IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Linda for your speedy response via email. So lovely in this day and age to have people care so much about their customers. Much appreciated ;) x

Thank you Linda for your speedy response via email. So lovely in this day and age to have people care so much about their customers. Much appreciated ;) x

Remember I am also a nail tech-so I totally understand, when we want information, we want it now!!!

FYI for the group I am off to Long Beach, CA our official IBX launch here in the states, won't be back until Monday night-so if you don't hear from me, I will answer any questions on Tuesday!

Lindabuffet- Just wondering.....if putting a heated bean bag under the hand while drying with a lamp would help to speed up the 5 mins drying time as it would be warming from both sides?

I don't think you need to do that much-heat over top is enough-remember we don't need it to be hot-just warm, the warmth is what helps IBX penetrate into those top layers of the nail, it will only penetrate so far. Make it simple!

I have sifted through the thread for the answer but haven't found it, so maybe someone could confirm that when using CND Shellac, presumably scrub fresh is our 'preferred cleanser'? I was just a bit concerned that the acetone in it might somehow compromise the IBX. The only other alternative would be Dsperse.

I am using scrubfresh

Can any one tell me what led lamps they're using, I was thinking about getting one for use with IBX to speed the process up. I have a couple of Shellac lamps but they'll take quite a time to cure so I thought I'd get something else quicker, but don't know where to start.

Karaxxx

The NEW Dashing Diva light is fabulous!!! That is what I am using and I believe you can buy it at Sweet Squared. It is the one I use in my IBX video.

I don't think you need to do that much-heat over top is enough-remember we don't need it to be hot-just warm, the warmth is what helps IBX penetrate into those top layers of the nail, it will only penetrate so far. Make it simple!

Many thanks.

I think we need an "IBX lovers group" for all the photos etc.:hug:

Many thanks.

I think we need an "IBX lovers group" for all the photos etc.:hug:

Id be up for that action :D I already got a nice stash of pictures hehe

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Can't see the Dashing diva light on the S2 website

The NEW Dashing Diva light is fabulous!!! That is what I am using and I believe you can buy it at Sweet Squared. It is the one I use in my IBX video.

Oh that would great as I buy everything from SS, but I can't see it so maybe they aren't stocking it yet.

Karaxxx

Oh that would great as I buy everything from SS, but I can't see it so maybe they aren't stocking it yet.

Karaxxx
The Minx lamp also is perfect if you have that Twid. It's what I am using.

The Minx lamp also is perfect if you have that Twid. It's what I am using.

I've got it and plan to use for the heating part of the process, I've got a genuine (two actually) Shellac lamp but was thinking about getting an LED one to speed the process up, so I didn't have to take so long with the cure side of things.

Karaxxx

I've got it and plan to use for the heating part of the process, I've got a genuine (two actually) Shellac lamp but was thinking about getting an LED one to speed the process up, so I didn't have to take so long with the cure side of things.

Karaxxx

Cool .. It is perfect for the heating part. I'm sticking with my CND lamp for the moment. But LED would be good for IBX of course. X

Demonstration Video

I scanned this thread and did not see this video. If it is already posted, sorry for the duplicate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4lHYCxf84A

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/r4lHYCxf84A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
This worries me Jan Arnold on Facebook this evening has had a Q&A with CND guys&girls ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390687162.772120.jpg
The question was about use IBX under Shellac...

This worries me Jan Arnold on Facebook this evening has had a Q&A with CND guys&girlsView attachment 53784
The question was about use IBX under Shellac...

I saw that too and it's a bit concerning. But as it's not a CND product it could essentially cause product breakdown and we constantly been told not to mix products, this could well be true.

It would be just like using X branded base coat with Z branded colour coat...it's down to the technician to take that risk.

This is very strange, as everyone including Gigi has raved about IBX, I'm still looking forward to using it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but IBX penetrates the nail so no product is left on the nail itself it's within the nail plate layers (especially after you scrub fresh before CND Shellac application) so surely no potential service break down could be due to this as CND Shellac Base Coat would be in direct contact with the nail still? Hugs x

This is very strange, as everyone including Gigi has raved about IBX, I'm still looking forward to using it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but IBX penetrates the nail so no product is left on the nail itself it's within the nail plate layers (especially after you scrub fresh before CND Shellac application) so surely no potential service break down could be due to this as CND Shellac Base Coat would be in direct contact with the nail still? Hugs x

I don't think Jan can endorse the product because it's not CND...there's gonna be a lot of confused nail technicians this evening x

I saw that too and it's a bit concerning. But as it's not a CND product it could essentially cause product breakdown and we constantly been told not to mix products, this could well be true.

It would be just like using X branded base coat with Z branded colour coat...it's down to the technician to take that risk.

But would that take us into the realms of going against the manufacturer and voiding insurance? I see it written here constantly about no matter what we think, it's what the company states that's important.

But that's also left me wondering why Jan would say that when IBX penetrates the nail plate so supposedly nothing is left after the blotting.

Latest posts

Back