Ideas and help required!!! Please.. promotion night

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna'sdelights

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have recently gone mobile and before you all think not another thread about adverts it's not :) What it is is this, a friend of mine is having a shopping event at which she had a nail tech in place to have a table but they have just pulled out and she remembered I had just started out and asked if I wanted the table as she had already advertised it. I jumped at the opportunity as I have just had another appointment cancel on me today:(. But I am not sure what I should do with it?? I was thinking of doing hand massages as its quick and easy rather than getting polishes out. and maybe doing a raffle with a luxury Manicure as the prize giving me the opportunity to get names and numbers from people. What do you think any other ideas you can share with me would be greatly appreciated as its next thursday :eek: Thank you xx

oh PS. has any one else done this kind of event and how successful have they been for you. I am really excited about it but want to get it right as this is my biggest opportunity so far :)

oh PS. has any one else done this kind of event and how successful have they been for you. I am really excited about it but want to get it right as this is my biggest opportunity so far :)

Hi Donna

Do a "dry" manicure ie: bit of cuticle work, file and polish. Charge about £7.00 per person. Or maybe a hand massage (charge about £4.00 for 10 mins).

Maybe retail cuticle oil and hand cream.

Use the opportunity to han out business cards, leaflets etc. HTH:)

Hi Donna

Do a "dry" manicure ie: bit of cuticle work, file and polish. Charge about £7.00 per person. Or maybe a hand massage (charge about £4.00 for 10 mins).

Maybe retail cuticle oil and hand cream.

Use the opportunity to han out business cards, leaflets etc. HTH:)
Thanks Jules,
Funny you say about prices I was going to give free hand massages in the hope the bussiness I get from the night would make it worth while, but made your right...... any more ideas guys??
thanks for the advice :mad:)

You could also do up a prize pack (cuticle oil, hand lotion, scrub, file etc) and raffle it off. The names & numbers you collect from this could be used to advertise monthly specials etc.....

You could also do up a prize pack (cuticle oil, hand lotion, scrub, file etc) and raffle it off. The names & numbers you collect from this could be used to advertise monthly specials etc.....
Thanks for that I am going to do a raffle but put a manicure as the prize as it is less cost to me and gets someone sat infront of me so I could then go on to retail to her and possible get more customers from her, thought about a retail pack but figured they would have no reason to come back. thought of putting retail items in packages to advertise Xmas packages though. Thanks for the input It helps to bat ideas about :mad:) xx

Hi Donna why don`t you give out a special offer on the night any one who books with you there and then can get 20 % off a treatment ( I did this and offered a full set of p&w acrylic with 20 % off the price)

On booking you can then present them with a voucher which you need to put their name on and if they introduce a new client to you they get 15 % off their first infill (put their name on the card and date of appointment so you can ref it back the card should be returned to you for your records).

I found this a great way when starting out, hopefully you can build on this and look forward to a busy Christmas.

Lots of Luck :hug:

Hi Donna why don`t you give out a special offer on the night any one who books with you there and then can get 20 % off a treatment ( I did this and offered a full set of p&w acrylic with 20 % off the price)

On booking you can then present them with a voucher which you need to put their name on and if they introduce a new client to you they get 15 % off their first infill (put their name on the card and date of appointment so you can ref it back the card should be returned to you for your records).

I found this a great way when starting out, hopefully you can build on this and look forward to a busy Christmas.

Lots of Luck :hug:
Thanks Karen I like that Idea I have vista postcards to dish out on the night offering £3 off their first appointment so i could say instead when i give them out that if they book on the night they can have £4 off saving another £1. And I like the idea of introducing the refferal scheme at that point, I have a similar one put wouldnt have mentioned it on the night, but doing it your way I can get 2 bookings from each person on the night I would think this would lessen cancellations too (maybe). Thanks for the ideas :mad:)

xx

In my experience its either feast or famine and you just need someone to sit down to get the ball rolling. Having a raffle will get them keen tho make sure you get them to fill something out so you have their name & mobile number. I usually offer something complimentary - quick polish from a small selection. I dont charge as I want loads of people to visit me, I usually dont do so many file and polishes as I get talking and stand to hand out leaflets.

Whenever we have open evenings at the salon I work in, I offer to do 1 trial nail .....be it a nail extension or a coloured gel overlay! This has proved to be a huge success as most of the ladies are so impressed with the finished nail they then book in for a full set. However obviously you need to offer these services in the 1st place - sorry Donna not sure wether you carry out nail enhancements or just deal with natural nail treatments?

Also try and get hold of their email addresses, not just mobile no's so you can always email special offers when business is a little slow!

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Last edited:
Whenever we have open evenings at the salon I work in, I offer to do 1 trial nail .....be it a nail extension or a coloured gel overlay! This has proved to be a huge success as most of the ladies are so impressed with the finished nail they then book in for a full set. However obviously you need to offer these services in the 1st place - sorry Donna not sure wether you carry out nail enhancements or just deal with natural nail treatments?

Also try and get hold of their email addresses, not just mobile no's so you can always email special offers when business is a little slow!

