I want to see more mingin nail make overs, do you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I got to ask this as it’s been bugging me for ages now.

But whenever you watch a video, DVD or see an article on the application of nail enhancements when they don’t use a model with the prefect C curves and the longest nail beds ever :?:

Well personally I want to see scabby, damaged, bitten, flat nails transformed into something beautiful, I mean lets face it this is what we are here for isn’t it - to make a clients nails more aesthetically pleasing?

I hardly ever see good nails when I am working I see more crooked, wonky, damaged or rather quite large nails and have to turn my skills to creating something from a non-perfect canvas into something perfect but I don’t see this covered in our trade press as much as I would like :|

So I say I lay down a challenge to all distributors, manufacturers and educators in the future lets see some really mingin nails turned into some real beauties in our trade mags.

It would be great to see this thrown into the mix rather that the constant beauties made more beautiful and really see what our products can do.

What do you all think are you with me on this one :D

Hi Louise,

I agree with you - it would be great to be able to purchase a video or dvd which demonstrated transformation of problem nails into perfection.

I don't know what the prupose of the recent shoot that Creative did where they had several Geeks with such problem nails and transformed one hand into perfection. Hopefully, it is for us technicians that this was being done for. It may well have just been to promote their products but a video or dvd would be a sure best seller.

Fingers crossed.

Hi, where have you been?..........Creative have just done a Makeover photo session with some of our favorite little geeks as models.......not sure when it is going to hit the trade mags but I am sure Mrs Geek will let us know as soon as she does!!!!:wink2:

I cannot wait!!....I also love to see the transformation from ugly/fanshaped/bitten nails to beautiful nails....................and you are right trade mags don't do it often enough!!:(

Izabel,

Will it be just photos for the trade mags or will a video of the shoot be available for retail?

I think that a dvd would sell like hot cakes!

Oh i would love a dvd. Watching ugly nails being transformed into beautiful jewels would be awesome to watch.

Hi ladies,

I think what I really want is to see more exposure in trade mags, and I wonder what katherine and Alex think about this?

I agree totally Louise,
In fact a few months ago I did a 'Mother of the bride' and her nails were pretty dire. I posted my end result and asked for feedback and had some wonderful replies. A lot of the constructive critisism I received was to 'bring the sides in'.... but I thought I had, lol!
I asked then if anyone had before and after pics of such nails that they'd like to share and no-one wanted to put any on here!
Be great if Alex or Kathryn could find some pros up for this...otherwise I guess we will just have to wait for Jan Arnolds book!
Btw, they really did make theythose minging nails sing at the Creative Makeover Shoot! ...appologies to the owners of the minging nails, lol! :smack:

There was a thread about this a while back, about what we would want to see in trade mags. I said then that it's all very well seing nails done on hand models with perfect nails, but we don't see that every day in a salon. The answer was that people want so show their work off to their best potential. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Fab Freak said:
Hi ladies,

I think what I really want is to see more exposure in trade mags, and I wonder what katherine and Alex think about this?
I understand that exposure in the trade mags will be good but why don't you want to see the process in action on dvd or video?

NailNovice2 said:
I understand that exposure in the trade mags will be good but why don't you want to see the process in action on dvd or video?

Hiya Chris , oh i think i've been misunderstood, I didn't say I didn't want to see this, i would, but right now I'd rather see more exposure in magazines that I can show to my clients to prove what can be acheived, and even better so see such advertising by ANT or an distributors to showcase before and afters in a glossy magazines which really help the customers come around to the way nail enhancments if they were relutant before or if they didnt realise the benefits.

but so far i've still prefered to attend workshops or one to ones for learning about corrective enhancments as I dont think I personally would benefit from a dvd alone opps but in support

I think a DVD is a fab idea - but it should not be seen as a substitute for training, rather as a compement to it.

I understand now that it is for your client's benefit that you want to see these images in trade mags - sorry Louise.

Of course, Sassy, a video/dvd it would be in addition to training. Whilst training, I couldn't get enought good videos to watch again and again. I love watching experts at work and it would be fab to watch on video their approach to problem nails. There is no substitute to training.

Chris - sorry I realise my post may have been seen as pointing a finger, oops. think what I meant to say was that it would be great to have a follow up dvd to training as you can't always take everything in and it's nice to have a reminder to keep you on the right track.

I make you right girls to be a feature each month in the trademags where a top tech does a makeover on grotty (minging thanks Glol lol) nails like mine would be fabulous.

Especially if they perferated the edges so we could pull them out like a little portfolio of dodgy nails, spoon nails, biten, fan shaped, etc. grea idea come on Alex and Kathryn get your fingers out girls lol

Techniques for technicians
x

transforming ugly nails would make the ultimate competition category. a real test of skill.

angel fingers said:
transforming ugly nails would make the ultimate competition category. a real test of skill.

What a fabulous idea.

Hey I think its a fab idea, not one of my clients has got the perfect nail, thats why they come to me!!!!!!

However, if anyone wants to practice grotty to glam on my nails, do feel free!!!!!!;) :D xx

Debz xx

Latest posts

Back