I've just read that black Maximist's are fake!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipLiCiouS

Reaction score
lol no! or i hope not. i bought mine last week direct from sienna x, on tuesday in fact, and i got sent a black one :D works perfect x

That's a bit naughty!! Suntana is a reputable company,too! I think there must be a logical explanation that the wording doesn't quite convey! I have a black one, it's a year old and it's fine..darn good machine..I love it! I dont think you should worry..but I think Dave from Suntana might have a bit of explaining to do!!:)Hopefully someone with more knowledge of these things will pop up soon and reveal all!

Loool.. To be honest I like the black coz it holds the pipe together.. But the new brown ones are the ones your getting a bargain on ... So realistically the black ones should be new coz of the pipe feature..
Correct me if I'm wrong geeks.. Coz I'm looking to get the 1 from fresh indulgence soon.. And it's brown

Oh no, I bought a black one on friday :lol:
but to be honest you cant buy from "ebay" with peace of mind can you.
I wouldnt take that ebay sellers word as gospel

Loool.. To be honest I like the black coz it holds the pipe together.. But the new brown ones are the ones your getting a bargain on ... So realistically the black ones should be new coz of the pipe feature..
Correct me if I'm wrong geeks.. Coz I'm looking to get the 1 from fresh indulgence soon.. And it's brown

what pipe feature? lol sorry i'm being abit special, i think its the heat! x

the pipe fitting around the machine on the black one..

the pipe fitting around the machine on the black one..

lol oooooo i was thinking... ooo what pipe feature! like i'm going to be able to whip it out and it will spray tan my clients itself or something. maybe not :lol:

wow thats annoying! I hope he can prove they are fakes as stated as I have just bought mine from one of the reputable suppliers. Maybe trading standards can help? If you do buy from ebay though use paypal as any probs you can recover money back through them if the item is not as described (so if its not the real deal as promised). I guess what he saying is the black ones are fake if they do not carry the maxi mist logo (which I have just checked and mine does not have the logo, just HVLP!!), Im going to contact maximist and ask if they sell without the logo, then contact the company I ordered from to see what they have to say as they advertised it as a maximist. Hopefully any warranties will hold up.

duh :( ive just looked at the website where I bought mine (OMG) and they are not advertising it as a maximist, I looked at so many different packages I guess I just assumed the HVLP5008 was maximist, but no they do state its earlex (painting company!). A bit gutted but I hope earlex is still a good company and I do like the machine so far (at least I know I can spray my fence or outdoor wall with it too, LOL, although the gun is different and they dont have the wrap away hose feature) Its confusing, as on WOW they do the maximist pro in black and the plain 5008 in brown? Anyone else, bear this in mind if you defo want the maximist logo.

Last edited:
Oh no, I bought a black one on friday :lol:
but to be honest you cant buy from "ebay" with peace of mind can you.
I wouldnt take that ebay sellers word as gospel

With the greatest of respect, I have to disagree with you and say that you absolutely CAN buy anything you like from eBay with peace of mind because of both eBay and Paypal's very robust buyer protection schemes. I know this to be true from the standpoint of being both a buyer and a Powerseller on eBay of 8 years standing :wink2:

You're protected against Item Not as Described (SNAD) and Item Not Received (INR) - pretty good protection against "duff" purchases and certainly more so than if you buy from many other retailer's websites.
Add to that the fact that both private and business sellers run the very real risk of eBay punishing, restricting and even banning them from selling if buyers take out claims or rate them with 1's or 2's on the DSRs.

I purchased my HVLP700 from eBay a few years ago and knew that I'd be protected every which way possible if the deal went wrong - I wouldn't have had that sort of protection if I'd purchased direct.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

We have come across the link that you are discussing on ebay.

I can assure you all the black units are not fake. We (Earlex Ltd) manufacture the black units which are the HV5008 units and sell these to our reputable distributors who you have purchased from.

We have a customer who we sell exclusively to, which are the brown units. What he is stating on ebay is incorrect and this will be removed asap. The brown unit is the same as the black unit, they are all manufactured by us.

If you have any queries or want to be reassured please feel free to contact me

many thanks

Joy Young
Marketing Manager - Tanning

duh :( ive just looked at the website where I bought mine (OMG) and they are not advertising it as a maximist, I looked at so many different packages I guess I just assumed the HVLP5008 was maximist, but no they do state its earlex (painting company!). A bit gutted but I hope earlex is still a good company and I do like the machine so far (at least I know I can spray my fence or outdoor wall with it too, LOL, although the gun is different and they dont have the wrap away hose feature) Its confusing, as on WOW they do the maximist pro in black and the plain 5008 in brown? Anyone else, bear this in mind if you defo want the maximist logo.

Hi Debs

We (Earlex Ltd) manufacture all HV5008 units unbranded or branded. This includes the brown and black units. The company who we sell the brown units to brands these units as Maximist. If you have a unit which is not brand or badged these are because we sell our black units unbranded to distributors like OMG, Sienna X etc who are reputable companies. The unit you have for Tanning is very different to Painting units we also sell so do not worry. Do not use your Tanning gun with paint this will not work. The Tanning guns are designed for Tanning fluids. I hope this helps

Joy

Thanks Joy, that is reassuring, I did do a bit of research and could see the machine is slightly different to the paint sprayer and as I said it is a good machine, you defo need to report the ebayer tho! (I was joking about spraying my fence!)

If I am correct, what you are basically saying is all the machines are made by earlex and maximist put their logo on it?
Thanks again.

what pipe feature? lol sorry i'm being abit special, i think its the heat! x

This post has made my day. :lol: You are a love xx

Thanks Joy, that is reassuring, I did do a bit of research and could see the machine is slightly different to the paint sprayer and as I said it is a good machine, you defo need to report the ebayer tho! (I was joking about spraying my fence!)

If I am correct, what you are basically saying is all the machines are made by earlex and maximist put their logo on it?
Thanks again.

Yes that's right, either in brown or black are machines manufactured by us. They rebrand their machine with the maximist logo. The black ones are sold unbranded but are 100% real.

Well this post made me look....I got my machine for Suntana last November...and guess what....it is BLACK!!! Haha I love that they are basically saying they sell fake items themselves....

This post has made my day. :lol: You are a love xx

lol i got excited for nothing! but i do feel abit silly now haha. I contacted sienna x about the machines (i am such a brown nose) and they are on it! x

Thanks Joy you have definitely made our day!!
I'm a happy bunny!!

Latest posts

Back