Interview!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnanails

Reaction score
Hi
hope everyone is good

I have an interview on Monday and am wondering what to wear?
I didnt want to go in work clothes so am wondering what else would be suitable ?

all advice gratefully accepted
thanks
Donna x

Why would you not go in your uniform? - I'm not impressed if a candidate arrives in her own clothes unless I've brought her in for an informal chat.

i would say uniform is best, but if you have a reson why you don't want to wear it, why not heels, black trousers and a shirt/ smart top? can't go wrong with that!

I can understand someone being unsure about wearing uniform. I had someone turn up for an interview this week and her opening remark was 'apologies for still being in uniform but i have come straight from work.' My personal view is that unless i had invited you in for a treatment test, and it was for an interview i would expect you to be smartly dressed i.e. skirt, blouse etc and not in uniform. If you have been asked to perform a treatment then you should wear a uniform. However, why not ring the person giving you the interview and just ask - ' will i be doing a treatment and therefore need to wear my uniform ?'

thanks for the advice
I have been asked in for an interview not a treatment test hence the reason I didnt want to go in my uniform
I have already done a test and have been asked back for an interview

thanks again
Donna

I would say wear something smart and take your uniform along with you to change should they want to do a treatment test.

I would wear a suit if I were you but that could be a hangover from my other jobs. I don't think you can go too smart myself!:eek: Lx

Hi
hope everyone is good

I have an interview on Monday and am wondering what to wear?
I didnt want to go in work clothes so am wondering what else would be suitable ?

all advice gratefully accepted
thanks
Donna x

black trousers, some short of shirt,blouse or nice top with a suit jacket and some nice shoes make sure there clean

I would definitely go with a suit for an interview. I've sat and conducted numerous interviews and those that arrive to an interview well dressed always score a point or two for their appearance. The only exception being if you were specifically told to come as if you were dressing for work.

Also its interesting to note that a number of study’s have shown that the most effective colours are a dark pants or skirt suit with a red blouse or red scarf for the women and a dark suit, white shirt and red tie for men.

Good Luck,

Billy

The Successful Salon - Successful Growth Strategies for Salons and Spas

I would definitely go with a suit for an interview. I've sat and conducted numerous interviews and those that arrive to an interview well dressed always score a point or two for their appearance. The only exception being if you were specifically told to come as if you were dressing for work.

Also its interesting to note that a number of study’s have shown that the most effective colours are a dark pants or skirt suit with a red blouse or red scarf for the women and a dark suit, white shirt and red tie for men.

Good Luck,

Billy

The Successful Salon - Successful Growth Strategies for Salons and Spas
Interesting about the red shirt/scarf - I'll perhaps take that on board for my next interview! Thanks for that! Lx

Latest posts

Back