I think I'm being backstabbed!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_chocolate

Reaction score
After re-reading this post I think I wasn't too clear about my point, so I have cleared it up in a post on page two, if you have the patience to read it. thanks :)

LONG STORY... bear with me... please help! I started up a little business in December with a girl I was working with previously, renting 2 rooms and a manicure station in a Chinese clinic that is open 7days a week. Weve both been working flat out and as we've just started a lot of people don't really know were there yet but 99% of our clients are walk ins. Originally we decided to both be there every day apart from Monday and each of us work every other sunday, but over xmas we were there every day. Then Januray we went back to being both off on Monday and working every day together including Sunday as it gets quite busy.

Last week we missed a couple of clients who walked in on Monday and as neither of us were there they couldn't have a treatment. Now this week she decided to go in on Monday and it was busy so shes saying shes going to work every Monday now! I cant keep up... I feel it should be a joint desicion who works when and I feel that because she's working on Mondays now, I should too otherwise im missing out on money (we each keep what we earn). What am I supposed to do? I love what I do but I can't work every day of the week... I have a life to hold on to! At the same time it's totally unfair if she works an extra day and takes all that money, she made well over £100 today.

I also think that clients can't always get what they want, if were not there on a Monday they will just have to come in the next day! If you don't give them an option what else can they do? Then at least we're both in the rest of the week together so the treatments can be divided up equally between us so one is not earning more than the other. (We try and book appointments so that we roughly earn the same each day or each week) but we have had arguements before about who's earning what.

Sorry for being so long-winded

I don't know what I should do! Please save me!

Last edited:
hi i dont own a business i just browse the threads but have you thought about doing a rota between you both so your partner works one monday then you work the next so then your both having time off to do your own thing? just an idea which might work,hope things work out for you hun

x

Well this would be ok but she said 'it was such a good day im going to work every monday' aaagghh lol but yeah that would have been a good idea, thanks!

damn your partner is hard work lol i guess the only thing is to sit your partner down and have a word i guess or just that you miss out on making money on mondays if you dont go in

x

don't think you are being backstabbed at all.

you can't have it both ways - you have to decide if you want a day off or have £100. And if you decide to keep monday as your day off don't resent your partner for making that extra money.

don't think you are being backstabbed at all.

you can't have it both ways - you have to decide if you want a day off or have £100. And if you decide to keep monday as your day off don't resent your partner for making that extra money.

I absolutely agree

You only get out of a business what you put in, and if your partner is happy to put in all the hours possible, then she will get the reward (an extra £100 a day!)

xx

Just because it was busy on Monday there...does not mean it will be busy every Monday.
So how would you feel if you worked alternate Mondays and your Monday was quiet and hers was mobbed??
It is just the luck of the draw, isn't it.
I think you are maybe just a bit tired after working all the hours over Christmas, and starting up a new business is a stressful time and you are letting this get to you more than it should.
Your business partner is prepared to work extra hours so let her go for it, if you don't want to work 7 days then don't.
Clear the air with her though, and don't let petty resentments fester, otherwise you will end up with serious problems.

I honestly don't think, from what you have told us, that she has backstabbed you in anyway. I am sure when you sleep on it you will see that too.

Im sorry but I don't understand why you think its unfair that she should earn £100 when she has gone in and worked for it ?

I really can't see the problem myself if she wants to work 7 days a week then fair play to her !

In a few months you will each have your own regular clients as well as walk ins so it will be pretty hard to earn the same as each other if she had 10 clients that all wanted her and you only had 5 you can't expect the clients to come to you just to even up your takings.

Tbh she will probably be knackered in a few weeks and drop a day, maybe not mondays but I can't see her working 7 days a week forever.

hi hon i dont mean to insult you but this sounds very petty, i dont think that she is backstabbing you at all, i think that she has every right to work on mondays and so do you, but you choose not to.. let her off to do it she wont keep it up anyway i dont think anyone can keep going like that for very long, but sit down and think about it and you will see that she is not doing it to backstab u hon and try not to let it upset you, life is just too short xx

Is everyone missing the point, or is it me? It seems to me that pink_chocolate is concerned that ,after one reasonably busy Monday, her partner has decided to move the goalposts, i.e. change the arrangment that they take it in turns working Mondays, because she wants to work every Monday.

If pink_choc continues to work alternate Mondays but her partner also comes in on her Mondays, then pink_choc's Monday takings are going to halve.

Hi,

Must say I dont think she is being out of order. The only problem that you may have is if you get charged more rent for adding the monday to your opening times. If this is the case then your partner should be liable for that days rent seeing as she is the only one wanting to work but other than that I cant see a problem.

