INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my experiences with xlac are very mixed, i have had 3-4 days out of it and i have had 2 weeks out of it, i wouldn´t use it on a client that was looking for a 2-3 week manicure, its nice to use once you get the hang of it but for me unless a client is in a major hurry its ilac ilac and ilac

I have decided to try it as I do with everything and I opened an account last night and placed an order. I received an email at 11.30 pm asking for my qualifications. That's service!!

Excited to give it a go!

I done my order yesterday afternoon and by 7pm I had a text and email to say it would arrive today!!

I opened an account on Monday after reading this thread, loaded my cart with goodies, but haven't placed the order...yet. I have no clients yet, 60 odd bottles of gelish and vinylux, so I'm going to impatiently wait and see how more of you get on with their products before taking the plunge. So I'm hoping to see lots of photos ;) and comments re durability. I'm excited to try it though. There's not a huge colour range, but what they do have is very much on trend. As Willowrose says, there will always be other promo's, I think I can wait :D

Well I hope to try it on my own nails tonight if I get chance. Can't wait to give it a go.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401270512.367388.jpg

These are mine done in a rush this weekend. Used I-8, I-4 and I-54 plus some holographic glitter. I really wanted to do some Kath Kidson style flowers, but didn't have the right pink, and ran out of time to have a play! Lol

Cute! The pink is lovely :)

Can anyone recommend a good, pro UV light that they use with this? I've had so many problems with my CND lamp :|

Any lamps to recommend please?

I placed an order last night & it's due to be delivered tomorrow, great service!

I've ordered iLac and I'm curious about xLac, if there's no tacky layer & no need for a top coat how would you do rockstar nails or use mica or similar? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it is a genuine one!

Thanks x

Got my package today and within 20 mins of opening the parcel. I had my pinkies done.
- amazing colour
- great coverage
- great texture just like polish
- lotions smell better than normal
- great packaging
- great shine

Order was incomplete but had a text telling me another parcel is on it's way.

So far I'm sold. If it removes as they say it does then I won't even look back at my old system.

Got my package today and within 20 mins of opening the parcel. I had my pinkies done.
- amazing colour
- great coverage
- great texture just like polish
- lotions smell better than normal
- great packaging
- great shine

Order was incomplete but had a text telling me another parcel is on it's way.

So far I'm sold. If it removes as they say it does then I won't even look back at my old system.

I'm really hoping for an easy removal, I find shellac hard to remove so I hope it's as easy as opi gelcolor :)

It is as good as it says for removal it just flakes off :) so for so good xx

I've ordered iLac and I'm curious about xLac, if there's no tacky layer & no need for a top coat how would you do rockstar nails or use mica or similar? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it is a genuine one!

I've tried the xLac and there definitely is no tacky layer so I don't think it will be possible to use micas or glitters with it unless you part cure, then add glitter/mica then finish the cure. The only thing with doing it that way is you won't have a top coat to seal in the glitter or mica unless you use the iLac top coat over it.

If you want to use micas and glitters, I suggest you use the iLac system - I have used both glitters and micas with mine and they look fab and last really well.

If it removes as they say it does then I won't even look back at my old system

Removal is soooooo easy - no buffing - simply wrap, wait 7 or 8 minutes, remove wrap and most of it has flaked off. Remove remainder with an orange stick. I always wipe the nails with a clean lint free pad soaked in remover just to remove any last traces of base coat.

I ordered my kit this afternoon, I didn't realise exactly how hard it would be to pick 12 colours.
I can see more being added very soon......

I've tried the xLac and there definitely is no tacky layer so I don't think it will be possible to use micas or glitters with it unless you part cure, then add glitter/mica then finish the cure. The only thing with doing it that way is you won't have a top coat to seal in the glitter or mica unless you use the iLac top coat over it.

If you want to use micas and glitters, I suggest you use the iLac system - I have used both glitters and micas with mine and they look fab and last really well.

Removal is soooooo easy - no buffing - simply wrap, wait 7 or 8 minutes, remove wrap and most of it has flaked off. Remove remainder with an orange stick. I always wipe the nails with a clean lint free pad soaked in remover just to remove any last traces of base coat.

How long is iLac lasting in your experience Sarah?

I've got a client who had hers on 3 weeks over acrylic with nothing wrong except re-growth. (She had been on holiday to Portugal too for 2 weeks over that time)

I got almost 3 weeks out of Rockstar fingers last time round using iLac but again over acrylic, so will no doubt last that bit longer anyway.

I've got a client who had hers on 3 weeks over acrylic with nothing wrong except re-growth. (She had been on holiday to Portugal too for 2 weeks over that time)

I got almost 3 weeks out of Rockstar fingers last time round using iLac but again over acrylic, so will no doubt last that bit longer anyway.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401350987.134974.jpg

Did Rockstar toes, with crystals on big toes and this is still in perfect condition nearly 4 weeks later!

I'm finding it lasts really, really well. So far, I have not had one single chip or any peeling. My thumb nail split at the side wall the other week, but it only split as far as the iLac and no further, and it stayed that way until I removed the iLac several days later. In my opinion, it has great staying power, no chips and is so easy to remove.

The only colour I had a problem with is the black one - it wrinkled slightly but I think it was because I put it on a bit too thick. I think the black will need 3 very thin coats to avoid wrinkling.

I've only used the xLac once and I was really impressed with it - lasted well over a week with no chips or peeling (I only removed it because I was getting bored with the colour lol)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I will stick with iLac!

Ony just seen this thread - so many pages to plough through though!!

So . . . is it for natural nails like Shellac etc? Do you need a base and top? Does it last about the same as Shellac (but easier to remove from bits i have read)

Just to save me a week and a halfs reading lol

thank you xx

Back