Intimate waxing and all 4s !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josie*

Reaction score
Hi
I am just wondering what you all do regards intimate waxing and asking your clients to get on all 4s.
I use PR and have always managed to clear the area without the need for this but it can be a little awkward when they are lying on their stomach.
I recently watched 'the whole ball of wax' and this got me wondering if most of you waxers are happy to ask your clients to get on their hands and knees?
I introduced a couple of clients to the idea and they were fine others have been less keen!!!

Thanks in advance for your answers and thoughts
Josie x

Hi
I am just wondering what you all do regards intimate waxing and asking your clients to get on all 4s.
I use PR and have always managed to clear the area without the need for this but it can be a little awkward when they are lying on their stomach.
I recently watched 'the whole ball of wax' and this got me wondering if most of you waxers are happy to ask your clients to get on their hands and knees?
I introduced a couple of clients to the idea and they were fine others have been less keen!!!

Thanks in advance for your answers and thoughts
Josie x

I do Brazilian waxing for both men and women. Both men and women have to go on all 4s for me to wax them. So far it has not been a problem with anyone.

I do Brazilian waxing for both men and women. Both men and women have to go on all 4s for me to wax them. So far it has not been a problem with anyone.

I do exactly the same. Never once had a client say anything and I get lots of repeat clients.
It's easier to get the hairs out and it gets all the hairs out.
Makes it quicker and easier which is better for the client.

Hey when my clients come in i get them to sit down and i explain my steps through and tell them i will need them on all floors

Sometimes this is not always needed but as long as you act professional and confident then they are all usually fine about it however if ypu jave regulars that you have done their waxing without getting them on all fours they may be apprhensive because they have not beeded to do it before!

Xxxx

mine all go on all 4's and although some get embarrised i just keep chatting and they forget that they have their bottom is in my face, i dont understand how you get all the hair without doing so? i would love someone to enlighten me?

I start with them lying on there back with there knees bent to the side and wax as much as I can. Then they lift each leg towards their chest one after the other. This gets all but the little area right at the back. Then I ask them to turn over and for want of a better way to describe it I have to separate there cheeks to get the rest. I do completely clear the hair but had been considering all 4s, just had a mixed reaction to the change. :)

Josie that's how I do it, like you do. I've never asked anyone to get on all fours, so I think it'd be Bit weird to suddenly start asking my clients to do that.x

oh god i can imagin it now, getting them to pull their cheeks apart... ''don't let go whatever you do''.... turn round and bum cheeks are stuck together... lol thanks for describing it though, its nice to have ideas for clients who can't do all 4s for medical reasons x

oh god i can imagin it now, getting them to pull their cheeks apart... ''don't let go whatever you do''.... turn round and bum cheeks are stuck together... lol thanks for describing it though, its nice to have ideas for clients who can't do all 4s for medical reasons x

Haha That has been a reality!! Lol
Which is why I was thinking of changing. I've been waxing that way for years hence the resistance to change from me and my clients but going to go for it. With some of them anyway!!

Thanks for all the replies guys
Xxx

I'm not a beautician, I'm a hair geek but just from a client point of view, I have been to a couple of places for a Hollywood wax and in one place I was asked to get on all 4s and in the other I was asked to turn on to my stomach and pull my bum cheeks apart! And I must say I felt much more comfortable being on all 4s than separating my bum cheeks! .. I still did it, just telling myself over and over in my head that I'm not the first and won't be the last client that she gets to do this and that she is used to doing this! Couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed though and that's not normally like me!! Xx

I don't actually tell them. What I say is ok I will remove all the hair from the front and the back. I them to be lying on the bed on their tummy to start. And then I just say ok could you bring yourself up onto your knees and drop down onto your forearms. They are doing it before they know it and I've never had someone refuse.

I think If your telling them they have to get up onto all four they are more likely to refuse. X

I don't ask my clients to go on all fours, if I'm honest I wouldn't be comfortable doing it and I'm almost certain my clients would be embarrassed. I do have clients that ask if i do it and i always explain that i dont do it that way which is never a problem. I was never taught to do it that way and have always managed to clear the area without doing it.

Always Interested in how others do it though. It's funny how we pick up our own little ways :)

if someone asked me to lie on my front & pull apart my bum cheeks I think I'd die of embarrassment lmao I'd much prefer to be on all 4's, im not a waxer btw just a waxee if that word even makes sense lol just my opinion on what I'd prefer x

Well I don't get them to lie on their front and pull the bum cheeks apart, lol! I get them on their side and with one hand ask them to lift the bum cheek up...it's slightly better, I think all the different ways we do it are going to leave our clients feeling a little exposed! But hey, it's gotta be done! X

:) I don't actually ask THEM to separate. Lol. I just apply pressure to the side of the bottom to create a small gap with which I can just finish off their wax at the top of the crease.

Lolly thanks for the tip on how to go about it xx

I find it easier and quicker with the client being on all fours but can remove hairs either way. It's an intimate treatment I would imagine most clients would be fine as they are going to be expose anyway.

All fours for men and women. The only way is Arsex!

No problems Josie.

Yeah I think its an intimate treatment so people are expecting to be exposed in some way. I wouldn't dare go for a treatment and tell them how to do it. It's my rules! Muhahaha! Obviously different if the client physically couldn't get on all fours.

It's an intimate treatment I would imagine most clients would be fine as they are going to be expose anyway.

Agreed!

It's odd to me that people would pay someone to rip the hair out of their crack and expect to retain modesty.

Latest posts

Back