I've been asked for PopIts by Name!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I have taken a phone call this morning from a lady asking for Popits.

I asked her where she had heard of them and apparently a relative in London has them done there.

She only wears nails occasionally, wants them removed next Tuesday and has booked in for this afternoon.

Popits are not currently on my price list but I have decided to charge my standard price + £5 (this is to include the soak off)

I advertise on Yell.com and I am the only one she rung who is doing them:lol:

Just shows the word is getting out there!! Great result.

One colour overlay and polish .. should take you well under the hour and you get the same money as you do for your couture nails which take much longer. RESULT.

Wait til she starts to tell her friends, Adel. :hug:

Thats great Adele, good for you:hug:

Quick update.

My client was thrilled to bits - and says she loved the quick service (without the NSS)*

Definitely adding this to my permanent menu !!!!

* Not her words - but you know what I mean

I was talking to a girl who worked at a beauty warehouse here in Sydney Australia and she was trying to explain a new method of acrylics to me, which I realised were Popits! She couldn't remember what they were named but I knew for sure she was describing a Popit. Apparently she's mentioned them to a some other customers and has been wondering out-loud when they'd arrive in Australia :)

Well I am surely excited as I have picked some up at the big show I attended last weekend. Even picked up some pretty CND powders as well. Can't wait to try them! :green:

I LOVE to watch the look on a clients face :eek: when you pop them off and they realise you don't have to do hardy anything more to them but a quick wizz round the edges and they are done. None of the seemingly endless buffing to finish. It's like .. OMG you mean I can go now???? :green:

Nice one Adele.

I'm going to have to get practising with these.

I think I'm using too much product & then not holding them for long enough & when I release the pressure they just go all cloudy & look pants.

Tbh, I've only tried a couple of times. I was just going to go for a laze around - but I'll go and do a bit of practise now i think.

whoohooo

You go girl!! I'm still getting around 'poppits' with gel. Lately I haven't had much time to play with all the wedding insanity.
But as soon as it's over, you can bet your booty I'll be playing again!!

Congrats and look forward to having your phone ring off the hook!
:hug:

Great news Adele (and to think, you gave your first box to me) :)
Glad you are enjoying offering them as an added service.

Glad I read this thread, its given me a much needed boot up the backside.

I am struggling with popits. I have practised and practised and have even spent time with Geeg to get them right. I thought I had nailed it (excuse the pun), until I did a set on a client and they were so full of air bubbles I had to file them down and apply them in the usual way.

I need to get the box back out of the cupboard, dust it off and get back on the case with them.

Glad to hear about your new client Adele, I hope thats the start of a regular client for you (not to mention all her friends who she'll tell)

I LOVE to watch the look on a clients face :eek: when you pop them off

This is the best part of doing them on someone who has had nails applied traditionally, they are gobsmacked.
I almost want to have a drum roll in the background, it's kinda like a magic trick.

It was great for me (I am a really slow worker) I was lucky in this instance because the client wanted polish which disguised a couple of nails with tiny bubbles.
I've been practising today and seen no bubbles - which is a good job because I've got 2 sets of Popits to do on Tuesday.
Just got to brace myself and try again with Brisa:)

It was great for me (I am a really slow worker) I was lucky in this instance because the client wanted polish which disguised a couple of nails with tiny bubbles.
I've been practising today and seen no bubbles - which is a good job because I've got 2 sets of Popits to do on Tuesday.
Just got to brace myself and try again with Brisa:)

Trust me you win'th ave lost the knack with Brisa. It's like riding a bicycle :lol:!! You do remember how to do that don't you, Adele??

So you are the sly culprit who sent Zoo his first PopIts ... bless.

Trust me you win'th ave lost the knack with Brisa. It's like riding a bicycle :lol:!! You do remember how to do that don't you, Adele??

So you are the sly culprit who sent Zoo his first PopIts ... bless.

Oh I do Brisa all the time (just not with Popits..yet)

Yes, I sent Carl his Popits - he was practically jumping up and down with frustration because he wanted to try them - I couldn't stand to see a man in torment so gave him a break:green:

Oh I do Brisa all the time (just not with Popits..yet)

Yes, I sent Carl his Popits - he was practically jumping up and down with frustration because he wanted to try them - I couldn't stand to see a man in torment so gave him a break:green:

You Softie you!! That's why we love ya!

You Softie you!! That's why we love ya!

Me, soft.............Na hard as bricks me:Scared::Scared::Scared::green:

Latest posts

Back