IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the white on the first nail not de hydration from enhancement ?

it is, but the point is you also cleanse (e.g. scrubfresh) at the end of the treatment but somehow the nail doesn't get dehydrated... magic!

Last edited:
I have a client with a number of health issues and can't keep her Shellac on for more than 7 days. Ive tried BLSmG & BLScG but neither would stay on. So two weeks ago I got her to try to IBX. I was sceptical, its my nature. But two weeks later she arrived this morning with all nails still intact!! I admit I did have a few tears! as have tried everything bar sending her somewhere for enhancements (which I currently don't offer), which she didn't really want.:big grin:

IF this only works for her, it would have worth it! both very happy today!!

My own nails are currently the longest they have every been with Shellac still on after three weeks (they look gross though and need changing!!) :eek:

Does this product actually make your own nails stronger or just repair them to their normal condition !

Just ordered my ibx today from louella belle I think it was around the £xx inc vat and postage xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this product actually make your own nails stronger or just repair them to their normal condition !

I personally have had IBX applied 4 times over the course of a month. It has repaired the damage and it has made my own nail MUCH stronger and resilient, its hard to describe what its like. Nothing to see on your nail except pure strength :) Water repellent! Yippie...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is the white on the first nail not de hydration from enhancement ?

Never had enhancements in her life ever. This lady is 60 + takes a fair amount of medicines from what I'm aware. Always had ridges, couldn't grow any free edge until now.

If you are using primers and dehydrators can you still use Ibx and if so would you just do your cuticles, Ibx then as soon as thats done buff the nail plate dehydrate/prime? Xx

yes

I bought the ibx duo at the show but have mislaid the brochure that came with it. Anyone know what website I could direct people to that would explain the product and show before and after pics (no prices) please? and not facebook as most I know don't have it.
Thanks x

I bought the ibx duo at the show but have mislaid the brochure that came with it. Anyone know what website I could direct people to that would explain the product and show before and after pics (no prices) please? and not facebook as most I know don't have it.
Thanks x

Louella belle may have an online brochure they can send to you, that you could print off perhaps? HTH

Apologies if this has already been asked but it is a fairly long thread now!
Does IBX have an effect on nails that suffer from psoriasis?

I applied my ibx last Monday but my thumb nails still looks fairly unhealthy and split, do I apply the repair again or just the ibx as it's my 2nd application. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Just wondering where everyone gets there ibx from? X

Couldn't find the thread lol x

Found it thank you

Gosh, I have just read from page 1 to 36 and I just had to stop reading and post my question anyway as there was no answer for my Q as far as I could see. Apologies if it's been answered in pages 37-59!

So the IBX gets cured INTO the nail which is great, so my question is when proceeding to apply Gelish gel polish, which requires a light buffing before application, is the buffing going to buff any of the IBX away? Is it still safe to buff with a 180/240 buffer and not compromise the IBX?

Also, what happens if a client decides she will only have the treatment every 2nd or 3rd Gelish apt - ie every 6wks or longer...? I presume the IBX will still be in the nail until it grows out so won't really affect anything too much? I'm worried that people won't want to spend the extra every Gelish appointment :/ Or is there no point in doing the service for them if they won't have it every 2-3 weeks?

Thanks

Gosh, I have just read from page 1 to 36 and I just had to stop reading and post my question anyway as there was no answer for my Q as far as I could see. Apologies if it's been answered in pages 37-59!

So the IBX gets cured INTO the nail which is great, so my question is when proceeding to apply Gelish gel polish, which requires a light buffing before application, is the buffing going to buff any of the IBX away? Is it still safe to buff with a 180/240 buffer and not compromise the IBX?

Also, what happens if a client decides she will only have the treatment every 2nd or 3rd Gelish apt - ie every 6wks or longer...? I presume the IBX will still be in the nail until it grows out so won't really affect anything too much? I'm worried that people won't want to spend the extra every Gelish appointment :/ Or is there no point in doing the service for them if they won't have it every 2-3 weeks?

Thanks

As far as I know, after IBX you continue your normal service as usual. Like you said once it's in it is in there completely!

I have explained it to my clients as an on going health treatment for their nails. I have made sure not to tell them after one application they will be cured/perfect nails etc, but it helps to find out if they are willing to invest in their nails by giving it a go,

I believe gel polish clients use it every time/if willing. Obviously gel polish clients come back fortnightly or longer but it just gets reapplied then. It will always work whether it's applied weekly or longer as the product itself does it's job when it is in the nail. However the client wouldn't see fast consistent results if not using regularly. But that said, it doesn't mean they have to. The product is very affordable, you aren't going to lose hundreds if it's not that popular, although it most likely will be!

My prices are

£12 first application with shellac (price on top)
£7 for follow up appointments (shellac price on top)

(Not too much ontop that they would be really put off? Least I don't think so)

Worst case scenario you would get your costs back fairly quickly if it wasn't every client.

That's how I look at it anyhow :)

Latest posts

Back