Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started my first day todsy.paid all the fees and filled out enrolment forms, got to know eachother a little more.theres about 19 of us on the course!!! then had lunch and when we got back from lunch we did some practical work.i did a wash and blow dry on one of the girls and she's doing mine on Friday :) got no uniform yet though that's supposed to be coming next week.
How's everyone else doing? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Started my first day todsy.paid all the fees and filled out enrolment forms, got to know eachother a little more.theres about 19 of us on the course!!! then had lunch and when we got back from lunch we did some practical work.i did a wash and blow dry on one of the girls and she's doing mine on Friday :) got no uniform yet though that's supposed to be coming next week.
How's everyone else doing? Xx

Thanks for letting us know how you got on. Keep us updated! I'm starting a week today! So nervous now!!!

Thanks for letting us know how you got on. Keep us updated! I'm starting a week today! So nervous now!!!

Yes I will do :) ooh not long to wait then. What course are you doing? Xx

ive just done my second full day was really good i loved it :D we all got our legs manually tanned using st tropez and in the afternoon i did my first facial on a girl then she did me :) im real suprised were involved so much its only been my second day ha x it was so interesting and we were given all our libary cards and kits although i havent gotten mine yet ha need to wait for my bursary form xhas anyone else done their first days? i was sooo nervous on the first day was nearly sick (had my rescue remedy spray on me ha) but it was fine all the girls are lovely xx

Im doing part time evenings did my first evening on tuesday we spent most of the time getting to know eachother and went on a tour of all the places in college we need to know like laundry, dispensery, fire exits. We did a file and polish on eachother bit gutted though as i was one of the unlucky few that didnt get time to have a go. Going to be setting up our folders tomorrow and attempting some waxing :eek:

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I start tomorrow ill let you know how it goes! :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I will do :) ooh not long to wait then. What course are you doing? Xx

I'm 28 so doing a part time course, starting Level 2 Beauty. I'm dead nervous now tho! But really excited! It's nice to be able to chat and see how everone else is finding their new courses!

Wow Starbucks88 and Isabluebella, I'm really impressed at how much you guys covered in like your first day (and second day)! That's loads! I honestly thought it would just be like introductions, and then like salon health and safety or something. I'm really pleased it seems like we all get to jump into practical straight away!

Has your tutor been strict about appearances? How are all the girls wearing their hair / makeup?

I start tomorrow ill let you know how it goes! :)

Ooh all the best!! Are you nervous? I bet you have a great time once you get there. Let us all know how you got on and what you did when you eventually get home!! 😃

Ooh all the best!! Are you nervous? I bet you have a great time once you get there. Let us all know how you got on and what you did when you eventually get home!! 😃

I dont really get nervous about stuff like that im more nervous about my daughter being babysat by her nan as shes only young and shes never been left with her before but im sure shel be fine hopefully! Im off to bed now ill update tomorrow and let you know how I get on :D

Wow Starbucks88 and Isabluebella, I'm really impressed at how much you guys covered in like your first day (and second day)! That's loads! I honestly thought it would just be like introductions, and then like salon health and safety or something. I'm really pleased it seems like we all get to jump into practical straight away!

Has your tutor been strict about appearances? How are all the girls wearing their hair / makeup?

yea i know ti thought it would have been all introductions and things but we were straight onto tanning second day in :D we did manicures and hand massage today which is only my third day its all going so quickly and is hard to take it all in x our tutor hasnt been to strict with apperances, just we all wear day makeup and have to have all our hair tied back away from our face with grips but thats only if were being assessed. were all going on a trade show trip to manchester soon so cant wait :) :) im loving it so far just hope i can remember all the information, and i still dont have my kit! had to borrow someone nail file today ha x

Back from my first day! It was mostly introductions and a tour ect but we did a little file and paint on each other all the girls are really friendly and it doesnt seem like there will be groups and bitchyness ect so hopefully it stays that way! Im gunna have to get a new kit bag wich is annoying because we have to take everything everyday including 2 big folders books and kit so I need a suitcase wheel type bag but other than that was all good! X

Back from my first day! It was mostly introductions and a tour ect but we did a little file and paint on each other all the girls are really friendly and it doesnt seem like there will be groups and bitchyness ect so hopefully it stays that way! Im gunna have to get a new kit bag wich is annoying because we have to take everything everyday including 2 big folders books and kit so I need a suitcase wheel type bag but other than that was all good! X

Ah sounds fab!! Your gonna love it! Carrying all that stuff will be a killer I'm the exact same! except our kits are still NOT IN!!! Apparently they will be here next week, but I'm doing my first assessment next week already nervous! My course is so expensive for everything we need to add to our kits. Was looking up the kyralon grease palette we were using in class, its tiny wee pots and it was like £30-40 like WOW body painting brushes are like £15+ haha. Lets just say I'm never ever ever going to have any money haha!

Ah sounds fab!! Your gonna love it! Carrying all that stuff will be a killer I'm the exact same! except our kits are still NOT IN!!! Apparently they will be here next week, but I'm doing my first assessment next week already nervous! My course is so expensive for everything we need to add to our kits. Was looking up the kyralon grease palette we were using in class, its tiny wee pots and it was like £30-40 like WOW body painting brushes are like £15+ haha. Lets just say I'm never ever ever going to have any money haha!

Ugh I no once my daughter starts nursery every day im gunna have to take my handbag, 2 huge folders, huge book, all my kit, pushchair, daughter's lunchbag and daughter's main bag oh and the child! Why on earth have you got a assessment already:eek: whats it for? Everything is soooo expensive! And im really annoyed because I spent £30 on a kitbag and now im gunna have to get a bigger one which will be about £50 im broke!

Ugh I no once my daughter starts nursery every day im gunna have to take my handbag, 2 huge folders, huge book, all my kit, pushchair, daughter's lunchbag and daughter's main bag oh and the child! Why on earth have you got a assessment already:eek: whats it for? Everything is soooo expensive! And im really annoyed because I spent £30 on a kitbag and now im gunna have to get a bigger one which will be about £50 im broke!

Have u had a look on ebay? I have been looking on there for a case on wheels and there are some great bargains.x :)

Have u had a look on ebay? I have been looking on there for a case on wheels and there are some great bargains.x :)

Yeah thats where ill probably get one they have some really nice ones!

Hiya, yes i start level two beauty next week. so excited!! :lick: xxx

And i have been looking on ebay too. I love there beauty cases they do some lush colours. The college have put an order in for my kit i need so just waiting for it to arrive. :)

yea i know ti thought it would have been all introductions and things but we were straight onto tanning second day in :D we did manicures and hand massage today which is only my third day its all going so quickly and is hard to take it all in x our tutor hasnt been to strict with apperances, just we all wear day makeup and have to have all our hair tied back away from our face with grips but thats only if were being assessed. were all going on a trade show trip to manchester soon so cant wait :) :) im loving it so far just hope i can remember all the information, and i still dont have my kit! had to borrow someone nail file today ha x

Wow I can't believe you're covering so much! And now on to hand massage and manicures after tanning on the second day?? For some reason, that's totally NOT what I expected! I kind of imagined (in my head) that we would do like one topic for like 6 weeks like pedicures, and then finish that and start another 8 weeks of facial etc. not jumping around! Hehe it sounds well exciting!

Wow sounds like you have a LOT to carry. Glad you're first day sounds like it went well. It's good that your group of girls sound nice. Are there varied ages in your group?

With your two big folders, do you think I need to buy an A4 folder to take with me on the first day, or where your folders provided with your kit?

Latest posts

Back