Im Frustrated With My Times

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
i've just done a rebalance on some gel nno and it took me 2hrs still :cry:.i thought it would only take me about an hour.im not that quick at doing any treatments really as i only work from home part time.
i know it takes a while to get your timings down but i cant believe it took me that long.it doesnt even feel like ages whilst im doing them its only when i look to see what the time is after i've finished that i realise how long its taken me.i just wish i was quicker as some people are put off by this because they can go somewhere else and get them done in half the time. but i suppose the main thing is the nails came out really good and my client was pleased with them.
im just feeling quite frustrated :grr:

It takes time and practice to get times down. I work with acrylic so im unsure about gel times.
It takes me about 1 1/2 hours for a full set with extensions and it used to take me ages, so the time will come down eventually.
You said the nails looked great and the client was happy so try not tobe so hard on yourself.
Over time you will suddendly realise its only taken you 1 hour.
Enjoy your work and the results it gives, time is NOT everything.
xx

I ain't the fastest worker but unless i was loosing clients because of it (which i ain't) then i don't stress about it.

I have some clients i can do in no time and others that seem to take forever...so i know i am capable of working faster...sometimes i think the longer you have the longer you take. If i worked to a tighter time scale i would work faster.

gels take me 1.5 hrs to do full set or infills.... but only an hour of acrylics... however when i started my last job it used to take me 1.5 hrs... it took 6 mths of full on every day client after client day in day out to get it down to an hour.... so if your only doing part time then it will naturally take a bit longer... hang in there hun... you will get there jsut as long as you are concentraiting on technique that is all that matters time will follow in good time... :D

listen ive been doing gels for 3 years now and it still takes me a good 2 hours sometimes longer!!:irked: i dont worry about it anymore i go as quickly as i can without compromising my performance so if thats how long its gonna take me then so be it!!xxx:hug:

perhaps analysing your timing would help.
work out which part of the process is taking you the longest.

are you having to file off a lot of lifting ? this will relate to your application and prep. a realy thorough prep will help enormously to prevent lifting. and always make sure there is no no gel near the skin.

do your whites take you ages ? practice on some tips over and over again to perfect your smile lines.

are you taking ages to file smooth at the end? try to work on getting the application smoother, check it for good shape from all angles before you cure it in the lamp.

are you getting cracking and breaking? you probably need to build the stress area more to give extra strength.

have a good think about what is slowing you down and try to work on your problem areas. think about what timing you would like to acheive, for instance to come down to 1 1/2 hours try to get it to 30 mins file/prep, 30 mins application and 30 mins finishing.

having said all that, i dont think 2 hours is very slow so dont be too deflated:hug:

I took 2 hours for a long time for a French rebalance.

Now I'm down to 1hr10-1hr30 depending on who it is (after 5 years). I allow 15-30 minutes between clients anyway so if I over-run it's still ok and I'm not stressing cos the next one's due any second lol.

As you say, the main thing IS the finished result, that is what they walk off with on the ends of their fingers and examine closely at their leisure so I wouldn't worry too much. :hug:

I took 4 hours to do a re-balance, im down to 2and a half hours now. Its not easy, but as everyone says, as long as the result is good, should it matter if you took your time, then rushed them and the resut not be as good. :)

Sarah xxxx

I'm really bad with my timing as well and as long as you do a good set it shouldn't matter, unless you work in a busy salon were they expect salon timing.
It will show if you cut corners and let the little things slip.
It's been said your only as good as your last set so...Practice, practice, practice, I suppose it just comes to you...Well I'm hoping! ha ha:lol:

thanks for all your replies.:hug:
i wish i new why it takes me so long as this client had virtually no lifting at all.i remember thinking about this as i thought it wouldnt take me as long because they still looked good to start with,but they did.i suppose it took so long just because it was a rebalance rather than just an infill so if i didnt have to re do the whites then replace the apex etc.. then i definately would have done them quicker.
i just feel i have to apologise to my clients all the time because its taken me ages as i always think that there thinking they could off have them done quicker somewhere else.i always think that this will put them off.
as youve probably guessed im abit of a worrier,lol.xx

Are you chatting???

I chat a lot, therefore it takes me longer.......:green:

x

I think as long as the nails look good in the end they're worth it! it's best that you do a good job, than rush and end up with something you're not happy with!

Don't worry too much about it hun. I was still taking about 2 hours to do my sets as I don't really do them enough but after this last week and doing loads for the prom and now got a regular mate coming after work for them doing I am getting my times down.

Hiya ! Im the same sometimes im quick others take ages and yes im a talker !!!! i think as long as your client is happy then you should not worry too much we are giving our clients a beauty treatment so it should be relaxing and enjoyable :)
Keep up the good work and they will keep coming back xx

i've just done a rebalance on some gel nno and it took me 2hrs still :cry:.i thought it would only take me about an hour.im not that quick at doing any treatments really as i only work from home part time.
i know it takes a while to get your timings down but i cant believe it took me that long.it doesnt even feel like ages whilst im doing them its only when i look to see what the time is after i've finished that i realise how long its taken me.i just wish i was quicker as some people are put off by this because they can go somewhere else and get them done in half the time. but i suppose the main thing is the nails came out really good and my client was pleased with them.
im just feeling quite frustrated :grr:

The nails I did today took me 4,5 hours (first picture in profile album) :o :lol: It did not feel like 4,5 hours, but when looking at the time afterwards.. :eek: But she keeps coming back to me and says that she doesn't mind me being slower than others, because she thinks that my nails look better and last longer than other nails she's had before. She has been with me for about a year now :hug: (and I was even slower a year ago :lol: )

If you have clients who want a really quick service then get cracking with PopIts for them.

Learn how to use them and then offer them for those who do not want to spend 2 hours in front of you and instead go down the road to the local Discount salon.

I've go my PopIt full sets down to 30 minutes bang on. How can anyone afford to ignore such a brilliant quick service for those who want it. And if you don't think they want it ... ha ha just ask them how they would like a 30 minute full set that looks gorgeous and no boring buffing!! You will soon find out they want it.

Hi,
I can take anything from 1½ to 2½ hours, 1. it depends on the state of their nails, nail biters take so much prep time, or 2. I talk far too much. But it is because I love what I am doing and just chat chat away.
I know this is so as I can do a full set on myself, tips and acrylic overlay in 45 mins including some diamonte designs.
So stop beating yourself up, we are all different, as long as your client is happy then don't worry.
One of mine was on anti depressants, but came off them said I cheered her up so much that she didn't need them anymore, and that I was so funny with the tales I tell. I had to re spray her face on a spray tanning session as she laughed so much she cried......... I can't think why...it's just the way my life is.....although the funniest things do seem to happen!!!!
Keep going you will get faster or just more entertainment for your clients.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Latest posts

Back