is it cheating..new smile line stickers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
The Web's Leading Supplier for pedicure, manicure, tanning, hair, nailart, beauty and gifts
plenty of us have seen these, they have been advertised in the trade mags at least twice.
i would love to hear your views on these, is it cheating ....are things becoming to easy ...ie.taking away the skill of the nail technician.
are these going to be a godsend for others, other nail technicians who use white tips avidly but feel they arent good enough to create pink and whites, without the need for white tips.
will these give the white tip users an excuse not to move on from white tips.....would love to read opinions on nail technicians not confident enough to put away those white tips, also geeks who have just started to perfect pink and white application,would these make you want to ditch your white powder and the nail technicians who create those smiles with white powders and gels...which are to die for.

Nailorder - Pedicure - Manicure - Tanning - Hair - Nailart
I had a closer look (above link), most definitely cheating... and probably takes just as long to apply the stickers as it would to do a smile with product.

If this is the way of the future then I personally don't like it... do you think it will catch on?

Dont think it is any different than white tips.

Dont think they will last though.

like most things...if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is...

I am happy with doing my own whites using gel...but i would have to see this done and have a trial before really passing judgement....i am sure many moons ago when gel first came out people where saying "ohh yeah, cheating"...but now look...its everywhere.

So who knows....maybe 20 years from now it will just be a tablet we take and hey...perfect french manicured nails....:lol:

xxx

like most things...if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is...

I am happy with doing my own whites using gel...but i would have to see this done and have a trial before really passing judgement....i am sure many moons ago when gel first came out people where saying "ohh yeah, cheating"...but now look...its everywhere.

So who knows....maybe 20 years from now it will just be a tablet we take and hey...perfect french manicured nails....:lol:

xxx

Cant do that - we will all be out of a job!

without a doubt...cheating!!! BUT there are ppl that use white tips so i'm sure there will be ppl that use these. for me, they are too white.

However, maybe they'd be good for a quickie french polish?
Or to do on yourself cuz it's hard to do the wrong hand?

I do have a qquestion thou.... how can you create deep smiles with it? are the smiles generic so they'll look the same on everyone? If that is the case then i think that they are a bit rubbish. i am practising getting the smile line right for each individual client and some suit more smilier smiles than others. Not everyone can just have the same generic smile, well IMO.

i think they have their place though. well found Jo!

I think these 'things' look awful. White tips too. Once a customer compares their nails with another from a skilled tech she'll see the dif and go to have some lovely nails instead!

Thats in my dream-world anyway!:hug:

it was your thread that got me thinking about peeps opinions about it hun, good topic for a good old geek debate :hug:

Ahhhh okies no probs hun (just me jumping the gun lol)

Have to say though it would be great to hear if those that said they was going to try them actualy did?

Cheating - no - lazy - yes. As has been said, they are no better or worse than white tips.

I personally would prefer to train properly and be able to do a smile line with my powder - there are so many nails you cannot (or should not) use white tips on.

I dont like the look of them, they are too straight, not enough of a smile line, and too much faffing about for me!! Wouldnt say cheating as such, as others have said its like using white tips, or a pow, just makes it easier. I will not be buying any though!:eek:

LCN have sold something similar to this for years, it's nothing new! I've tried them ... I've binned them! Nuff said!

Joanne, I think I'm with everyone else, they look a little 'naff' , I can't see them as an professional product myself, they look like some thing you would get in a 'chemist' and use on yourself, IMO
xx

Joanne, I think I'm with everyone else, they look a little 'naff' , I can't see them as an professional product myself, they look like some thing you would get in a 'chemist' and use on yourself, IMO
xx

lol.... the chemist bit got me!...lol

i liek fiona dont see them as cheating.... is using an airbrush or painting on your whites cheating.???.... i also dont see white tips as a cheat ... but thats just imo
i think they will create lazyness and yep they do look naff!
they arent something that a professional tech would beable to use day in day out...as they dont look like a professional trained tech product...... like someone has already pointed out everyone has a dif nail shape so they arent suitable for all clients too

Jess
xox

They might take off at Claire's Accessories or Avon
jmho

my opinion when i first saw them advertised and my opinion still is
they look like those rubbery corrector sheet things, i wouldnt use them as now i am skilled enough (not brilliant) to do whites using powder ,and i get one great big thrill when i have done a set of pink and whites,
also backfills arent the "struggle" they once where when i first started out...so for myself i wouldnt use them, but there are nail technicians who have posted with problems with pink and white and backfills, like all of us at the beginning when our smiles were frowns, if they had come out when we first started out would we have used them....what i am saying is for the nail technician on the begining of their skills journey are they going to think ok i dont have to struggle anymore i can use these, which is a real shame because all of us have struggled and come out the other side, and glad of the achievment.
i think things like this is a real shame really because how many new nail technicians will be buying these and still using them in 5 years time, without ever having that journey of screaming at our selves for not being able to do smiles and backfills, and 5 years later being chuffed at our acheivments, by sticking with it and pushing ourslelves so we can be skillful at pink and whites/backfills etc.

i think they would be handy to have in even if its just for doing your own , but i doubt i would use em much , as i dont even use white tips , always do it with powder , but then i like to bloomin buy everyting new i see :lol:

i think things like this is a real shame really because how many new nail technicians will be buying these and still using them in 5 years time, without ever having that journey of screaming at our selves for not being able to do smiles and backfills, and 5 years later being chuffed at our acheivments, by sticking with it and pushing ourslelves so we can be skillful at pink and whites/backfills etc.

well said joanne but do you think 'they' will be still be a nail tech in 5 years??
start as you mean to go i say xx

I think the thing is that if we use "cheats" or "lazy" techniques with no real skill then it just encourages our clients to DIY because they too can do it so why would they pay for someone else to do it? So effectively we could be doing ourselves out of a job!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure these products have their uses, but not in my salon.

Latest posts

Back