IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant on MY nails ... Not everyone's nails ... Apologies if I confused you. I've only ever used IBX on my nails up to date.

Oh I see, sorry I misread your post. Im really looking forward to trying IBX/IBX repair. I have a lot of clients who NEED a product like this! If using an LED lamp do you still need a separate heat source applied too? :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh I see, sorry I misread your post. Im really looking forward to trying IBX/IBX repair. I have a lot of clients who NEED a product like this! If using an LED lamp do you still need a separate heat source applied too? :)

Yes, you do. but the heat source can be a hair dryer or a light bulb that gives off heat or a Minx lamp or infrared lamp ... Most of us have one or more of these things. Nothing specific that you have to have.

The heat is crucial and that which drives IBX into the upper layers of the nail plate. Once it has penetrated it is then cured in the UV led or CND UV lamp. The CND lamp has been tested successfully with IBX with a 2 minute cure time.

This thread is just going round in circles lol people are asking the same questions when the answers are within the thread. Everyones getting confused and mixed up. Everyone take a breath and relax......lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

This thread is just going round in circles lol people are asking the same questions when the answers are within the thread. Everyones getting confused and mixed up. Everyone take a breath and relax......lol

I knew it needed heat source for UV lamp but not looked into LED sorry to annoy anyone ;)

I knew it needed heat source for UV lamp but not looked into LED sorry to annoy anyone ;)

No not annoyed me, wasnt aiming at you. Everyone's just getting in a dizzy about this and need to relax. As sometimes I get confused on things but its because I read too fast trying to take it all in then im in a dizzy lol but ill def be trying this product out :)

All questions have been answered correctly.

I can understand a level of disbelief but that is because it is such a new and never seen before technology so a big change in understanding. It's this that is causing confusion but that's how it should be. People should question until they get the answer that helps them understand.

The only reason I am taking to time to answer as much as possible is because I truly believe it is a game changer for the pro industry and a solution to so many problems.

I'm not selling it, I'm not on any commission. I just want to encourage the industry to have a good look an a ground breaking product that will help us to be better at what we do and up the anti!

If the world was a perfect place every application and removal of Shellac and gel polishes would also be perfect: not even the teanyiest bit of scraping: clients wouldn't pick at it: they would always use oil: their nails plates would never be the kind that a 2-3 weekly removal caused dehydration: there would be no delamination: they wouldn't let water touch their nails: they wouldn't type,on a key board: they wouldn't even get older so their nails became ridged.

In that perfect world washing our hair in water wouldn't need a conditioner straight after: it wouldn't suffer from pollution: colouring it wouldn't cause it to become dry so it needed conditioner and other hydrating products.

Do you get my point? :lol::lol:

There is no mixing of systems here nor insurance issues. IBX is not on the surface of the nail it is inside the nail. Worrying about this is almost like worrying that a client is taking vitamin supplements aimed at healthy nail growth.

It won't compromise ANY coating it will only repair any damage in the nail plate and protect the nail,plate from water and solvents and therefore dehydration. Oil is still needed. It doesn't replace that as that is needed every day to top up moisture levels, lubricate coatings and improve the condition of the surrounding skin.

Well said Gigi!

I know a few of you have emailed me for the instruction, I will send when I get back in town, we are launching IBX this weekend in Long Beach!!! Yesterday was a great day for IBX!!!

Will go through and answer all questions on Tuesday. Happy Sunday to everyone!

How many services approximately do you get out of the bottles?

Does anyone know what we should/could be charging for this treatment?

I'm quite excited to try it out on my clients and myself of course!

Does anyone know what we should/could be charging for this treatment?

I'm quite excited to try it out on my clients and myself of course!

You need to charge what is right for you! Depending on the client and the equipment you have it will take 10-20 mins. The COP is low so it is how much you need to charge for the time taken.

That's how all services should be worked out unless there is recommended minimum and, in this case, there isn't!

You need to charge what is right for you! Depending on the client and the equipment you have it will take 10-20 mins. The COP is low so it is how much you need to charge for the time taken.

That's how all services should be worked out unless there is recommended minimum and, in this case, there isn't!

Thanks. I expected it to take longer and I'm just working out my prices for under a Gel manicure and on it's own. I have quite a few people that would like to have nice nails but work in industries where a gel polish in not permitted.

I was under the impression it was supposed to be used under all nail treatments as it protects the natural nail from the effects of what is placed on top. Many have stated they will never do a nail service again without using it on every client thus changing there pricing structure. It was called an 'insurance policy', so when would you then not use it on a clients nails when using gels, l&p or power polish? This gets more confusing by the day. :confused:

IBX can be used under regular polish & under any GelPolish system. I don't believe we ever tested it on traditional gel or acrylic (L&P). It only is applied on the natural nail. Regrowth area is very small...

So do you have to use a hairdryer and can it be all cured under the CND Uv Lamp?

So do you have to use a hairdryer and can it be all cured under the CND UV Lamp?

It requires heat .. how you deliver it is up to you ... hair drier, Minx or infra red lamp (which is what I use) or even a traditional 75 watt bulb. And yes it has been tested by Famous Names and works with the CND UV lamp 2 minute cure time.

Apologies if this has been asked before - I have followed the entire thread from the beginning and don't recall it!

Will IBX protect or reduce water absorption due to the way it penetrates and remains within the nail? I wondered if this would help with clients such as hairdressers who often are exposed to water while cutting wet hair etc.

Thank you!

Apologies if this has been asked before - I have followed the entire thread from the beginning and don't recall it!

Will IBX protect or reduce water absorption due to the way it penetrates and remains within the nail? I wondered if this would help with clients such as hairdressers who often are exposed to water while cutting wet hair etc.

Thank you!
Yes .. One of the main purposes of the product. It' all here in the thread but there is allot to absorb. X

Latest posts

Back