Insanity Workout?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had this for 2 or 3 weeks now, defo motivated to start with fitness test tomorrow. I've also downloaded an app on my phone to track - insanetracker - has anyone used it ? It seems to track the fitness tests, daily workouts and has a photo log.
yip I downloaded it, cant see how to do the graph bit tho?

I struggled on day 3, I had to have lots of breaks. The aches and pains are getting better though so day 4 should be easier :)

I could barely finish ANY of the pure cardio sequences:sad:, I was too scared my heart was about to pop, I will buy a heart monitor next week when I am back in the U.K. Any one know what its supposed to be when ShaunT says to check your heart monitor?! My husband was dripping in sweat, he doesnt even bother to put on gym gear anymore! He walks in from work , strips off to his boxers and puts on his trainers! I was quite amused and found it funny to watch him jump about like that, I couldnt exercise for the first minute as I was laughing too much:D

Sounds like you guys are having fun! If you buy a good heart rate monitor it works it all out for you based on height, weight, sex - the usual.

What Shaun T wants you to see is that during breaks or lower impact exercising is that your heart rate is coming back down before you start again. I can't explain the science of it but the theory is this type of interval training is more effective.

The heart rate monitor will tell you what your maximum heart rate is for cardio or fat burning.

When I started my heart rate was hitting. 200 beats per min (I think that was to high!) and obv I was stopping! It says my max should be 185. Now I normally get to about 179 on the hardest bits so defo an improvement!

Week 4 completed! Whoop whoop :)

Ok so I'm getting this dvd and preparing tp die :) so what do I need?

Do I need a heart monitor? (If so, where is the best place to buy a reasonably cheap one that does the job?)
Do I have to wear trainers or can I do it bare foot?
Do I need any weights or anything?

I'm very overweight so not sure how I'll cope haha. If I survive, I'll keep you all posted.

Very inspiring thread. Well done geeks. Keep at it xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Ok so I'm getting this dvd and preparing tp die :) so what do I need?

Do I need a heart monitor? (If so, where is the best place to buy a reasonably cheap one that does the job?)
Do I have to wear trainers or can I do it bare foot?
Do I need any weights or anything?

I'm very overweight so not sure how I'll cope haha. If I survive, I'll keep you all posted.

Very inspiring thread. Well done geeks. Keep at it xxx

Welcome to the insanity train!

You don't have to have the heart rate monitor but its good for seeing how your improving etc etc and making sure your trying as hard as you can.

You will need to wear trainers - there is a lot of jumping! Try to use good quality ones or your feet may hurt!

You don't need weights - if you are going to buy any equipment maybe just a mat depending what type of flooring you have. I bought one and use it during press ups and the abs section.

Welcome to the insanity train!

You don't have to have the heart rate monitor but its good for seeing how your improving etc etc and making sure your trying as hard as you can.

You will need to wear trainers - there is a lot of jumping! Try to use good quality ones or your feet may hurt!

You don't need weights - if you are going to buy any equipment maybe just a mat depending what type of flooring you have. I bought one and use it during press ups and the abs section.

Thanks so much for your reply hun. I will invest in some good trainers and probably get a heart monitor. I have carpeted floor (concrete underneath so won't bang lol), do you think I'll need a mat?

Also, does anyone know of any good knee supports I can get as I think I will end ip with bad knees, I did when doing 30 day shred :( xxx

Thanks so much for your reply hun. I will invest in some good trainers and probably get a heart monitor. I have carpeted floor (concrete underneath so won't bang lol), do you think I'll need a mat?

Also, does anyone know of any good knee supports I can get as I think I will end ip with bad knees, I did when doing 30 day shred :( xxx

If you've got carpet you might be ok without the mat. Just use a towel for the press-ups maybe. I just find going straight on my carpet was giving me what felt like carpet burns on my hands!

Not sure about knee supports. I don't have the greatest knees and I basically just adjusted some of the exercises to help them so if they did a jumping squat I would just squat etc etc!

Just wondering what you geeks are going to do when Insanity finishes? I'm in week 5 so need to make a decision on what to do next!

Just wondering what you geeks are going to do when Insanity finishes? I'm in week 5 so need to make a decision on what to do next!

This isn't answering your question, but how are you feeling after week 5? :) xxx

Only on day 2 of week 5 but feeling good. I think I might struggle doing the same DVD everyday but I'm definitely feeling the burn! To be honest I can't believe I've managed to stick to doing a DVD everyday for all this time. I'm a little bit proud of myself :)

Only on day 2 of week 5 but feeling good. I think I might struggle doing the same DVD everyday but I'm definitely feeling the burn! To be honest I can't believe I've managed to stick to doing a DVD everyday for all this time. I'm a little bit proud of myself :)

You should be SUPER proud of yourself... well done ;)

Have you noticed much of a difference in your physical appearance? Xxx

I look like I've lost some fat :) I didn't bother to weigh myself on week one but I did weigh myself and take measurements at the beginning of week three so will compare at my next fit test. I was naughty at the beginning and eating and drinking thing I shouldn't have been so I joined slimming world last week to help me stay on track.

I'm considering doing it again when it's all over! I can see from my results compared to Tanya's in the fit test! There is still a long way I could go with this DVD!

Ive just restarted week 5 after my impromptu week off and have to say I'm loving it!!!

I was thinking about doing insanity again straight after but am worried I might get bored. I looked at the asylum but I don't think it's for me. I want another everyday programme but maybe more weighs next time.

Hi guys! I'm not doing insanity (have done it in the past Shaun T......hello :D ) i am doing josie gibsons 30 second slim. That's a great workout as well, maybe something to try once you've finished insanity. It's interval training as well although not as hardcore as insanity. Even though I'm doing a different workout could I still join in and help track my process with u guys? I'm 5'1 and 9.5 stonyd and my goal is too loose at least a stone. Everyone here is such an inspiration :) xxx

Hi guys! I'm not doing insanity (have done it in the past Shaun T......hello :D ) i am doing josie gibsons 30 second slim. That's a great workout as well, maybe something to try once you've finished insanity. It's interval training as well although not as hardcore as insanity. Even though I'm doing a different workout could I still join in and help track my process with u guys? I'm 5'1 and 9.5 stonyd and my goal is too loose at least a stone. Everyone here is such an inspiration :) xxx

The more the merrier! Welcome!

Im on week 2 and feeling a lot better than last week! But I'm still finding I have quite a lot of breaks, does anyone else find this?

Im on week 2 and feeling a lot better than last week! But I'm still finding I have quite a lot of breaks, does anyone else find this?

I was having breaks prob for first couple of weeks. But I go longer and longer before taking those breaks now. Some days if I'm tired and we do an exercise on the floor when they get up I'm still on the floor collapsed and having a think about it! I've got better at getting my mind to overrule what my body's thinking and getting on with it!

Latest posts

Back