braising steak on a high heat instead of a slow roast, you need the right heat and time.....you could be microwaving your product or under cooking it.

Now I entered into this forum in my country it has something to do with CND. I asked if I could switch to Brisa but continue to use my u.v. lamp and some of my products which praticably are new and were bought very expnsive, for example my curing lamp costed around 300eur.
They answered me that I should change everrything.

What do you think? Is it worth it for me to do all these expenses? With only 5 clients at the moment and lots of nail techs around?

Hi, do you have a CND distributor in your area? In the US, there is a promo going on, a Brisa Trade In.

If you purchase the Brisa Gel Intro Pack, you can get the lamp for $1.00 (not a typo!) with any UV lamp trade in. OR you can purchase the intro pack and get the lamp for $30, w/o a trade in.

It's great time to convert to Brisa!

HTH and good luck! :hug:

That's good offer!!! Yes we have a distributer and he told me that a promotion is coming soon, so maybe its something like that!! If that s the case I ll convert with CND for sure!!! I ll tell him about this

thanks alot

I know I'll get screamed at for this...:lol:... but I used a friends Brisa system to try it out with my IBD lamp and it cured perfectly, no problems! However each brand do say to use their lamps to get best results, Im not entirely sure that's a money making thing or fact.

It's a pain I know but when your ready to, there is usually a starter kit which contains all the gels to get you started and the lamp included.
In 2004 right out of school (where we were using a different brand I had that simple and cheap lamp from my student kit) when I started working at a local spa who used LCN I did try practicing LCN with the lamp I already had and I had more problems then, than I do now using the LCN now with the actual LCN lamp. Also that spa had both the Brisa and LCN... the Brisa did not cure properly in the LCN lamp (they seemed hard and okay when they were first done but had more problems after).

I know I'll get screamed at for this...:lol:... but I used a friends Brisa system to try it out with my IBD lamp and it cured perfectly, no problems! However each brand do say to use their lamps to get best results, Im not entirely sure that's a money making thing or fact.
Here are two threads re UV lamps that have some fantastic replies by Samuel and also Doug, to name but 2.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/32919-uv-lamp-difference-products.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/82919-brisa-gel-lamp-can-cure-other-brands.html

Your money making query is answered by Samuel on page 2 of the first thread :hug:

hth's

Hi, do you have a CND distributor in your area? In the US, there is a promo going on, a Brisa Trade In.

If you purchase the Brisa Gel Intro Pack, you can get the lamp for $1.00 (not a typo!) with any UV lamp trade in. OR you can purchase the intro pack and get the lamp for $30, w/o a trade in.

It's great time to convert to Brisa!

HTH and good luck! :hug:

As of March 09 we in the UK will also be doing this. Convert to Brisa, Cut the Cord of your lamp and get a Brisa lamp for £1.00... yes £1.00 ONLY! If you don't want to CUT THE CORD... of your old lamp - the Brisa lamp will be £30.00!!! :!::lol::idea:

That would be fantistic!! I read the other threads and I won't use brisa with other lamps for sure.
The distributor in malta mentioned this Cut the Cord but said he will give the details after. I wish its the same as in U.K and U.S., if so I ll definitely convert to Brisa. Hope I ll hear from him soon, so I ll be able to do a course with them!!:)

God that cut the cord sounds great - I'm in when it comes here!! :lol:

i see that most of you say to use the same lamp as the product. so i have a question and i know it will sound stupid but i use opi's axxium gel with an ibd uv lamp. sometimes the nails dont stay on like they should and i had 2 clients with nno's say that after a day or two they start to peel and chip. could not using the same lamp and product be the reason or one of the reasons for this as i am fairly new to this. thanks

Does OPI make a lamp? I don't recall ever seeing one at my supplier but that doesn't mean anything! :)

NNO's take a little time to perfect in the beginning so I'm sure the problem is with application. Are you ensuring the free-edge is capped properly? Are you still building up the apex instead of "painting" the gel on like polish?

When I was new, I tried using gel as a NNO on myself but just painted it on. Later that night it started peeling and chipping!!

That's a great idea Samantha!! Clever marketing

Iv read those before Sandi, cheers, just was making a point that when exmerimenting, that's what happened!

Does OPI make a lamp? I don't recall ever seeing one at my supplier but that doesn't mean anything! :)

NNO's take a little time to perfect in the beginning so I'm sure the problem is with application. Are you ensuring the free-edge is capped properly? Are you still building up the apex instead of "painting" the gel on like polish?

When I was new, I tried using gel as a NNO on myself but just painted it on. Later that night it started peeling and chipping!!
i have seen a lamp for the axxium gel on the dvd that came with the kit my boss got. she wants to switch to ibd so she got the lamps but still hasnt gotten the ibd gels. usually when i do gels whether its nno's or with tips i paint it on like polish but now im thinking of starting at the apex, cure it and then apply more at the cuticle and bring up so it will be stronger. thanks:o

I have found the best way to do a NNO is to apply a form and extend the nail only 1 or 2mm. That seals the f/e. And yes, be sure build it up exactly as you would doing a normal gel nail with an apex. :)

Latest posts

Back