Is this right? :( Acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemsy101

Reaction score
Hi girls, need a little advice pls .....

3 weeks ago I had a call from a lady asking me to do hers and her friends acrylic nails they were very happy with them and I have not heard from them until today when the lady texted me asking me to go back out to them both and apply new nails before the weekend?.. She has also told me she wants them both free of charge as 2 of hers have "fell off" and her friends had all " fallen off" within the first week saying my glue must have been off!! I've never heard this befor ?.. Do I go back and re do them I have spoken to my insurance company and they have advised me if the client isn't happy they have to complain to me within 48hrs of appliance I've never had a complaint before with any of my nails so can someone pls advise me as I'm a little weiry as have been told they are more than likely trying to get new nails for nothing otherwise she would have contacted me within the week of it happening ?.... I have used the same products always and infant that week and my other clients are fine ?..

3 weeks ago I had a call from a lady asking me to do hers and her friends acrylic nails they were very happy with them and I have not heard from them until today when the lady texted me asking me to go back out to them both and apply new nails before the weekend?.. She has also told me she wants them both free of charge as 2 of hers have "fell off" and her friends had all " fallen off" within the first week saying my glue must have been off!! I've never heard this befor ?.. Do I go back and re do them I have spoken to my insurance company and they have advised me if the client isn't happy they have to complain to me within 48hrs of appliance I've never had a complaint before with any of my nails so can someone pls advise me as I'm a little weiry as have been told they are more than likely trying to get new nails for nothing otherwise she would have contacted me within the week of it happening ?.... I have used the same products always and infant that week and my other clients are fine ?..

So the nails 'fell' off within the first week , but yet its taken her until week 3 to call you ? I'd tell her to sod off (politely of course lol ) If they had come off why wait nearly 3 weeks until reporting that to you ? x

Well this is what I thought but when i said to her she should have let me know at the time she said am I calling her a lier and that I need to seek legal advise before answering her question? This is why I'm so confused

Well this is what I thought but when i said to her she should have let me know at the time she said am I calling her a lier and that I need to seek legal advise before answering her question? This is why I'm so confused

She's trying to get one over you, tell her you've spoken to your insurance company etc and unless you desperately need the work tell her your fully booked (because your nails are good and dont "fall off")for the next two weeks so can't do them. X

That's exactly what the game is and i think your own instinct is telling you that. If only two have come off tell her you can replace at her maintenance appointment. As for the other one, nails don't fall off and if there was genuine service breakdown i'm sure she would have been in touch PDQ at the time and you should have been given the opportunity to put it right then - not now. Don't give in to them - charge for everything/anything you do! :hug:

she's trying to bully you. stick to your guns. she should have called you straight away if there was a problem.

Thats unbelievable, to leave it sooo long...where do these dreadful women get their sense of entitlement from!?

Not only would I refuse to do them free of charge, I would refuse to do them full stop. She is showing you she's trouble already. You really don't need clients like this. Three weeks is such a joke, I would laugh at her then sack her.

I can't believe people even try this do they think we are stupid?
Before I did nails if I ever broke one I paid for a repair knowing full well I had done it to myself.
I wouldn't dream of trying to blame my tech or get a freebie what's wrong with these people?
No way are you doing those for free hun they are at it xx

It's nice to get some advice from people that know! I'm not going to do them again for them when she wrote that I should seek legal advice before I reply to her I have ignored her as I can see she's trying to intimidate me just felt really horrible as I've. Not had this before, Evan if it was 2 weeks and not 3 it's still not right as she said they fell off in the first week? I was abit worried as never dealt with this before?! X

It's nice to get some advice from people that know! I'm not going to do them again for them when she wrote that I should seek legal advice before I reply to her I have ignored her as I can she she's trying to intimidate me just felt really horrible as I've. Not had this before, Evan if it was 2 weeks it's still not right as she said they fell off in the first week? I was abit worried as never dealt with this before?! X

And that's the point, you've never had this before because your nails are good obviously, just ignore her now as there is no appointment don't let it get you down, chancer. x

OH NO! Absolutely not! They should have called you right away so you could assess the situation...not weeks later. If they want their nails done at this point, it's full price and that's that.

Sounds like they have an event and they want a free service and sister, your services aren't free. These two may be clients you want to pass on to someone else, to be honest.

Have a fellow nail tech you hate? Give these two her card and tell them to keep it movin'.

Bless you!

Unfortunately there are some truly hideous people out there, and you've found them. Put yourself in the scenario that you've paid good money to get your nails done and they've somehow 'dropped off' in week one - you'd be straight on the blower to complain, not leaving it two weeks to do so. No way are these people genuine...stick to your guns and refuse to do them again. It is hard, as you feel guilty and that it may affect your reputation, but your other (lovely!) customers will know your service is fab, and your reputation will speak for itself. Be brave!

Like going to Waitrose with a bag rotten apples you bought 3 weeks ago and saying but they were off within a couple of days of buying them so I want some free...er on your bike!

If i were you I'd post a couple of false nails & a tube of glue through her letterbox & tell her nice try there you go & don't call me again, lol x

well if i got nails done with you and they all "fell off" i wouldnt be wanting you to do them again theyr total chancers x

Just fell off.... Yeah ok love!! one girl told me once her nails just slid of right in front of her eyes!! Honestly they think we No nothing!!
I defo wouldnt do another set for free But I would do it if she paid it's our bread and butter at the end of the day and I like to give as good as I get lol!!

Don't bother ringing her back, she's taking the Michael!!

If she rings again, just laugh and say don't he ridiculous.

3weeks ago? :| and at what point was she planning to have her maintinance appointment done?

do not worry yourself over her my lovely polietly point out that had she followed your advice on aftercare (which i assume here you gave her) she would have:

a) called you straight away (at least within 48hrs) if there was any
problems
b) have been seen last week for her infill/rebalance (which she obviously
didnt!)

as she has made no appointment with you to assess them when the problem occured you are unable to replace them free of charge but will happily rebalance and replace any lost or broken ones for your normal fee end of!
she wont bother i tell you that now! why have some people got to be such a pain in the ar**!

THREE WEEKS?!?! Ummmm, No, ma'am. Quote your insurance. 48 hours. You'd be surprised how many ppl think their nails are rock hard when they leave the salon. Inform them of curing time. No hard manual labor for at least 24. Nails are not tools, lol. She probably did something to cause lifting within a day or so, then they popped the rest of the way.(if she didn't do it on purpose to get a freebie ;)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back