I've been told my kids pamper parties are too expensive .. what do you think ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What on earth do these people expect? If they havent got any money, why ring for a tan, a party or whatever!
I get arsey with people questioning my prices, there are cheaper hairdressers than me, and dearer ones too. Do they ring Nicky Clarke and ask for a discount or express horror at his prices?
People can choose whether they shop in primark or selfridges, I would rather not join in with the race to the bottom regarding prices.
I think you are offering a lot for the amount you charge. If this woman doesnt like it, she can always take the kids to Mcdonalds instead!

totally agree.. some people think my prices are great and some think its too much.. she will find someone offering it dirt cheap doesnt mean you have to... i have one person near me offering £5 for a full leg wax ... no way im doing it for a fiver..

Stick to your price - she's just trying it on. If she did a cinema, football party or one of thise 2 hour things, she will have to pay more. Tell her to go some place else!

I once was asked to do a pamper party for a childs birthday, and I said to the woman I would get back to her. It was a Saturday 1-3 she wanted me to come. I called her to say for 9 girls it would be £90 and her reply was, "oh, I thought you'd do it as a homer for £20"

Even after I explained I would need to take the afternoon off work to do it and it would be a clash of interest as I usually did the woman and her childrens hair in the salon, she still kept saying "I thought you'd do it for £20". Yeah. Right.

People like to chance it!!! Especially the ones who can afford it!!

I think your price is great. After all you are a trained professional and you are using quality products, what more does this mother want from you? I think she had a bit of a cheek asking you to throw in a Birthday cake too!
When you take into account your expenses for products, travel and time you spend it really is a fair price. Don't change your price. If I was a mother throwing a party for my daughter and friends i'd be happy to pay that amount. :hug:

Hi I charge £120 for up to 8 children. They get mini manicure, hand massage then painting of nails and nail art. The party girl gets rhinestones and they all get lovely party bags with an extra special one for the party girl. I also offer Glitter tattoos which they love!! hope that helps

I charge £10 per child 2 treatments each and people are happy to pay that. They normally always ask me for make up, nails, nail art and face masks. I think your prices are great! :)
hi
just had a lady enquire about one of my parties, she asked if i could make it any cheaper as she could do it herself, but couldnt be bothered with the hassle !! she then went on to say if i couldnt reduce the £10 per child, could i throw in a birthday cake or party bags !! needless to say, i politely declined, but now im left wondering if perhaps my parties are too expensive .. could i please have your opinions ?

mini diva makeup & nails party
age 9-12 yrs
mini facial - cleanse, tone & moisturise (using young & pure)
mini makeup - eyeshadows, cheek shimmer & lipgloss (jane iredale)
painted finger nails (opi, cnd etc)
freehand nail art to 2 finger nails
personalised gift (beaded bracelet) for the birthday girl
complimentary party invitations & reply slips
£10 per girl (min 6)

oh and i also throw in a £10 voucher off a 1-1 makeup lesson for mum

i live in a fairly affluent area, im a trained make up artist and have recently taken a nail art course which cost me over £100 - all the products i use are high end, bring along a makeup chair, vanity case and dress in uniform, the girls wear headbands when having facials done - i try and make it as authentic as possible .. i personally thought £10 pp was fair, party would have been for 2 hrs (20 mins per girl) so thats basically £30 an hour which is way cheaper than what a local face painter charges per hour .. would appreciate your comments

I am with everyone else the price is fine.

I think the mother was pushing her luck... cheeky mare. Nothing wrong with your prices, in fact you could probably charge £12/child.

Latest posts

Back