Is a facebook page enough or do I need a website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laranadine

Reaction score
Hi, just a bit of advice please. I have just taken a manicure, pedicure and Hollywood gel toes courses and need to advertise. I have set up a facebook page, but need to know do I need to have a website too?

thanks for your help
Lara

I think Facebook is pretty good as everyone uses it and its a great way to showcase your work and let people know what treatments/offers you are doing on a day to day basis, websites IMO are great but people will only go on your site if they previously know about you and probably won't take a look through it really regularly - apart from if you are really well establishes or have celebrity status!

Also its free, so while you are setting up you don't need costly website fees but you could think about it when you are more stablishes. Websites do look more professional but its getting people to view it, you could put a link on your FB page to your website if you really wanted, that would increase the hits on it x

Honestly I'm learning that I need a website aside from my facebook page, because apparently my name doesn't pop up when people google gel nails in my area :(

I'm thinking this would be a lot easier to direct people to when they ask about me, because not everyone uses facebook (especially the older clientelle).

I have a website and a facebook page. When people google certain searches it's my website that appears at the top of google and not my facebook page. Couldn't be with my website.

You definitely need a website. Google more and more produces local results - which means anyone searching for a nail salon will be shown a map with nail salons in that area. You can add your salon to their list if you have a website.

Also, a FB page is not your identity. With a website you can incorporate your logo and create your own online image.

FB is a way to keep in contact and allows you to showcase your work - but you need to do that on your website too.

I've just bought Web Easy 8 Professional and am in the process of making my own website. It comes with 3 months hosting and domain name and it only cost me £10 in Tesco clubcard vouchers!!:)

I have a facebook page and group and a website. Most of my new clients have come across my website and details when doing a google search.

People joining my facebook page / group have been mainly friends and family. As mentioned you can add pics and showcase your work. But I'd say website is the best for generating new business.

Thanks for the advice. Think I'll look into setting up a website!

Lara

i have a free website on webs.com and found it brings me new clients as it comes up when they search for nail technicians in my area, its good as new clients can see my price list and pictures of my work before booking with me.

Latest posts

Back