Is it just that I have a huge fat ar$e...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
or are tunics and troos made very small?! :irked:

I'm normally a size 16 but I have to get size 18 tunics and troos as the size 16s don't even do up.

Feel all horrid and fat. :irked:

I have exactly the same problem, your not alone!!:irked:

:hug:

I won't even order anything like that.... I looked at the measurements on one site and saw what size I would need to order and thought nah!!!! :irked: I don't mind going down in sizes but going up is a depression-bringer-on

My daughter on the otherhand has a size 10 tunic and trousers and they absolutely hang off her!!!! She is normally a size 10 so go figure that one out...

I won't even order anything like that.... I looked at the measurements on one site and saw what size I would need to order and thought nah!!!! :irked: I don't mind going down in sizes but going up is a depression-bringer-on quote]
My work's uniform is 2-3 sizes smaller than standard sizes. Does your head in. There's one girl who is usually a size 8 in normal clothes, she couldn't even get their size 12 skirt done up - she could the skirt on, just couldn't do it up.

I have the same trouble with them.
Mind you wedding dresses are just as bad, mine was 2 sizes bigger than I actually wear thats even more depressing, and on the day when you want to feel your best you end up feeling poo because ya dress says you are bigger than you are iykwim.
My uniforms both tops and trous are bigger sizes than my usual size.
Jen xx

Last edited:
I have the same trouble with them.
Mind you wedding dresses are just as bad, mine was 2 sizes bigger than i actually wear thats even more depressing, andon the day when you want to feel yor best you end up feeling poo because ya dress says you are bigger than you are iykwim.
My uniforms both tops and trous are bigger sizes than my usual size.
Jen xx

Oh god I hadn't even *thought* about wedding dresses! I've got to lose about half my bodyweight for November next year to squeeze into one of those! :irked: :cry:

I really struggle with size 16 uniforms too. But I refuse to go up to an 18!! :evil::evil::rolleyes:

I think it depends on where you buy from as my college tunic (from La Beeby) is size 10 and fits nice (need bigger boobs for it to fit snug though haha), my tunic from Alexandra's is size 12 and my Tunic from M&S Supplies is size 10.... and I usually am a size 8 in tshirts and ocassionally size 10.

Same with trousers im usually size 10, but all my salon trousers are size 12 or 14!

yep

They defo need to sort out there sizing, and why on earth are the trousers all so high waisted?

Got to say apart from the high waisted bit the cnd uniforms were lovely, the tops (i am a DD) fit really well, i ordered a 10 and a 12 as i usually find uniforms i have to go up a size and i kept the 10!

Hi,

I have the same problem. But my main moan is the length of the tunics. It seems that everyone should be the same height. I find it hard that a gorgeous size 10 tunic, which looks thigh length in the brochures, actually is waiste length on me:irked: - I'm 5'11" and size 16-18. I spoke to one company and they said they would look into it - never heard any more!!! I wait for the trade shows now, then at least I can try them on.

Julieh

I don't know why the fashion industry as a whole has not cottoned onto the pear and apple shapes that most of us all really are. I have a big tummy but a little bum. So to get trousers that fit my waist I have to look like I'm wearing the old style pair of jodhpurs with the thigh material flapping about in the wind!

I think someone could get very rich if they opened a chain of stores called Apples and Pears, and made womens' clothes for real women! God if I only had the money! Should I trademark it now?!!!!!!!!!!!!! :green:

I don't know why the fashion industry as a whole has not cottoned onto the pear and apple shapes that most of us all really are. I have a big tummy but a little bum. So to get trousers that fit my waist I have to look like I'm wearing the old style pair of jodhpurs with the thigh material flapping about in the wind!

I think someone could get very rich if they opened a chain of stores called Apples and Pears, and made womens' clothes for real women! God if I only had the money! Should I trademark it now?!!!!!!!!!!!!! :green:

:lol::lol::lol:Sorry Sass but PMSL at that Mental picture alert!
Jen xx

Can I just say how relieved I feel that I'm not alone in this! I was beginning to think I was some sort of freak of nature that shouldn't be allowed to set foot in the beauty industry! :green:

Love the idea of the Apples and Pears shops. I thought a while ago that Gok Wan (of How to Look Good Naked) should design some things like that which would flatter different types of figures.

I'm short and fat so I'm impossible to dress... would love to see what he'd come up with for the likes of me! :eek:

Thanks for the replies chaps! :green:

:hug:

I must be unusual I love big bums and I would love a bigger bum :green: mines not a bad size,
but I would like a bigger bum and less of a tum,
I would like to be able to do that shakira dance thingy , and go shaking that tushy like she does :hug: x

I must be unusual I love big bums and I would love a bigger bum :green: mines not a bad size,
but I would like a bigger bum and less of a tum,
I would like to be able to do that shakira dance thingy , and go shaking that tushy like she does :hug: x

Would you like some of mine?:lol:

Latest posts

Back