Inflight Beauty Therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail-Nut

Reaction score
Hi everyone:)

I am seriously thinking about applying for a job as an inflight beauty therapist, with virgin atlantic.
I have sent away for all relevant info, (just waiting for it to arrive) so i was wondering if anyone works as an inflight beauty therapist, or knows of anyone who does??
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

I didnt even know this was a job, it sounds awsome I would love to hear more about it. How would I go about sending away for all the info?

Nail-Nut said:

I am seriously thinking about applying for a job as an inflight beauty therapist, with virgin atlantic.
I have sent away for all relevant info, (just waiting for it to arrive) so i was wondering if anyone works as an inflight beauty therapist, or knows of anyone who does??
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

hi
I was an air hostess with Virgin for five years and it is a brilliant job. the in-flight beauty therapists only work in upper class (even better) and they are a lovely bunch of girls. it is a great way to see the world so go for it!

That sounds like a fab job - see the world at someone elses expense, plus presumably if you are only working in First Class there is a good chance you will meet a few celebs!!

Good luck. Go for it if you get the opportunity.

I dint even know there was inflight beauty therapists! Anyway it sounds a great job, and if i lived nearer to london and didnt have any comittments (ie children etc!) then its something that i would have liked to have gone for.

when i left college i looked into this as well.... i was a few yrs ago mind and you had to have your level 3nvq in beauty i think

ive got loads of virgin crew as clients and it seems like they have a good job alto not getting weekends off and stuff .... mite be seen to be a draw back....
virgin are a good company to work for my sis and one of my b/mates works for them in the office too

id go for it if your interested and please keep us updated

Jess
xox

You know this was never an option when i was leaving school 15 years ago. The options are absolutely endless these days (god i sound about 90!)

YOu know what i mean. YOu can just hear the careers adviser now.......................

wow..sounds so glam
go for it
if i was 10 years younger :green:

i too didnt no there was such a job, i bet its fab, what an experiance.

Looked it up on the Virgin website - they also do on-ground :) jobs in the first class lounge at Heathrow, which would be fab for me as I hate flying, and it had a £19k a year + benefits wage.
Unfortunately you need a full beauty therapy qualification to NVQ level 3 or equivalent, and a year's salon experience, so no chance just for us nail bods, but bet it would be a fab opportunity.

hi i also would like any info on inflight beauty therapists as im thinking about it more and more is it a good company ?is the money good ?whats the pluses and minuses any info would be gladly recieved.

I know it is lots of massage as rules and regs mean manicure impliments can't be taken on the plane.

I couldnt be doing with massages all flight...would be exhausting!!!

i really wanted to do this job i applied and everything got an interview, then someone i knew did it and said she found she was massaging arrogant crusty old mens feet all the time!! :eek: they had way to much money she left shorty after lol
but i would defo like to do it for the travelling side of it think of all the places you would visit.

my friend does this job for Virgin. Great perks such as seeing the world and mixing with the stars. She said they all tend to suffer badly with back ache as you are giving indian head and fully clothed back massage on people sat up and you are in a stance to steady yourself on the flight, therefore putting more pressure on your back than normal (as floors dont tend to move in salons!). She has done manicures on Simon Le Bon, Macy Gray, Desmond Tutu's missus, Sharon Osborne and Pamela Anderson. She said Macy has hands like shovels! Sounds a great job, but it IS hard work!:lol:

Ah now that is exactly what I thought - crusty old men getting a massage from a pretty girl...not my idea of beauty therapy at all.

As much as I would love it for the travel - it is far from glamourous - I think.

The pay isnt worth the stress on your body either.

I also know someone who works on Virgin airlines and boy is it hard work,they have to take tests constantly on the health and safety aspect of flying and getting passengers/clients out in the event of an accident,it's the same as the cabin crews tests.She said it's extremely gruelling but she loves the work,treatments are very short and ltd,I think only 4 treatments that are actually carried out.

The pay's not good and you're not really supposed to accept tips either,although I know she does if the client insists.Well...who wouldn't?lol

I would definately go for it if I were younger and without the kids,what a fantastic oportunity and doing something I love as well.I can dream:green:

Hi there Im doing research on Inflight Beauty Therapist and would really like to hear from people who have done it and would like to know how many hours of work they do? thanks :green:

I have a client who works for virgin and she told me recently that Virgin are no longer doing this service, and they have all been made redundant! not sure if any other airlines do this, but I dont think so.

just wondering if anyone can help me. would like to know how to get in to inflight beauty therapy on virgin planes. I have looked at the virgin website but can not find anything on it that can help me. i have a BTEC level 3 qualification and am desperate to know how i can become this.
If anyone knows any information please reply to me.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back