IBD soak off gel info/suggestions please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessicles

Reaction score
At the moment, I am strictly an L&P girl, but I have had a few requests for gel nails. I did some gel nails in beauty school, but never got on with it. I found it too fiddly. I have done lots of searches, just not finding what I need exactly.

I am looking for a gel that is fairly easy to apply, but doesn't lift. I only plan to use gels for NNOs, just some strengthening. If I am used to L&P, what would be the best gel for me? I have been researching gel brands, and the Biosculpture, Akzentz and Calgel I've read a lot about are not easily accessible in the U.S. (I am in Michigan). I really would like to be able to get my gel product from the same company I order the rest of my things from and they offer these brands: CND Brisa, OPI Axxium and Microbond Classic Gel, NSI One Step Balance (but there's also a builder gel and a pink gel available), IBD Soak Off gel (they don't seem to have the regular ibd gel, which is weird), Star Nail and Lightbox(both seem on the cheap side.) Obviously, CND and OPI are more expensive systems, but I don't know if I want to invest that much into gels when it's going to only be a small portion of my business.

I think I like the sound of the IBD soak off gel, but can't find that much info on it here in the forums. Does anyone use this gel? I would appreciate any tips and info on it, or anything about gels as I'm definitely new to it.

Thank you in advance,
Jessica

Personally i would go for the CND, IBD soakoff is not very good (just MY opinion) it doesn't give very good coverage and it tends to lift, well for me anyway. The IBD buff off gel is good though, i have just never had much success with the soak off.
I'm sure other geeks can offer more info :)

At the moment, I am strictly an L&P girl, but I have had a few requests for gel nails. I did some gel nails in beauty school, but never got on with it. I found it too fiddly. I have done lots of searches, just not finding what I need exactly.

I am looking for a gel that is fairly easy to apply, but doesn't lift
there is no such gel *per se*... there are gels that YOU will find easy to apply, and some that you won't.
there are gels that YOUR prep will make stay, and YOUR prep will make them lift. or the client. there's no miracle ;);)
. I only plan to use gels for NNOs, just some strengthening. If I am used to L&P, what would be the best gel for me? I have been researching gel brands, and the Biosculpture, Akzentz and Calgel these gels are nice for NNO because they are soft. But they are bad because they're soft too. ie if you're used to your l&p and change for a set of these it's gonna hurt.
I've read a lot about are not easily accessible in the U.S. (I am in Michigan). I really would like to be able to get my gel product from the same company I order the rest of my things from and they offer these brands: CND Brisa, OPI Axxium and Microbond Classic Gel, NSI One Step Balance (but there's also a builder gel and a pink gel available), IBD Soak Off gel (they don't seem to have the regular ibd gel, which is weird), Star Nail and Lightbox(both seem on the cheap side.) Obviously, CND and OPI
OPI Axxium has been made for the enhancement of the natural nail, so for NNO's it's a good system. Microbond is really nice too but it's not a brush system, you work on the nail straight with the tube. which is nice but means you need a little time in the beginning.
are more expensive systems, but I don't know if I want to invest that much into gels when it's going to only be a small portion of my business.
it may be a small portion NOW, but once you have it started it can grow as your GEL clients will spread the word ;);)

I think I like the sound of the IBD soak off gel, but can't find that much info on it here in the forums. Does anyone use this gel? I would appreciate any tips and info on it, or anything about gels as I'm definitely new to it.

Thank you in advance,
Jessica
I am not that convinced will soak off gels at the mo. they ALL have this yellowish finish on the white tip, its quite annoying when someone asks for a whiter white... (and your own set of l&p is whiter than theirs...)

Well I love soak off gels. I use Calgel and the new ibd soak off, have a look in my gallery.

I have just purchased the buff off ibd gel trial kit and love the pink and white. I dont get a problem in yellowing but then some l&p yellows so it depends on the product and the sun.

I do not get any lifting with soak off gels that is one of my reasons for using Calgel it has fantastic adhesion properties.

I find ibd is great for nail art the gel is the right consistancy and so easy to use.

I hope you find what you are looking for without laying out too much money it can get costly trying out different products. Good luck.

Hi Jessicles-
Have you tried LeChat? They're here in the states and very easy to apply. It comes in a polish type bottle and then you dip into a powder, then cure.

Latest posts

Back