Is This A Normal Quiet Time Of The Year.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wondering if you all are experiencing a quiet time in the buisness at the moment.

My phone is not ringing much and a third NSS salon is opening up near me.

This is getting scarey.

Any advice.

Sam

I would'nt worry its usually the lull before the storm.

Last week I was megga this week its not too bad. So I can recover from my couple of days doing 8.30am till 7.00pm. the rest of the week was normal

I expect a few quiet weeks now summer is over...until the Christmas party season sets in!

Definitely quieter after the kids go back to school and the sumer hols are over.....everyone has spent out! :lol:
Catch ya breath before the christmas party season begins!
Good Luck!

September was definitely quieter than normal, but then if customers are like me they're skint too!! However October is looking better in the diary, and quite a few clients who abandonned me over the summer are returning dying to have nails back on again!

Glad you posted this as I thought it was just me that was finding things quieter than normal.

Hi

This last week has definatly been quieter for us. Still i have taken the opportunity to catch up with my paper work and plan my christmas and january promotions.

im always quiet at this time of year (more so this week as ive been in hospital) but thing are looking up again now - my phone hasnt stopped ringing, and its getting on my nerves as i just sit down and the bloody thing rings again, (but im not complaining) its all business - come xmas youll wish you had the phone cut off hahahhahahah

September was the same for me not just with nails but beauty as well
i think the kids go back to school n the mums get their houses back in order
its pickin up again now

i have also been really quiet, for the last few weeks, but i am fully expecting the mad couple of months leading up to christmas as i did last year (god knows i need the business just to pay the credit card bill from excel)
enjoy the calm before the storm, it will come!!

I've been a nail tech for almost 7 years, and no matter where you work you'll always find these dips and peaks. I've found that the busiest times are summer, and holiday seasons, with the exception of Valentine's Day, and Mother's Day. I don't complain anymore about the slow times because I work like a slave during those busy seasons!! LOL!!
So make the most of the time.
Cut some hours and spend more time at home.
Take more classes.
Use this time to experiment with new/different products.
Do some things for yourself.
This is also the time where having a clientele really helps you through. Client retention is important. You should be trying to win ALL of your clients (i know you do), so you'll have that "base" you can depend on.

Latest posts

Back