Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw I dont know anyone at college either but they seem okay im glad im doing the over 19s as some of the girls just out of school were obviously a bit immature my groups quite small aswell wich is good

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ya know in my college we are all mixed some of the girls 17/18 and some are late 20s. But everyone seems a bit immature to me like talking over the teacher and giggling away moaning about petty things. Felt like I was back in my apprenticeship lol. Maybe they take their training seriously. X

Sarah xo

Hi am new to Salon Geek and this thread. I am starting as part of a career change, but I think I am rather a lot older than the rest of you as I was 50 yesterday. I am doing Level 2 Beauty Therapy part time on Monday and Tuesday evenings and have work experience sorted at a local salon. Good luck to everyone starting this month! Scary isn't it?!

Happy birthday for yesterday! Oo its good thag you have work experience too im just in college this year I was desperate to get started and everything was going so slow but its all caught up now and flown by! X

Ya know in my college we are all mixed some of the girls 17/18 and some are late 20s. But everyone seems a bit immature to me like talking over the teacher and giggling away moaning about petty things. Felt like I was back in my apprenticeship lol. Maybe they take their training seriously. X

Sarah xo

Yeah thats why im glad im in the older group I think im the youngest mayb out of the over 19s im glad though because hopefully they will be more serious about learning! Some of the school leavers were doing the same talking over the teacher and they all showed up in converse and leggings when it said in bright red capitals on the letter "no leggings or trainers" ha oh well ill be working hard regardless of what anyone else is doing! X

Yeah I agree, because it's all about presenting a professional appearance. I think it will get me into good habits to always looks neat and tidy, for when I actually start work on 'real' clients :)

Yeah I agree, because it's all about presenting a professional appearance. I think it will get me into good habits to always looks neat and tidy, for when I actually start work on 'real' clients :)

Yeah thats obviously why there so strict on appearance ect half the girls wernt wearing any make up at all and the tutor was like make up is your business now you cant not wear make up!

My beauty kit is ordered from Beauty Express which the college uses for all their student kits and tunics. It's trade only, but it says you can sign up for a trade account if your studying beauty etc, so I've just got my account! Yay!

Has anyone else started yet? I would LOVE to hear what first day is like??

My beauty kit is ordered from Beauty Express which the college uses for all their student kits and tunics. It's trade only, but it says you can sign up for a trade account if your studying beauty etc, so I've just got my account! Yay!

Has anyone else started yet? I would LOVE to hear what first day is like??

Do you know what facial and mani pedi products your using? Iv got kaeso for mani n pedi and eve Taylor for facials, I reckon the first day will just be explaining everything and getting all the boring stuff out the way ha x

Do you know what facial and mani pedi products your using? Iv got kaeso for mani n pedi and eve Taylor for facials, I reckon the first day will just be explaining everything and getting all the boring stuff out the way ha x

I'm not sure, but I think it might be Skin truth. But I have heard good things about Eve Taylor 😃

Yeah that was what I was expecting. I can just imagine that by the end of the first day, just itching to get on with learning stuff, but it feels like more of an introduction / setup / rules etc.

I *think* I may be starting on Monday! I'm a late admission - just waiting to hear about course fees etc, really nervous now as I know I won't have my kit/uniform in time! I'm doing a part time course so only one day a week x

I'm not sure, but I think it might be Skin truth. But I have heard good things about Eve Taylor 😃

Yeah that was what I was expecting. I can just imagine that by the end of the first day, just itching to get on with learning stuff, but it feels like more of an introduction / setup / rules etc.

I heard that eve taylor was really good but I was pretty disappointed with it just because of the smell none of the products smell nice at all maybe its just me! They just smell really old fashioned and like old people ha the kaeso stuff smells gorgeous I wish we had kaeso for the facial products aswell. Yeah I cant wait to start :)

I *think* I may be starting on Monday! I'm a late admission - just waiting to hear about course fees etc, really nervous now as I know I won't have my kit/uniform in time! I'm doing a part time course so only one day a week x

Oo good luck my kit and uniform came pretty quickly but im still waiting for my uniform to come back in the right size but your kit shouldn't take too long x

Just got my uniform back in the size 8 its fits fine I dunno why they were saying they come up small because the 8 isnt even tight on me I reckon they just want us to be all baggy instead of fitted for some reason! Anyway it looks much better than the 10 just waiting on my kit bag to come now then iv got everything :)

Not been on this thread in a while been so busy!!! Traveling 2 hours to college in the morning and back then work at weekens is taking it right out me! On the plus side I'm enjoying my course now except we still don't have our uniform or our kit and our bursary hasn't went through yet so don't get paid for another 2 weeks or any travel and don't have our student cards so can't get my weekly student pass cheaper argh !!!!!
But heres some of my work so far in the body painting :D
1497665_288671914659019_6025674436045605523_n.jpg

10622730_288672051325672_2431026423993163824_n.jpg

That looks fab! Well done jeez and I thought my college was unorganised hopefully they get it sorted soon!

Not been on this thread in a while been so busy!!! Traveling 2 hours to college in the morning and back then work at weekens is taking it right out me! On the plus side I'm enjoying my course now except we still don't have our uniform or our kit and our bursary hasn't went through yet so don't get paid for another 2 weeks or any travel and don't have our student cards so can't get my weekly student pass cheaper argh !!!!!
But heres some of my work so far in the body painting :D
1497665_288671914659019_6025674436045605523_n.jpg

10622730_288672051325672_2431026423993163824_n.jpg

Wow thats brill well done you :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks! Yeah hopefully some of the stuffs in tomorrow or atlest by wednesday its a joke lol xx

How's it going at college for the people who've already started? Are you just covering theory stuff like health and safety to start with? Also, do you have to dress in your salon tunic even when you're just doing theory, or is it only when doing practical?

I start a week on Wednesday! So excited! Feel like it's quite a late start compared to some!!

i start my first day on wednesday :lol: im soo nervous scared i wont make friends ha, my uniform also came today so im all prepared, been told to wear my uniform for my first day only doing 12 until 3, so not alot of time really ha just nervous want to get my first week out the way and get onto practical stuff, whens everyone else starting? x

I also start my first day on Wednesday :) 9:30am till 4pm. Fingers crossed they have all kit and uniform ready.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I start Thursday im not nervous about college at all but I couldn't sleep last night worrying about being away from my daughter :(

Latest posts

Back