I think I'm getting on someone's nerves! - phantom bookings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jurate

Reaction score
Morning, geeks! I think I need some advice please.

Lately I've started to get a lot of new clients book in for eyelash extensions and then they don't turn up .

Last week on Wednesday I've had one day with 0 takings as no one came and nobody answered the phones either . Same happened yesterday - I rushed from my appointment from one salon to another only to have the client not turn up and she didn't answer the phone! Yet again - 0 takings from that salon. I have a few more booked in this and next week that I have a funny feeling about and I don't know what to do!

I take a few bookings in myself, but mostly the appointments are managed by the salon, so don't have much control over it, also, taking deposits is not really going to happen either. I probably need a good cancellation policy, at least as a warning, even if it is not going to be implemented on people.

I have a funny feeling (but don't want to put blame on just in case it's not her) that it's my competition - there's a new girl that does lashes in my area. She's been doing lashes for a while but moved to my area and works at both places - her previous and this new one somewhere around me. She's good and she's always busy, I had one of her clients come to me saying she couldn't get an app with herself since Christmas. I had my clients tell me they had phone calls to their workplaces with girls trying to find out where they got their lashes done! The prices, etc ... Also, all the no shows seem to be from the same country as the new lash girl and that's why I feel it could be her.

I'm joking telling people I that I must be a real threat to someone that this keeps happening, but the issue is getting under my skin :(

I'm getting very low about all this business going on and really need some constructive advice :( sorry for the long rant :(
Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Take a telephone number for the client and as soon after the booking as is practicable give them a call just to have a chat.
If they don't answer leave a message saying that unless they return the call the booking will be cancelled.

Take a telephone number for the client and as soon after the booking as is practicable give them a call just to have a chat.
If they don't answer leave a message saying that unless they return the call the booking will be cancelled.

I may do just that then x I'm getting really tired of this :(

I completely agree with Lynn. I've had one or two I thought were strange before and rang them back immediately to no answer. I deleted the booking and they didn't show.

You could also try 1471 after they book to see if the number is right or if all these calls are coming from the same number.

Some people have no morals. I'm sure she will get bored soon xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

Do you take an address from the people booking? I would think that people that are going to take the 'p' will not always want to leave a address. You could also send a confirmation email, if the email 'bounces' back you're on the way to knowing what this 'client' is all about.

I think something along the lines of "I call you two days before to confirm the booking, if I am not able to get hold of you I have to offer the appointment to someone else" You've got a couple of days to fill the space then.

Do you take an address from the people booking? I would think that people that are going to take the 'p' will not always want to leave a address. You could also send a confirmation email, if the email 'bounces' back you're on the way to knowing what this 'client' is all about.

I think something along the lines of "I call you two days before to confirm the booking, if I am not able to get hold of you I have to offer the appointment to someone else" You've got a couple of days to fill the space then.

This sounds like an idea - with the email . I wouldn't ask for home address though but it does sound good with email! X I'm just sick of loosing money. It used to be an odd no show before and normally I would get the feeling of them knowing they won't come but now I'm worried every time I see a new person in the appointment book. Also, (and this is going to sound a bit odd) but 90% of traveller ladies that book in with me - they never come and when they do, its either an hour too early or an hour late and they expect to be seen there and then :(
The other girl that does lashes (I don hers sometimes) has stopped taking new client's due to no shows and messers. I wish I could do that too but I'm only on my second year in a trade properly and still am building my client base ! :)

Sorry to hear this is happening Jurate, it's pretty sad that someone stoops to that.
Definitely agree with calling them back/email address thing, people will understand why you have to do it if they are genuine.

I've always done the confirmation email or call, sometimes you just get that feeling of something not quite right.

Hope you manage to get it sorted. And remember, you are great at what you do which is why the claws come out. X

Do you patch test before your lashes? As that might be a way to figure out if the clients real or not of they don't turn up for the patch test then they won't turn up for the appointment. At least then you've only wasted 10 mins of your time not a full appointment xxx

Latest posts

Back