Ingrown hairs!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
The bain of my life ingrown hairs in my bikini line!
Apart from being a nail tech I also do glamour modelling so if doing artistic nude needs to be spot free ideally. I've tried loations to bring them out but how am I getting them in the 1st place, and is there anyway to stop them? I've been getting waxed since I was 15 but only had the ingrown hairs for the last few years (25 now) help !! lol

ingrown hairs occur when the skin grows over the hair follicle, thus preventing the hair from breaking out. So it carrys on growing inside the follicle, curling round and round until you get rid of it. Some will become infected, others will not.

You can help prevent it by exfoliating, i quite like salon systems ingrown hair terminator, another good one is tend skin.

Have you changed waxers? because it can be down to their technique aswll.

HTHs

I always exfoliate, I do understand how the hair gets ingrown but don't understand why it keep happening! Never had any infected as I alway get them but makes a mess! same girl has waxed me since I was 18-19, one of my friends who is fully trained.

could it be an age factor ?
our skin changes as we get older doesn't it ,
the older we get the harder we have to work,
it could be to do with that mabey ,
or diet , i would imagine the more water you drink ect..will keep your skin from drying out ,making it smoother ,
have you changed your diet ?

i havent got a clue , im just wondering myself ?

I also occasionally suffer from ingrown hairs....untill i brush them away anyway.
I find the absolute best way to get rid is by dry body brushing, you can buy a good body brush from lots of places, mine is from Elemis. I start a few days after i've been waxed, working against the hair growth by basically brushing the skin in a sweeping motion about 10 strokes (only takes one min). Do it every day before a shower, it really does work but its got to be every day. I recommend this to all my waxing clients and they all now too have silky non ingrowing haired bikini lines! x

:)

thanks lou,

I'll get a brush and give it a bash lol

and ems yeah I drink lots of water, no chage in diet always been poor lol

, i have had a poor diet all my life ...so why dont i look like a glamour model :irked:
some people have all the luck ! lol:green:

Make up and hair dye chick! i'll send you a pic with no make up on no showing the kids at halloween to scare them mind hee hee:lol:

, i have had a poor diet all my life ...so why dont i look like a glamour model :irked:
some people have all the luck ! lol:green:

Have you tried a chemical exfoliator? Is your hair really coarse, or really curly?

well i got this stuff from ebay got a chemical sign thin on it level 3, so I'm guessing, but even that is'nt doing the trick only gets some of them, I suppose it is quite coarse but not curly

Have you tried a chemical exfoliator? Is your hair really coarse, or really curly?

ditto, i use to model and dreaded any underwear work. i found that light body brushing daily, and moisturising did the trick.. i dont get any now, but i dont wax as much off anymore:lol: i did try no bump lotions and potions, but never found one that really worked..:)

can i just ask what you mean by body brushing , plus my skin feels very lumpy at the top of my thighs is there any thing i can do to have smoother skin sorry for jumping in your thread

Hi i have used Tend Skin it is fantastic use it every day and night. type it into google and it'll come up.

I also occasionally suffer from ingrown hairs....untill i brush them away anyway.
I find the absolute best way to get rid is by dry body brushing, you can buy a good body brush from lots of places, mine is from Elemis. I start a few days after i've been waxed, working against the hair growth by basically brushing the skin in a sweeping motion about 10 strokes (only takes one min). Do it every day before a shower, it really does work but its got to be every day. I recommend this to all my waxing clients and they all now too have silky non ingrowing haired bikini lines! x

:)
Does anyone know where I can get one of these body brushes from in Australia?

Bodyshop do good ones , i dont know if you have bodyshop over there though xxx

Bodyshop do good ones , i dont know if you have bodyshop over there though xxx
Yeah we do have The Body Shop here ( Not close by though ).I am heading back to Sydney in May so i'll have to have a look then.Thanks for the info.

well i got this stuff from ebay got a chemical sign thin on it level 3, so I'm guessing, but even that is'nt doing the trick only gets some of them, I suppose it is quite coarse but not curly

What is the brand name ?

I'm not sure what the name was skin doctor or something got it off ebay.

Hi Toni Ebay ebay ebay lol thats where i'm getting mine I'm ebay daft lol

SKin Doctors make 'ingrow-go'

never been too impressed with it myself.

x

Thats the one Kate!
thought it was just my stubborn hair lol worked really well the 1st time I used it but not up to much after that
SKin Doctors make 'ingrow-go'

never been too impressed with it myself.

x

Latest posts

Back