Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you usually a size 8? if so then a 10 should be fine, last year our course tutors told us to get a bigger size up then what you would usually buy as youl be bending down doing pedicures/moving arms alot so they need to have room if you get me xx unless it really does look to big x

Yeah im usually a 8 they told us to get the next size up so we can move comfortably ect the trousers arnt too bad but the top I could probably fit 2 of me in! Iv just sent them back praying the 8 fits okay cos the 10 looks scruffy cos its so baggy I look like im wearing pjs!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are any of you starting at City College in Norwich for hairdressing by any chance?

I'm looking for an apprentice, please PM me if you are, I don't want to steer this thread off track :)

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah im usually a 8 they told us to get the next size up so we can move comfortably ect the trousers arnt too bad but the top I could probably fit 2 of me in! Iv just sent them back praying the 8 fits okay cos the 10 looks scruffy cos its so baggy I look like im wearing pjs!

im sure itl look fine :p hopefully the 8 will look ok x my uniform still hasnt arrived hope it does i only have over a week before i start college and still havent ordered my kit apparently we wont need it for the first month of the course im sooo nervous about starting scared il struggle to meet friends xx

im sure itl look fine :p hopefully the 8 will look ok x my uniform still hasnt arrived hope it does i only have over a week before i start college and still havent ordered my kit apparently we wont need it for the first month of the course im sooo nervous about starting scared il struggle to meet friends xx

Yeah no chocolate for me incase its tight ha ah that's ok then if you have more time to order your kit is the whole first month theory then? Im doing facials first and iv got my facial kit already just gotta wait for my uniform to come back and my main kit but they havnt even said theyv dispatched that yet. Cant believe I start in like 2 weeka going to be so weird being back in college again!

Yeah no chocolate for me incase its tight ha ah that's ok then if you have more time to order your kit is the whole first month theory then? Im doing facials first and iv got my facial kit already just gotta wait for my uniform to come back and my main kit but they havnt even said theyv dispatched that yet. Cant believe I start in like 2 weeka going to be so weird being back in college again!

thats real exciting you know your doing facials wish i knew what i will be doing when i start, and yea our tutor said itl all be theory and an intoduction into beauty therapy xx and ye last time i was in college was 3 years ago x

thats real exciting you know your doing facials wish i knew what i will be doing when i start, and yea our tutor said itl all be theory and an intoduction into beauty therapy xx and ye last time i was in college was 3 years ago x

Yeah they told us the whole order of the course wich is good its facials, manis, pedis, waxing, eye treatments and make up then all the health and safety and reception ect last time I was in college I was 17 im 24 now!

My main kit is getting delivered tomorrow eeee im soo excited hows everyone else getting on? X

On way to my induction! Excited :D

Sarah xo

im starting to get real nervous ha only 5 more days to go :eek::biggrin: its been a wee since i ordered my uniform and still hasnt arrived hope it comes soon as we need it for our first day x

im starting to get real nervous ha only 5 more days to go :eek::biggrin: its been a wee since i ordered my uniform and still hasnt arrived hope it comes soon as we need it for our first day x

A week today till I start I think im more nervous about my daughter being babysat than I am about college ha. I havnt got my uniform back in the smaller size yet but I got my kit yesterday! Exciting it was all good apart from it didnt come with a kitbag so im gunna order one tomorrow should be here on time

Hi all, how is everyone doing? Sorry not been on for a while, been a rough few weeks.
It seems you're all starting very soon or have started? I sorted my placement out back in July but my interview is only today! I'm so nervous, haven't a clue what to expect or what to say. If I have to do a demo of anything I'll just freeze. :Scared: xx

Hi everyone! This is my first ever post as Ive only just joined SalonGeek :lol:

I am 28 and starting my Level 2 Diploma in Beauty in 2 weeks time!! It will be one day a week at college. I went for my interview last week, and I was expecting the tutor to look like a beautician! Haha she looks like a scary head mistress!! Eeek! (Think Mary Queens of Shops and you'll not be far out!) Im glad though, because I definatley want to learn as much as possible during the course, and am prepared to work really hard!

I was reading with interest how much everyone elses kit and uniform cost - funy how theres so much difference!! My kit is £180 and uniform is £20. I cant wait to get it!!! I got my order form last week at my interview, and posted it off the next day! But the college has put their address on it, so I'm guessing that the kit and uniform will go direct to the college, for all the students to recieve on our first day. I'm so excited!!!

Im so glad to have found a group of other students who are all starting the same thing!

I presume it will be similar in other courses, but the tutor was strict about our appearance. (Which is a good thing) She said:
Daywear makeup only, hair must be up in a bun, black trousers which can't be skinny, black closed toe shoes, the only jewelry allowed is a small pair of studs, no polish on nails.

Thought I'd say in case it helps anyone else :)

Im so glad to have found a group of other students who are all starting the same thing!

I presume it will be similar in other courses, but the tutor was strict about our appearance. (Which is a good thing) She said:
Daywear makeup only, hair must be up in a bun, black trousers which can't be skinny, black closed toe shoes, the only jewelry allowed is a small pair of studs, no polish on nails.

Thought I'd say in case it helps anyone else :)

Hey welcome I thought it would be nice to have this thread so we can all catch up and compare notes! Im 24 and also doing beauty level 2 its 2 days a week. Cant believe how cheap your kit is once mine will be nearly £300 once iv ordered my kit bag tomorrow! My college is really strict on appearance we have to have our hair up in those bun donuts and no nail varnish ect im starting next Thursday cant wait! X

Hi all, how is everyone doing? Sorry not been on for a while, been a rough few weeks.
It seems you're all starting very soon or have started? I sorted my placement out back in July but my interview is only today! I'm so nervous, haven't a clue what to expect or what to say. If I have to do a demo of anything I'll just freeze. :Scared: xx

Im starting next week good luck with your interview you will be fine! X

Hi am new to this site but I have just seen this topic now and I have just had my induction on level 2 beauty. I am so excited. 😁😁

Hi am new to this site but I have just seen this topic now and I have just had my induction on level 2 beauty. I am so excited. 😁😁

Welcome! When does your course start? :)

Oh I'm such a Billy no mates everyone else here is back from last year with all their friends and I'm all alone :thumbdown:

Sarah xo x

Oh I'm such a Billy no mates everyone else here is back from last year with all their friends and I'm all alone :thumbdown:

Sarah xo x

Aw I dont know anyone at college either but they seem okay im glad im doing the over 19s as some of the girls just out of school were obviously a bit immature my groups quite small aswell wich is good

Hi am new to Salon Geek and this thread. I am starting as part of a career change, but I think I am rather a lot older than the rest of you as I was 50 yesterday. I am doing Level 2 Beauty Therapy part time on Monday and Tuesday evenings and have work experience sorted at a local salon. Good luck to everyone starting this month! Scary isn't it?!

Latest posts

Back