IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry if this has been asked.....

I'm interesting in using IBX for my clients but dont really want to have to buy the special lamp, are there any alternatives that people use that work?

Thanks

I'm sorry if this has been asked.....

I'm interesting in using IBX for my clients but dont really want to have to buy the special lamp, are there any alternatives that people use that work?

Thanks

Some people use a hair dryer x

I have a normal desk lamp in white and have put a reptile bulb in it. It's the right wattage for both the job and the lamp it is in. It works perfectly.

I have a normal desk lamp in white and have put a reptile bulb in it. It's the right wattage for both the job and the lamp it is in. It works perfectly.

Ooh, interesting idea.

I bought a silver ikea angle lamp for about £8 and screwed in an infra red bulb. As is only used for a few minutes at a time, I've never had a problem!

I always ensure client comfort and insist it should never be hot.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought an infrared lamp but my desk lamp gives off just as much heat so I now use that instead. Saves faffing with the other one.

Hi geeks

I've been doing a IBX treatment on a client it's her 4th treatment.

She has weak nail, that have delamination. She's had it under CND Shellac & Vinylux and the last treatment just on natural nails.

How long before you notice nails becoming stronger and healthier?

I saw her at work last week and they were chipped and dry, she says she uses solar oil & gloves.

Hi geeks

I've been doing a IBX treatment on a client it's her 4th treatment.

She has weak nail, that have delamination. She's had it under CND Shellac & Vinylux and the last treatment just on natural nails.

How long before you notice nails becoming stronger and healthier?

I saw her at work last week and they were chipped and dry, she says she uses solar oil & gloves.

you should have started seeing results by now. Splitting and peeling is the hardest to get totally repaired---are you using Repair INTO the split and then IBX???

you should have started seeing results by now. Splitting and peeling is the hardest to get totally repaired---are you using Repair INTO the split and then IBX???

Yes I'm using both.

I had a client who had only two treatments and she's been a nail biter for years, and she came back to me saying her nails are worse after the treatment!

This one it's the 4th time n they ain't getting any stronger. Bit worried if I'm doing something wrong, and feel deflated because I've promoted it so much but not seeing results.

Yes I'm using both.

I had a client who had only two treatments and she's been a nail biter for years, and she came back to me saying her nails are worse after the treatment!

This one it's the 4th time n they ain't getting any stronger. Bit worried if I'm doing something wrong, and feel deflated because I've promoted it so much but not seeing results.

A nail biter is also one of the worst, obviously they need to pitch in and keep their fingers out of their mouth!!! if you send me you email I will send you some step by step instructions so that you can make sure you have the steps perfect. What are you using for your heat source? What lamp are you using to cure with?

What do you mean by 'into the split' ... Is there more to the repair than just painting it over the nail?

What do you mean by 'into the split' ... Is there more to the repair than just painting it over the nail?

When you are doing under gel polish you would apply Repair to the entire surface, as Repair will help eliminate the white spots we sometimes get from the removal process.
When doing strictly natural nail, we only use Repair when there is specific dame, like splitting, peeling and ridges. we apply Repair INTO the split, we do not file it off, we "wick" Repair in between the split layers to hold them together, then do IBX over top of it.

take a look at this video to see how we would use Repair for a plit or targeted damage. You can fast forward to the time 4:07 to see it, but are welcome to watch the whole video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDwonHkjo4

Let me know if I can answer any more questions after you watch this.

When you are doing under gel polish you would apply Repair to the entire surface, as Repair will help eliminate the white spots we sometimes get from the removal process.
When doing strictly natural nail, we only use Repair when there is specific dame, like splitting, peeling and ridges. we apply Repair INTO the split, we do not file it off, we "wick" Repair in between the split layers to hold them together, then do IBX over top of it.

take a look at this video to see how we would use Repair for a plit or targeted damage. You can fast forward to the time 4:07 to see it, but are welcome to watch the whole video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDwonHkjo4

Let me know if I can answer any more questions after you watch this.

Just so I can understand the difference why don't we put it over the whole nail if we aren't putting shellac on top? X

Just so I can understand the difference why don't we put it over the whole nail if we aren't putting shellac on top? X

The reason Repair was formulated was to be used in conjunction with gel polish, what Repair does under gel polish is Protects the nail from getting the micro-pits (white spots) that we get from soaking off the gel polish.

when doing strictly a natural nail application unless there is damage, split, ect. we do not need Repair, you would just be wasting it.

Hope this is making sense for you?

Can it be used under a UV lamp or just LED?

Can it be used under a UV lamp or just LED?

You can use either, you just need to cure IBX /Repair to the time the lamp you are using cures your gel polish color coat.

You can use either, you just need to cure IBX /Repair to the time the lamp you are using cures your gel polish color coat.

Thanks Linda :D

A nail biter is also one of the worst, obviously they need to pitch in and keep their fingers out of their mouth!!! if you send me you email I will send you some step by step instructions so that you can make sure you have the steps perfect. What are you using for your heat source? What lamp are you using to cure with?

Thanks for your reply Linda!

I use a heat source lamp as recommeded, and my CND lamp.

I use repair under IBX and I don't take off the access then cure.

I'll send you my email address.

My email address is [email protected]

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply Linda!

I use a heat source lamp as recommeded, and my CND lamp.

I use repair under IBX and I don't take off the access then cure.

I'll send you my email address.

I will send you the instruction----you never want to cure Repair/IBX on top of the nail! I am going to send you my own personal ones I work from. Please let me know this helps!!!

Latest posts

Back