IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe because....?
why would you need it anyway," cnd shellac does not damage nails, at all the inexperienced techs do, through improper application and or removal ,or because they have not attended courses, or it is not the real cnd shellac being used, and clients do not apply solar oil ,cnd shellac is all you need there is only one cnd shellac"all documented on this site

but yet it has been stated numerous times on hear go buy and apply on here
buy buy buy ......................???????????????

"it is a insurance policy to wear under gel polish it helps eliminate wear and tear "so on and so watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4lHYCxf84A

cnd shellac is not a gel polish and no insurance policy is required as it has been stated in countless threads marketing and news reports cnd shellac does not damage nails .....!!

Last edited:
Very confusing since Jan & Jim are sister & brother, but Jan says it's not needed under Shellac!! Families eh?

Wouldn't like to be sitting around the family table for Sunday lunch tomorrow! :wink2:

I totally agree that CND Shellac doesn't damage nails if applied and removed correctly but if your nails are weak and peely to start with CND Shellac won't repair your nails or improve the condition. Yes CND Shellac protects your nails whilst it is on and Brisa Lite Smoothing gel helps too but without it weak peely nails are still the same. Before I trained I used to see a CND Master Painter and even with correct application, removal, lots of Solar Oil and Cuticle Eraser my nails were still weak and peely. So for me IBX seems to be the only real solution to help improve my nail health. Fingers crossed the mixed messages from CND and IBX will be cleared up. Xx

maybe because....?

"it is a insurance policy to wear under gel polish it helps eliminate wear and tear "so on and so watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4lHYCxf84A

cnd shellac is not a gel polish and no insurance policy is required as it has been stated in countless threads marketing and news reports cnd shellac does not damage nails .....!!

Someone correct me if Im wrong but shellac is both a nail polish and a gel polish combined. That's why when it first came out it was marketed as a hybrid polish but the term "hybrid polish" was replaced with "power polish" because of trademark issues with the term "hybrid" as it relates to the car. This was told to me by the cnd ambassador in NY.

Shellac may not damage your nails and if you're a good nail tech you won't damage your nails...but your less than ideal clients who never use solar oil and use their nails as tools might and thats where they would benefit from IBX

Someone correct me if Im wrong but shellac is both a nail polish and a gel polish combined. That's why when it first came out it was marketed as a hybrid polish but the term "hybrid polish" was replaced with "power polish" because of trademark issues with the term "hybrid" as it relates to the car. This was told to me by the cnd ambassador in NY.

Shellac may not damage your nails and if you're a good nail tech you won't damage your nails...but your less than ideal clients who never use solar oil and use their nails as tools might and thats where they would benefit from IBX

Agreed ... There are serial pickers out there and no matter how well you use the CND Shellac system many clients return each appointment with their Shellac picked off. Even I have picked CND Shellac off after a few weeks ... Once you get started, it is hard to resist. :green: So I thought I would try IBX ... I did and my Shellac has lasted perfectly well. No loss of adhesion.

The reason there is no loss of adhesion is that IBX penetrates the nail plate and once cured you don't see a layer of IBX on the surface of the plate. After cleaning with Scrub Fresh as per usual you are ready to go.

Jan may not have a full understanding of the science behind IBX after all it has only been launched yesterday at the show she attended. ... She said it might affect adhesion of the Shellac base coat so they are not recommending using it; neither are they saying you can't! ... Having used it I can confidently say that it does not seem to have affected the adhesion of the base coat in any negative way that I have seen or felt or noticed. IBX was designed to be used as a nail restore system and designed to be used with UV cured polishes.

Last edited:
I'm not worried about using IBX with shellac if a client needs it. I also get why Jan wouldn't endorse its use with CND on a public forum, if she did it would undermine all her work stating Shellac will not damage the natural nail. Commercial suicide.
This doesn't mean she doesn't support the product or anything sinister, just that she has a passion for CND and the values they, as a company hold for Shellac as a complete nail system.
An Inspirational business woman xx

Sent from my HTC Desire X using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not worried about using IBX with shellac if a client needs it. I also get why Jan wouldn't endorse its use with CND on a public forum, if she did it would undermine all her work stating Shellac will not damage the natural nail. Commercial suicide.
This doesn't mean she doesn't support the product or anything sinister, just that she has a passion for CND and the values they, as a company hold for Shellac as a complete nail system.
An Inspirational business woman xx

Sent from my HTC Desire X using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think Jan's endorsing IBX use with CND Shellac would undermine anything she has previously said. But of course she is not going to endorse any other brand of nail product. No one in her position would do so for the very reasons you have written.

But, For example we have many clients that come to us with severely damaged nails ... From plain old nail biters and pickers to those who have had a drill used on their natural nails or heavy filing and years of wearing enhancements ... Even those who have not followed good aftercare advice with their nails! They want to try Shellac, which we all know does not last as well on flimsy damaged nails.

If something helps the nails while they are growing out and protects them from further dehydration and can be used before UV cured products are applied .... To me that is a game changer for we professionals and our clients.

