IWATA airbrush kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hev

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new, i need some advise before i jumo in feet first.
I have been doing my research on airbrush kits, all seem very expensive.
I want to give it a go myself first and if all else fails i know somewhere that trains you for one day for £125... but firstly i wanna give it a go myself.

I have found the Iwata Silver Jet mobile compressor with an Iwata BR revolution airbrush, it comes with guide, lots of paints, stencils, the lot. Got the lowest price i could find of £234 including VAT and delivery,, what you think should i go for it, im really keen to give it a go??

Hi Hev
Welcome to the site.

I felt the same way as you last year and was 'itching' to have a go at airbrushing so I had some training which included a compressor and airbrush and it was so much fun... and after a few weeks of 'playing' I found that I didnt like all my airbrush equipment out on display and it went neatly away. I havent really used it since ... not really a call for airbrushing where I live, which I wish I checked into before investing into a decent IWATA compressor and gun.

Maybe going on a training course and having a play with a machine or loaning a machine before you invest in one yourself might be an alternative. I think Ka-sa-ra is in your neck of the woods and she does airbrush training. Perhaps check out her website and give her a ring and ask for her advise, I am sure you will find her very helpful.

http://www.netnails.net/

Sorry I couldnt be of any more help... there are a lot of geeks on here that are very successful airbrushers... maybe they can offer you some valuable advise :)

Hi Hev,

I own the 'company' nails2go.com which is for airbrushed false nails over the internet, so I guess I know a little about the subject!! I dont know that exact model of compressor but you need to make sure it has a moisture trap and pressure guage. You'll need to have a double action airbrush and it does take a bit of practice to get used to it. You'll need loads of stencils too. If you are creative and arty then you will love it. If you dont have an eye for detail or have a lack of patience then forget it!

I cant really teach you how to use it over the internet, but i can give u some tips.

1) Always slowly push down the trigger to release the air flow then pull back to add the paint, jolty movements will make a mess and ruin your nozzle.

2) Make sure you thoroughly clean your airbrush after each use, paying special attention to the nozzle. The minutest bit of dried up paint will give you no end of problems.

3) Treat your needle and nozzle like gold dust as damaged and bent needles will also affect the paint flow.

4) 'Bleed' your moisture trap often to release the air, moisture in the hose is your worst enemy and can spoil a fantastic design with one very quick splat.

5) If you buy normal acrylic paint not designed for nail art (which is a lot cheaper) then will need to get the mix ratio just right. Diluting with water is fine but too thin will splatter and too thick wont spray - takes a bit of getting used to.

6) Dont set up a rival company to mine!!!! :smack: :wink2: :p

OK, so thats probably put you off for good!!! Borrowing some equipment first is probably a really good idea. Don't worry it just takes time and practice thats all. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jax

jacquisu said:
You'll need loads of stencils too. If you are creative and arty then you will love it. If you dont have an eye for detail or have a lack of patience then forget it!

Yup got the stencils..

Ummm.... creative and arty .... not that much actually..... :eek:

Having an eye for detail and a lack of patience .... oh darn it.. another waste of money :smack:

I am enjoying it for the body tattoos tho.. so thats something I guess lol!

I want to play to, I talked to essential nails at exel and I'm going to train with them because I can do it at home but I'm probebly going to buy my stuff from
www.airbrushbodyart.co.uk because I want to do body art as well and they sell all the paint for that and stacks of stencils to. for the same price, I intend to do the whole package, tanning, nails, body art and airbrush make up to. but I've bought the duel air brush of ebay for £20 which is a lot cheeper than body art sells them for.just got to wait for some funding and some feed back form my fellow geeks:wink2: have you got a web site for what you are looking at?

I have the IWATA silver jet and love it, i can spend hours upon hours airbrushing clear nails making my own designes up.
It can be quite fiddly, time consuming & messy but im an arty type person and love it.
I also use it when making my own greetings cards, boddy tattoos for my nephew, even my son used it to spray his kit model car lol
Thinking about it you could use it for many a thing...just remember to thoroughly clean it after every use and you wont go far wrong :p

thanks guys, all i need to do is do abit of research and see if its worth all the money, hopefully i will recoup some money back via my clients if i can persuade them to give it a go ! x

thanks pips it looks good, I'll find out the speck next month when I rob my hubby:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back