Id like to add Weekend nails to my service list.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandstring

Reaction score
Hi all, Ive been looking into doing weekend nails as a service, maybe trying to do it as a walk in service on a fri or sat teatime.

I was just wondering which resin would you reccommend I use? Ive never used fibreglass system so unsure of the procedure. Would it be a case of prepping nail, applying tip, blending n then a few coats of this resin? will this leave a glossy finish or would I need to buff or apply something else?

How long should it take me to do a set of weekend nails?

and what prices do you all charge?

Thanks for any help. x

You would always need to buff to make smooth. If it were I, I would use my gel instead. One layer of gel using PopIts or two thin layers of gel by hand and smooth over. Using PopIts 30 minutes by hand maybe more.

There is NO strength at all in resin ... it isn't even cross linked technology! I wouldn't guarantee that a nail made with resin would last 5 minutes never mind a weekend out on the tiles!. Some would cope with it but definitely not all.

Hi all, Ive been looking into doing weekend nails as a service, maybe trying to do it as a walk in service on a fri or sat teatime.

I was just wondering which resin would you reccommend I use? Ive never used fibreglass system so unsure of the procedure. Would it be a case of prepping nail, applying tip, blending n then a few coats of this resin? will this leave a glossy finish or would I need to buff or apply something else?

How long should it take me to do a set of weekend nails?

and what prices do you all charge?

Thanks for any help. x

Weekend (or what we call party nails) can be done with just resin, based on my experience. I apply a tip, apply a layer of resin along the stress area, building that up a little, and then do two-three layers of resin, buff and polish if needed. If you do white tips, no polish is needed. Takes about 45 mins to an hour. This can last up to 2 weeks depending on what your client does. Would not be recommended doing long length as this puts too much strain on the stress area. It's great for parties, weddings, etc. And easy to soak off. I'm not sure what resin is available in your area. I use either Backscratcher's resin or Elegant Glass' resin gel. The resin gel seems to be a little stronger in my opinion.

Ok I use a buff off gel. If you have done weekend nails would you ask the client to rebook so that you can buff them off?

and if so how much would you charge for the initial service and then for buffing off ???? (I use Ezflow)

Thanks

I would take a great tip from Adele Kegan and INCLUDE the soak off charge in their full set price ... this way they will be encouraged to return for their soak off. If they don't .. bargain .. you have already been paid for it anyway. :green:
They must return within a 2 week period.

So set and removal all in one price and it also makes your service a little different from 'the rest'.

Ok I use a buff off gel. If you have done weekend nails would you ask the client to rebook so that you can buff them off?

and if so how much would you charge for the initial service and then for buffing off ???? (I use Ezflow)

Thanks

I use a buff off gel too...here are my thoughts on weekend nails that i wrote on another thread...HTH x

I just don't get this weekend nails thing...never have. By the time you have prepped, applied tips and blended you may as well have done a full set of enhancements....let alone apply gel/L&p/resin.

yet clients think they will cost far less cos they are "weekend nails"

If someone wants nails just for the weekend for a special occasion i use false nails..."stick ons"....i buy them...i size them...i apply them professionally and its all done in less than 30 mins. They are stronger than just a blended tip so i know they will last the weekend and everyones happy....I charge the price of the false nails and £10 for my time...which really is minimal.

If someone wants nails just for the weekend for a special occasion i use false nails..."stick ons"....i buy them...i size them...i apply them professionally and its all done in less than 30 mins. They are stronger than just a blended tip so i know they will last the weekend and everyones happy....I charge the price of the false nails and £10 for my time...which really is minimal.

Sorry to hijack, but could you recommend some false nails Bagpuss.....I'm not yet trained in enhancements, and wont be for several months.....so this would ideal for me to offer. Thank you Lou x

I have been thinking about offering these. How much do people charge in comparison to a full set of l&p. I charge £27 for l&p i just dont know what to charge for weekend nails. Also is it better to call them weekend nails or party nails?

Latest posts

Back