in training and struggling with everything

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suki1066

Reaction score
hello and first id like to say what a great site, full of information, i stummbled on this quiet by chance.
Well.... i am practicing at home and i am finding so may aspects difficult, french manicures!!! i cannot do a smile line i can do a wobble/straight but not a curve. i have some plastic hands which i attatch tips to and paint, which isnt as bad as when i try to do my own, i get enamel on my fingers:irked:, i do understand that it is practise, i just seen to be going uphill. I stuggle with smile lines on both gel and l&p too. any advise would be so wellcome, and books or mags that i would benifit from? many thanks, i dont want to ask too much at once thank you suki

Hiya ... welcome to the site...

who are you training with ...?

Geeg's book nailclass is fantastic....

hello and welcome hunny , you have come to the right place :green:

have a look at this tutorial
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/2734-million-dollar-smiles.html

its fab ...xxxxx
dont be afraid to ask questions, ask loads we dont mind :lol:
also at the top there is a search function, just type in what you ned to know , such as .....smile line ..
and you will get loads of threads where the topic has been discussed, oyu'll get loads of tips from them ,
be be warned, get a cushion for the chair you are sitting on , because you wont be moving for some time now :green:

hi suki welcome to the site hun
what ever questions you have ask away, we all do.
when your still training and getting to grips it does seem like a struggle but you will get there...have a good read of all the old threads on here, the tutorials etc we are here to help :hug:

Just an idea but what about doing your smile lines on all your friend / family's big toes first? Its a much bigger area so may help with your confidence, once mastered you will be more confident to cover smaller area's, worth a try surely? Best of luck :hug:

hey suki,

I still cheat cotton wool bud and some nail varnish remover naughty me lol x
Oh was never taught how to paint I taught my self lol

Hiya ... welcome to the site...

who are you training with ...?

Geeg's book nailclass is fantastic....

Is there anywhere i can purchase this as im need advice on nails,and im too shy to ask on here as i think people will think im such an idiot...:eek::green:

Is there anywhere i can purchase this as im need advice on nails,and im too shy to ask on here as i think people will think im such an idiot...:eek::green:

]Here you go lovely - try this link.:hug:

<b>Books</b>

hey suki and welcome to the site

don't feel down the more you practice the better you will get, just be patient and don't be so hard on yourself

my advice would be get yourself a nail trainer hand and i love the encyclopedia of nails book

thank you all for your replies, i will get some reading books. I trained at Sallys with Salon Systems. I did some l&p last night on my own hand, OMG awfull!!!!!! far far too thick i removed immediatly, this is a problem i have, some turn out ok ish (lol) some not, i dont have alot of ppl to practise on, ( any tips on finding volentires would be usefull) im affraid most of the time time that my work is going to be poor, so i get stressed out and inveriabley my work is poor!!!! I am good at manicures though :hug: my regulars a) keep coming back and b) say how lovley thire hands feel after ive got my mitts on them, and i really enjoy doing it, i will do a ped course once ive mastered the extention systems:irked:

thank you all for your replies, i will get some reading books. I trained at Sallys with Salon Systems. I did some l&p last night on my own hand, OMG awfull!!!!!! far far too thick i removed immediatly, this is a problem i have, some turn out ok ish (lol) some not, i dont have alot of ppl to practise on, ( any tips on finding volentires would be usefull) im affraid most of the time time that my work is going to be poor, so i get stressed out and inveriabley my work is poor!!!! I am good at manicures though :hug: my regulars a) keep coming back and b) say how lovley thire hands feel after ive got my mitts on them, and i really enjoy doing it, i will do a ped course once ive mastered the extention systems:irked:

Dont get disheartened and stick at it! You will get there!

I take it your training was a short course of one or 2 days. I suggest that you get some one to one training with your supplier/trainer as these short course are just not enough to perfect your skills. If you cant get this from your supplier/trainer then I suggest that you take your business from them and go elsewhere. There are providers out there that will give you the service that you want to improve your skills.

Hi hun,
Geeg's book is fantastic, lots of hints and tips. i also like the encyclopedia of nails. I have read both from cover to cover and refer back if something baffles me.
Maybe contact your trainer and see if they can give you some one to one training.
Good luck hun

yes the course was for 5 days, a day on manicure, gel, silk,l&p and infills, i have just orderd Geegs book, and i have just had some interesting feed back after reading someone elses thread posted on smile lines and the use of white tips, which i shall have a go at, so thanks i feel a bit better after you help and a brows about xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi hunny i was in the same boat as you a few months ago like the others have said practice practice practice and you will see a difference . a hand trainer form creative is good for this as they dont complain or damage their nail beds lol
heres what i did . i wrote a list of all i was not sure of or couldnt do smile line ectthen I found out the correct way to do it <mostly through this site .> then i pratisedike mad for a week or so until i had got it right . then when you start to put it all together you will see a difference . Gigi nail class is great as is this site do a few searches see what you come up with .
The 1 21 classes are great as they can fine tune anything you are not sure of
good luck Hun dint give up you will get there hth :green:

Latest posts

Back