Insulted at Scottish Beauty 2010 !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

villagebeauty

Reaction score
Hi, I attended Scottish Beauty again this year only 1 day this time and not as many exhibitors either, was hoping to see CND re shellac as ive read so much about it . Anyway at least Bio Sculpture attended so i attempted to place an order (i am BS trained) only to be told i could not order because i didnt live in Scotland!!! I was appalled i had held back my order all week thinking i could buy at the trade show but i was told they would sell me a few things but for cash only, also i could not use the card i always order on when i place a phone order, i have attended many trade shows over the years throughout the country and i have never had a problem before. The lady i spoke to was quite rude and had no customer service skills atall, she went on to say that i was the only person at scottish beauty that was not from Scotland therefore this posed a problem. I ended up buying a few things for cash but i feel very upset as at the end of the day this is not a cheap product , the training is expensive so the least you can expect is some politeness and to be able to purchase the products without feeling that your being talked down too!

Sorry for the rant but i truly was shocked, all i can say is they cant be that bothered about losing sales, also if anyone from outside of Scotland attended just let me know as im not convinced i was the only one !

Hi, I attended Scottish Beauty again this year only 1 day this time and not as many exhibitors either, was hoping to see CND re shellac as ive read so much about it . Anyway at least Bio Sculpture attended so i attempted to place an order (i am BS trained) only to be told i could not order because i didnt live in Scotland!!! I was appalled i had held back my order all week thinking i could buy at the trade show but i was told they would sell me a few things but for cash only, also i could not use the card i always order on when i place a phone order, i have attended many trade shows over the years throughout the country and i have never had a problem before. The lady i spoke to was quite rude and had no customer service skills atall, she went on to say that i was the only person at scottish beauty that was not from Scotland therefore this posed a problem. I ended up buying a few things for cash but i feel very upset as at the end of the day this is not a cheap product , the training is expensive so the least you can expect is some politeness and to be able to purchase the products without feeling that your being talked down too!

Sorry for the rant but i truly was shocked, all i can say is they cant be that bothered about losing sales, also if anyone from outside of Scotland attended just let me know as im not convinced i was the only one !

What a shame if you were interested that you did not enquire about CND before the show.

CND (the Fingertips Centre) had a marvelous show!!! They are located 5 minutes away from where the show was held and had a FREE PINK Hummer limousine going back and forth all day every 15 minutes or so ferrying customers to their facility (and then back to the show) where there were classes, demonstrations, free food and drink all day long. It was a marvelous success and the 2nd year they have done it AND it has been broad casted here on the salon geek website for some time.

a little homework would have given you much information, you would have got your Shellac and you would have avoided any disappointment. Shame.

Wish i had realised that i havent been on salongeek that often lately, i am creative trained so would i be able to order shellac direct as i am looking at this as an alternative to bio nno ?

Wish i had realised that i havent been on salongeek that often lately, i am creative trained so would i be able to order shellac direct as i am looking at this as an alternative to bio nno ?

Indeed you would be able to do so.

Thanks i shall do that asap

You should get on the Fingertips email list. I got an email about the open day a few weeks ago. [email protected]

Hi There,

Really sorry you missed our open day :sad:

As Lea-ann has just said, if you would like to be added to our mailing list so you recieve all the information about what we are up to please email us at the email address given above and I will get you added on tomorrow.

Not sure how far away you are from us? We could try and arrange a demo sometime for you or you could even attend a Shellac Attack class.

Please PM me if you would like further information.

HTH's

just pm'd you thanks for the info.x

I thought Bio was an enhancement product? Thought I read in oneof the many Shellac threads that it is not an enhancement product??

she went on to say that i was the only person at scottish beauty that was not from Scotland

Well she should get her facts right then! I was also at Scottish Beauty, yet I'm from south of the border too... that's totally ridiculous that she should be so rude and refuse to do business with you because you're not from Scotland - a customer is a customer in my book, wherever they happen to come from (even though international VAT is a pain in the butt)...

Thanks for that ! i knew i couldnt possibly be the only one x

Bio is enhancing as well as natural nail overlay, Shellac is not to lenghthen the nail.

Thanks for that ! i knew i couldnt possibly be the only one x

Also, as your profile says you're from the North East, then Scottish Beauty is by far the closest show to you - otherwise you'd have to travel all the way down to Manchester for Professional Beauty North in October... again I just don't get the attitude of the person who was so rude to you - if they carry on like that, then they'll probably find themselves going bust - as it's just plain stupidity to turn potential customers away like that!!!

Yes, I wish more trade shows and training would be located up north as sometimes its difficult to attend the things you would like to because of time out to travel there. I was in a sales role for many years before a got into beauty therapy, part of my job as to attend trade shows and i would have been sacked on the spot if i had talked to a potential customer with that attitude!

There really is very good training in the North which is available any time you wish it.

Both Sweet Squared/CND in Leeds and The Fingertips Centre/CND in Scotland have regular events and open days ... you just need to make yourself more aware of these things as a professional.

Keep in regular contact with Welcome - Sweet Squared .. ask your partner distributors to put you on their mailing list so you know about these things. And, of course, keep up with the latest that is going on just by visiting this wonderful site called the salongeek.com.

Look around the site and get to know it. There are training articles and tutorials ... you can find those sections on the home page. There are social groups where you can ask those who use certain brands any questions you like specific to the brand ... you can join groups by clicking above where it says GROUPS. You can use the incredible search button above to search for any topic you like concerning hair, beauty or nails. You can read up-to-the-minute industry news on the Home Page.

This site is the best resource you could possibly have to make sure you do not miss out on anything ... Use it to its full potential by getting to know it and all the features it offers. There is allot more to salongeek.com than the main discussion forums or chitchat . Check it out. :hug:

biosculpture is very territorial when it comes to sales, they insist that you order from your regional representative.
still rather naive of them to expect only people from scotland to attend.

Ive been using the site for quite a few years now, a few months ago my password wouldnt work for some reason, tried to reset it many times but coudnt get access so i re registered with a new email and different name. This site has helped me immensley over the years especially when i first started my business 8 yrs ago and after my creative course on acrylics. Due to some personal probs and ill health with my back which is still on going i havent visited very often lately but i need to start looking ahead again and getting back on track hence attending Scottish Beauty. Your right about the site its answered so many problems for me and helped so much x

biosculpture is very territorial when it comes to sales, they insist that you order from your regional representative.
still rather naive of them to expect only people from scotland to attend.

Fair enough to support local distributors .. this is a good and fair policy for any company who has regional distributors, but at shows you sell to the show attendees. It doesn't matter from where they come.

The reaction on the booth to this customer is completely unacceptable behavior as well as just plain STUPID. Whoever the person was needs a stern talking to.

Fair enough to support local distributors .. this is a good and fair policy for any company who has regional distributors, but at shows you sell to the show attendees. It doesn't matter from where they come.

The reaction on the booth to this customer is completely unacceptable behavior as well as just plain STUPID. Whoever the person was needs a stern talking to.

indeed.

Why does that attitude from Bio-Sculpture not surprise me?

They were really quite off hand to me last year at Beauty UK at the NEC. I've since switched products because of thier rubbish customer service.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back