INK nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, meant to say I also really like iLAC, I think it's fab and the soak off is a total dream (even easier than Shellac).

The only thing I really DON'T like is their LED lamp - it just doesn't cure properly on my nails and certainly isn't a 5 finger cure like they claim - I cured my hand, and half the thumb nail just wiped straight off after it was allegedly cured!

So I use my CND lamp instead, which works brilliantly, albeit it takes a bit longer!

Helbels great to hear you like this product how long roughly does it last on your nails please?

Any chance of more photos of this polish please??

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya

I change my nails every 2 weeks, whether I have iLac on or Shellac. I find the iLac lasts just as well, provided I UV cure and don't use their recommended UV lamp (other UV lamps may cure it just fine).

The main differences I've noticed between the two are:

1) iLac is easier to remove
2) iLac is a bit "rubberier" in feel when on the nail than Shellac (it reminds me a little of Biosculpture). I haven't had any lifting issues, but suspect that it may be more prone to lift than Shellac if it was touching the cuticles.
3) I think Shellac is a bit easier to apply. I think this is a combination of the brush shape and consistency. iLac seems a bit more prone to flooding the cuticles.

I have to say, the shine from iLAC's top coat is just as good, if not better than Shellac imo. They have a gorgeous vibrant purple that looks AMAZING with the iLac top coat. I've also played with iLAC and CND additives and that seemed to work ok as well. I do wish iLAC did a nice transparent pink for French as I don't really like the pink they recommend, it's too opaque for my taste.

I've also tried CND shellac VIP Silver Status over iLac colour and then used iLac top coat over the top and that seemed to work ok as well (NB: Before anyone says anything, I'd not do this on a client, I just tried it on my own nails out of curiosity).

If you are in doubt, the iLAC's such a good price that you can easily get a few colours just to try initially - that's what I did, and now I have about 30 of them!! :)) I still really like Shellac too, but I think iLAC's a nice way to bump up your colour range fairly cheaply :D

Oh, one other thing - I have IBX on my nails too and iLAC seems to work fine in conjunction with it.

Last edited:
Oh dear, is anyone else having problems with their lamp not curing as I was going to buy this as a package? Just a bit concerned now!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

The lamp is great for a 30 second cure just be sure that the hand is placed flat as the lights are above. Depending on how rushed i am i will do the 2 thumbs then the 4 fingers. Again when possible i use a uv lamp maybe its just me but i always think uv gives better results.

I didn't mean to imply the lamp doesn't cure at all, it's just really no good on the thumbs, you would definitely need to do them separately, which is a bit crap when they claim it's 5 finger cure.

I have also had very minor wrinkling on a couple of other nails on occasion under LED, which I never get with UV.

Overall, I agree with Maddienails above, personally I prefer the UV cure, at least I can fully trust it.

This may just be down to me and my inexperience with UV lamps - you may have no problems at all! The good thing is that again, the lamp is cheap (if you buy their starter package it's a total bargain), so if, like me, you decide you don't like it, you haven't wasted a fortune.

Thanks helbels. I'll give it a go then and as you say i'll try curing the thumbs separately. I've got the UV to fall back on:) thanks for your advice everyone.

I've not had a problem as yet with the lamp I'm really liking it I'm wanting more colours now xx

Hiya

I change my nails every 2 weeks, whether I have iLac on or Shellac. I find the iLac lasts just as well, provided I UV cure and don't use their recommended UV lamp (other UV lamps may cure it just fine).

The main differences I've noticed between the two are:

1) iLac is easier to remove
2) iLac is a bit "rubberier" in feel when on the nail than Shellac (it reminds me a little of Biosculpture). I haven't had any lifting issues, but suspect that it may be more prone to lift than Shellac if it was touching the cuticles.
3) I think Shellac is a bit easier to apply. I think this is a combination of the brush shape and consistency. iLac seems a bit more prone to flooding the cuticles.

I have to say, the shine from iLAC's top coat is just as good, if not better than Shellac imo. They have a gorgeous vibrant purple that looks AMAZING with the iLac top coat. I've also played with iLAC and CND additives and that seemed to work ok as well. I do wish iLAC did a nice transparent pink for French as I don't really like the pink they recommend, it's too opaque for my taste.

I've also tried CND shellac VIP Silver Status over iLac colour and then used iLac top coat over the top and that seemed to work ok as well (NB: Before anyone says anything, I'd not do this on a client, I just tried it on my own nails out of curiosity).

If you are in doubt, the iLAC's such a good price that you can easily get a few colours just to try initially - that's what I did, and now I have about 30 of them!! :)) I still really like Shellac too, but I think iLAC's a nice way to bump up your colour range fairly cheaply :D

Oh, one other thing - I have IBX on my nails too and iLAC seems to work fine in conjunction with it.

Hi what is the purple colour called ? They do seem to have some really nice colours x

Oh dear, is anyone else having problems with their lamp not curing as I was going to buy this as a package? Just a bit concerned now!!

I've used mine loads and never had a problem with thumbs not curing, although I do ask clients to try to keep their thumbs level. X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400972965.517378.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400972993.134992.jpg

These are few I've got, although few more (12 :D ) to add to it tomorrow :)

Does it cure ok with Harmony 18g? x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has anyone experiences with their xLac All-in-One Gel Polish?

Unfortunately there are only 13 colours available.

I got one bottle of xLac by mistake in with my order. I tried it on a colour pop cured under LED and it was great - looked lovely. Tried it on my own nails under LED and it didn't seem to cure properly, so I took it all off again. Haven't tried it on my nails since, but if I did, I'd cure it under UV next time. I think I am LED challenged ! :lick::sad:

Does anyone have swatches of i-6 and i-9 so I can compare them please? X

I received a free bottle of xlac with my second order but have only tried it on a colour pop not on nails yet. I had no success with ilac using my OPI LED Lamp :( so now I only use my CND uv lamp and that cures beautifully.

J'nailee I've been looking at the starter kit tonight it looks reasonable priced. How long did you get from the polish us it hard wearing like others have said too

Hi sorry only just logged back on to this thread. I agree with most of the other posts about the rubber like feel, but it is long lasting and I have not had any issues with chipping or lifting. I did find application a little trickier as the iLac is quite runny so pools into the side walls if you aren't careful.

The lamp doesn't cure 5 fingers, each time I tried the thumb was not curing so it may be best to cure the thumbs together separately. Hth x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

In their LED the cure is 30 seconds, its 36watts so in other leds it in theory will take more like 60 seconds. The harmony lamp i am not sure about i imagine 30 seconds too as its powerful and in the opinion of most (from what i hear)the best lamp on the market

Latest posts

Back