Good luck and let us know how you get on
Thanks Caroline I do do enhancements but I'm not sure I could do trial nails on the night as there would only be me and it would take away from me being able to talk to others but I can certainly see why and how it works and if I can collar a helping hand I just might try it thanks :mad:)

Hi Guys

I have recently gone mobile and before you all think not another thread about adverts it's not :) What it is is this, a friend of mine is having a shopping event at which she had a nail tech in place to have a table but they have just pulled out and she remembered I had just started out and asked if I wanted the table as she had already advertised it. I jumped at the opportunity as I have just had another appointment cancel on me today:(. But I am not sure what I should do with it?? I was thinking of doing hand massages as its quick and easy rather than getting polishes out. and maybe doing a raffle with a luxury Manicure as the prize giving me the opportunity to get names and numbers from people. What do you think any other ideas you can share with me would be greatly appreciated as its next thursday :eek: Thank you xx

If I was you Donna I would set the Table up full of different promotions for what you do. I would use it to display a Portfolio of your work i.e. Pics, different styles and Techniques etc, etc. I would also get some flyers printed offering some discounts if you can. If not but you have some Business Cards, here's what we have done in the past: We have gone to our local Stationers and got a Stamp made up offering money off or a discount off. Then we simply stamp it on a load of Business Cards and simply give them out, you'll be surprised how many people take it up esppecially has it contains all your details. You could also get some vouchers made up offering money off within a certain timescale, say the next month October. Bsaically sell yourself and try and attract as many new clients as you can. I wouldn't do anything with the table thats too time consuming, keep it simple but to your advantage.

Steve

Hi

I do quite a lot of Pamper Nights but usually tie it in with a charity. Lots of people will be attracted to your table if you are doing it for charity. I have done mini manicures, hand massage, mini makeovers etc. It's great if you can get an official collection box for the money - do you have a local children's hospice or cancer care home or something? I have done events for the Deaf Children's Society, the Donna Louise Trust and Clic Sargeant children with Cancer charity and raised quite a bit of money for them and a fair few clients for me :) The most popular treatment for me is always the mini manicures and because of the charity angle you will find that even the nailbiters will get their hands out for you. Once they're sitting in front of you you can get a good conversation going. See if you can find someone to go with you - even if it's only to explain what you're doing and give out leaflets etc.

I think you're right about giving a treatment as the raffle prize and maybe even give one for a set of enhancements. Although it seems a lot to give away, you could get many referrals and months of infill appointments from it. Everyone shows their friends when they got something as a special prize.

Cheers, and good luck

Hazel

Hi

I do quite a lot of Pamper Nights but usually tie it in with a charity. Lots of people will be attracted to your table if you are doing it for charity. I have done mini manicures, hand massage, mini makeovers etc. It's great if you can get an official collection box for the money - do you have a local children's hospice or cancer care home or something? I have done events for the Deaf Children's Society, the Donna Louise Trust and Clic Sargeant children with Cancer charity and raised quite a bit of money for them and a fair few clients for me :) The most popular treatment for me is always the mini manicures and because of the charity angle you will find that even the nailbiters will get their hands out for you. Once they're sitting in front of you you can get a good conversation going. See if you can find someone to go with you - even if it's only to explain what you're doing and give out leaflets etc.

I think you're right about giving a treatment as the raffle prize and maybe even give one for a set of enhancements. Although it seems a lot to give away, you could get many referrals and months of infill appointments from it. Everyone shows their friends when they got something as a special prize.

Cheers, and good luck

Hazel

Thanks Hazel, I was thinking of offering to do the treatments for a donation which would go to breast cancer research as it will be october and breast cancer awearness month. I think your right with offering enhancements as the prize as your right people are mor likely to comment on them and the owner of the set more likely to boast about them thanks :mad:)

think your right with keeping things simple steve I have got cards to give out with money off on them and deadline of oct 31st so thanks for that :mad:)

Ok so the promo night is tonight I think I have everything set. so here's the plan.
  • I have stocking fillers cutile oil mini file mini cnd lotion £4.95 wrapped in lovely pink cellophane
  • A pic board of recent extentions
  • A sample board of nail art
  • postcard flyers offering £3 off treatments until 31st Oct
  • Business cards with blank backs for the raffle Name No. and email address to collect
  • Sign advertising hand massages £4 and shape and paints £7 money going to breast cancer awareness
  • And a sign advertising gift certs available and book an apointment on the night with in 4 weeks get £4 off
Hope that cover everything and that I remember to take everything and promote everything lol fingers crossed:Grope:

sounds like you've got it all covered x good luck hope all goes well xxxx:hug:

Hi I wont offer any advise as they seem to be loads already... Good luck with the night and future appointments.. xxx

Hi guys

Thanks for all your help and ideas. I went last night set up my table and had someone immediately sit down for a hand massage and I didnt stop 2 hrs solid didnt get a chance to veiw the other tables. did 3 hand massages 2 paint and shapes and 1 express manicure. I made £26 for breast cancer and 19.95 on the manicure and stocking fillers. I had 4 appointments book 3 next monday (1 being acrylic toes that i have not done before thanks for the advice there bev) and 1 today (unfortunately she cancelled this morning but said she would rebook??) got about 10 numbers in the raffle and I had quite a few say they wanted acrylics or appointments so fingers crossed they will call too they all took cards offering £3 off until 31st Oct so hopefully the month will be busy :mad:)... so thanks again guys :hug::green:

Brilliant!
Now run with that information dont wait for them to call you send them a card saying Thanks for supporting the event and keep your name on their minds. Well done I hope the phone rings off the hook with bookings!

Latest posts

Back