Sorry - but think you should talk it out with her seeing as this seems to be an issue for you.

But be prepared for what she may say.

Nail_baby

Is everyone missing the point, or is it me? It seems to me that pink_chocolate is concerned that ,after one reasonably busy Monday, her partner has decided to move the goalposts, i.e. change the arrangment that they take it in turns working Mondays, because she wants to work every Monday.

If pink_choc continues to work alternate Mondays but her partner also comes in on her Mondays, then pink_choc's Monday takings are going to halve.

Im lost now,

I can't see from the post that pink chocolate worked mondays to start with, the impression i got was that they have never worked mondays and now the other girl has decide she wants to do mondays as well as the other 6 days.

Am i going mad ?! lol

hi hon, i think what she was saying was that neither of them work on mondays so they had a day off, and do alternate sundays, so basically her partner has now decided to work on the monday which i dont think is a big deal as pink chocolate has an option of working it too but chooses not to, i can see her point but i dont think it is backstabbing or worth getting upset about

Sorry, I was confused. It doesn't take much.

However, I still see how takings on a Monday could / will affect the weekly takings. If the salon remains closed on a Monday, clients will come Tuesday onwards, i.e. theoretically the weekly takings will be the same just spread over one less day. I do think a change to the opening hours should be a joint decision.

Sorry, I was confused. It doesn't take much.

However, I still see how takings on a Monday could / will affect the weekly takings. If the salon remains closed on a Monday, clients will come Tuesday onwards, i.e. theoretically the weekly takings will be the same just spread over one less day. I do think a change to the opening hours should be a joint decision.

i can see your point, but i think that the fact that 99per cent of their clients are walk ins might mean that those clients will just go somewhere else if they are not open, so why not let her partner make the money rather than the salon down the road, lol hope that made sense x

Sorry not read all the threads, but just want to add that these clients that are often walk ins would probably not book in in the week as they want a treatment there and then and could possibly go elsewhere and not come back at all!

However your partner working on mondays and taking these additional clients and adding them to YOUR database will in turn help you both.

Say one of these clients can't come next time on a monday and books in on a day you work, would that then be unfair to your partner?

Its joint co-operation, if you dont want to work mondays but your partner does then whats the problem? In the long run its going to work out in both of your favours!

More clients that have used your salon will keep coming back to your salon, you have a database to flyer and get them coming back and not forgetting the most important form of advertising money cannot buy, Client word of mouth referal!

Kate

I actually have to say that this is basically the point I was trying to make but after re-reading my post I realise it's not clear... I think I was thinking to quickly qhile typing...

originally we planned to be off mondays and work alternate sundays. We then got busy Sunday so *SOMETHING I DIDNT SAY IN MY ORIGINAL POST* was that *she* actually decided to come in every Sunday (including my Sundays) fair enough... so I come in every Sunday too. Then last week we missed a busy Monday so we said we would see how this week goes and if popular do alternate Mondays. So she came in this Monday and has now decided to work every Monday too... which means shes 'decided' to work my Monday's too! So as Zo Zo was saying, my takings on 'my Monday' are going to halve and I dont want to have to work every Monday to make up for it...

As for all those who said you only get out what you put in... I work tuesday to sunday 10am-10pm!!!! Is this not enough?! The second point being that if we do not offer Mondays, the clients will have no choice but come Tuesday-Sunday (we have a lovely receptionist in the shop who takes their details when were not there.) Hope this makes more sense...

I don't know your individual circumstances but maybe she really needs the money?? Some people are having to work all the hours god sends to get through this period of economic difficulty.

no... we're both in the same position. In fact her partner gives her a lot of money and pays for things for her and she doesn't pay home rent

Why not devise a new rota so that you both work 4 on 4 off or something like that. Or do a alternative shifts each week, for example one week she works monday, wednesday, friday and sunday (along with saturday with you) and the you work Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and then go into the next weeks rota.

Things like this always get messy. How do you work out who pays for the products, rent etc or do you split the cost.

Can you not work the same hours each and whatever you take in the week pay your selves fairly so after your outgoings you get 50% each.

Perhaps your partner dosnt realise she has upset you (she will whn she sees this thread though!). Why not sit down when your quiet and explain how you feel.

To me it seems your upset that she did so well. Would you still have written this thread if she took no money, but still went in every monday just in case?

And as previously said those clients would perhaps rebook on your days too. Just offer a better treatment and they will keep rebooking with you.

Kate

Latest posts

Back