Insanity Workout?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blimey waffle4 you have been unlucky :( yes I got mind on gumtree no problems at all. Just luck of the draw I guess. It's def worth the money though. 12 days in and loving it ( and loathing it all at the same time )

Hmmph I know. Hubby's gonna stay fat at this rate lol x

hello all you Insanity lovers.
My husband bought insanity over two months ago and did nothing with it.........but then i came across this thread while on holiday and not only did it make us laugh at all the comments about people throwing up :lol:and nearly dying in the fitness test it inspired us to start it and to join to! So we went to town bought our sports shorts and trainers(i haven't bought trainers in over ten years!)....did our before pictures and we did the fitness test!!!!! It was more like a workout, phew....my legs were shaking afterwards, my husband fell asleep on the sofa for an hour and when he woke he said, O.K so what are we supposed to eat?"

hello all you Insanity lovers.
My husband bought insanity over two months ago and did nothing with it.........but then i came across this thread while on holiday and not only did it make us laugh at all the comments about people throwing up :lol:and nearly dying in the fitness test it inspired us to start it and to join to! So we went to town bought our sports shorts and trainers(i haven't bought trainers in over ten years!)....did our before pictures and we did the fitness test!!!!! It was more like a workout, phew....my legs were shaking afterwards, my husband fell asleep on the sofa for an hour and when he woke he said, O.K so what are we supposed to eat?"

Excellent I love that the thread is inspiring people to join in! Keep us updated with your progress! The fitness test is hard going but it does get easier - sort of!

I've still not recovered with my ankle :( it got so bad, I went to a&e a couple of days ago. Theres no fracture , but a bad sprain. If there's no improvement I'll probably need an MRI. Its been nearly 2 weeks and i've had enough of the pain. My other leg is starting to hurt now because of the way I'm walking... I doubt I'll be able to complete the programme :( xx

I've still not recovered with my ankle :( it got so bad, I went to a&e a couple of days ago. Theres no fracture , but a bad sprain. If there's no improvement I'll probably need an MRI. Its been nearly 2 weeks and i've had enough of the pain. My other leg is starting to hurt now because of the way I'm walking... I doubt I'll be able to complete the programme :( xx

That's not good! What a shame - wishing you well soon! You don't want to do any long term irreversible damage so best to stop and see what happens in the long run!

Had this for 2 or 3 weeks now, defo motivated to start with fitness test tomorrow. I've also downloaded an app on my phone to track - insanetracker - has anyone used it ? It seems to track the fitness tests, daily workouts and has a photo log.

Had this for 2 or 3 weeks now, defo motivated to start with fitness test tomorrow. I've also downloaded an app on my phone to track - insanetracker - has anyone used it ? It seems to track the fitness tests, daily workouts and has a photo log.
Welcome to the Insanity train:) i hope you have started it? i downloaded the tracker after you suggested it. All i do is tick the box each day I have done it and put in my stats. I am only on day three. Today my heels hurt for some reason, i think it was those power jumps :( tho I could barely lift my feet off the ground.

Ok here's my fit test day 1 and in today 2 weeks later. I can also report I have also lost 5 pounds!
That is excellent results, your an inspiration to us all that it really works. After our fitness test my husband said that we were not fit enough to carry on but I think we are as I am seeing real people with real results. In the words of Barack Obama." Can we do it? Yes we can!"

That is excellent results, your an inspiration to us all that it really works. After our fitness test my husband said that we were not fit enough to carry on but I think we are as I am seeing real people with real results. In the words of Barack Obama." Can we do it? Yes we can!"

Thank you! - Oh yeah I'm defo a real person! Overweight -unfit but getting fitter and a bit thinner! Not loads but enough for me to be satisfied!

Well peeps I have to say 2.5wks in and as much as I'm loving it, I seriously struggling with my knees! :( not convinced I'll be able to do the 60 days. My knees are rubbish anyway but the constant impact on the knees with virtually every exercise is hard. Is anyone struggling with this? X

Well peeps I have to say 2.5wks in and as much as I'm loving it, I seriously struggling with my knees! :( not convinced I'll be able to do the 60 days. My knees are rubbish anyway but the constant impact on the knees with virtually every exercise is hard. Is anyone struggling with this? X

First couple of weeks my knees were playing up - and my feet (they are flat feet and hate more or less all activity) I started by adapting a lot of the jumping squats and star jump squats to ordinary squats and this helped loads. I can more or less do all of the jumping now and I'm on week 5. But if you have to take it easy on those parts!

I have a confession to make Insanity Geeks I have (semi) fallen off the Insanity wagon this week! Lol

Really what happened was I was scheduled for all early shifts due to other staff being off this week. This threw me right off my Insanity first thing in the morning routine unless I was willing to do it @ 3:30am! And after being at work from 5am for 10hrs I'm good for nothing in the evenings!

Anyway last early shift is Thursday so from Friday morning I will be restarting week 5 recovery week! I'd rather do that anyway as I quite enjoyed the content in recovery week and want to benefit from being able to do it 6 days no early shifts interrupting it!!!

Im going to start this tomorrow i think. Go on holiday on june 24th and hoping to have a little less wobble by then! I am doing the gym aswell and a healthy eating plan.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm on day 2 and I can barely walk! Going up and down stairs is agony! Please tell me this is normal and I'm not abnormally unfit lol!!

My DVDs finally arrived so this morning I cracked on with the fit test, was actually surprised as I seem to be fitter than I thought. I'm in agony now though and dreading tomorrow morning! I'm having a bit of an issue with meal plans and shopping lists. Trying to save the pennies so buy products that I know I'll use all of and try to have a varied diet at the same time... tips anyone?

I'm on day 2 and I can barely walk! Going up and down stairs is agony! Please tell me this is normal and I'm not abnormally unfit lol!!

It's very very normal!

It's very very normal!

Thank goodness! I'm not sure how I'm going to get through my workout today, still in agony!

Is anyone using a recovery drink post workout? Any recommendations?

Any updates on the insanity workout? my friend just signed up to it and i am debating it , is it worth it? i find it hard to motivate when on my own !!

:wink2:

It's very very normal!
My husband seems to be alot sorer than me, tho i think he is diggin deeper ;) soles of meet feet hurt after the cardio power and resistance, think i was landing to hard and I was making a lot of noise, landing like an elephant I was.

I could barely finish ANY of the pure cardio sequences:sad:, I was too scared my heart was about to pop, I will buy a heart monitor next week when I am back in the U.K. Any one know what its supposed to be when ShaunT says to check your heart monitor?! My husband was dripping in sweat, he doesnt even bother to put on gym gear anymore! He walks in from work , strips off to his boxers and puts on his trainers! I was quite amused and found it funny to watch him jump about like that, I couldnt exercise for the first minute as I was laughing too much:D

Latest posts

Back