Using IBX when appropriate does not mean we don't still have to use BL Smoothing gel or BL Sculpting gel when we see challenged nails; it doesn't take the place of that. IBX supports the nail structure from within the plate and protects the plate from excessive dehydration. That has got to be a good thing when we see it is needed; if the circumstances are appropriate. In many cases we will never need to use IBX.

I don't think Jan's endorsing IBX use with CND Shellac would undermine anything she has previously said. But of course she is not going to endorse any other brand of nail product. No one in her position would do so for the very reasons you have written.

But, For example we have many clients that come to us with severely damaged nails ... From plain old nail biters and pickers to those who have had a drill used on their natural nails or heavy filing and years of wearing enhancements ... Even those who have not followed good aftercare advice with their nails! They want to try Shellac, which we all know does not last as well on flimsy damaged nails.

If something helps the nails while they are growing out and protects them from further dehydration and can be used before UV cured products are applied .... To me that is a game changer for we professionals and our clients.

Using IBX when appropriate does not mean we don't still have to use BL Smoothing gel or BL Sculpting gel when we see challenged nails; it doesn't take the place of that. IBX supports the nail structure from within the plate and protects the plate from excessive dehydration. That has got to be a good thing when we see it is needed; if the circumstances are appropriate. In many cases we will never need to use IBX.

It certainly is an exciting product, I am hoping it will help me to increase my client base as in the past there have been a few ladies I have refused a Shellac service on the basis their nails would neither hold the product well and they may suffer further damage upon even careful removal. I hope IBX will allow them to initially wear a Vinylux manicure for a good week and after a while be able to wear shellac with smoothing gel to give them the nails they really want and can be proud of....I have my fingers crossed xx

I was under the impression it was supposed to be used under all nail treatments as it protects the natural nail from the effects of what is placed on top. Many have stated they will never do a nail service again without using it on every client thus changing there pricing structure. It was called an 'insurance policy', so when would you then not use it on a clients nails when using gels, l&p or power polish? This gets more confusing by the day. :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think IBX will be a cool addition for those who because of their dry, porous nails, have seen some staining with VINYLUX too. I suspect that regular use of IBX will sort that out for them. You can use it for toenails too, of course. :green:

I was under the impression it was supposed to be used under all nail treatments as it protects the natural nail from the effects of what is placed on top. Many have stated they will never do a nail service again without using it on every client thus changing there pricing structure. It was called an 'insurance policy', so when would you then not use it on a clients nails when using gels, l&p or power polish? This gets more confusing by the day. :confused:

That may be what some people choose to do but that is overkill in my opinion. I will use it when the condition of the nails warrants it and when it doesn't, I won't ... To me it will be prescriptive. IBX is there to serve a need ... If no need exists then I won't be using it.

If you are a nail professional who takes pride yourself in causing no damage and you have clients who love that and do their part with good aftercare and no picking, then they would not need IBX. We have many clients just like that. We also have many who are not! Lol

Doing the same ... It will be a permanent part of my pre-preparation! Lol.

I thought you had said Geeg it would be a permanent part of your pre-pep???

Doing the same ... It will be a permanent part of my pre-preparation! Lol.

I thought youd said Geeg youd be using it on all clients as pre-pep?

I thought youd said Geeg youd be using it on all clients as pre-pep?

Sorry for the double post :thumbdown:

I bought this from Liddle this week - I'm not UK based so don't know if it's in your Liddles at the moment. It's 75-100 watts and was really cheap (12 Swiss francs - about £8). I had to remove the head and replace it backwards so that the head would face down instead of up! I think it's perfect and cost buttons.View attachment 53698

It's in our liddle too in the uk I bought two for £7 each

If the world was a perfect place every application and removal of Shellac and gel polishes would also be perfect: not even the teanyiest bit of scraping: clients wouldn't pick at it: they would always use oil: their nails plates would never be the kind that a 2-3 weekly removal caused dehydration: there would be no delamination: they wouldn't let water touch their nails: they wouldn't type,on a key board: they wouldn't even get older so their nails became ridged.

In that perfect world washing our hair in water wouldn't need a conditioner straight after: it wouldn't suffer from pollution: colouring it wouldn't cause it to become dry so it needed conditioner and other hydrating products.

Do you get my point? :lol::lol:

There is no mixing of systems here nor insurance issues. IBX is not on the surface of the nail it is inside the nail. Worrying about this is almost like worrying that a client is taking vitamin supplements aimed at healthy nail growth.

It won't compromise ANY coating it will only repair any damage in the nail plate and protect the nail,plate from water and solvents and therefore dehydration. Oil is still needed. It doesn't replace that as that is needed every day to top up moisture levels, lubricate coatings and improve the condition of the surrounding skin.

I'm a nail tech and guilty of picking, peeling and not regularly using solar oil. I'm far from perfect and if IBX can help get my nails looking good because I sabotage them, then that's great.

I thought you had said Geeg it would be a permanent part of your pre-pep???

I meant on MY nails ... Not everyone's nails ... Apologies if I confused you. I've only ever used IBX on my nails up to date.

Latest posts

Back