Jasmine oil recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
hi

where/what do you get your jasmine oil?

i was looking and found one but when i read about it, it said not to apply directly onto the skin. it was fragranced jasmine oil so i'm not sure if this is different.

i've heard a lot of people mention they use it and i've been watching kim's videos on youtube to pick up tips to perfect my waxing

I get mine from Thalgo - they're very helpful.

i get mine from Berins, goes a long way and is lovely to work with.
HTH. X

I'm only aware of Thalgo and myself selling it. (And Beauty Express who sell Thalgo's product.) Do you want it for soft or hard wax?

hi

i found jasmine oil on the beauty express website but they only sell it in a litre which is far to much for me for as i only work a few days a month

i also found berins jasmine oil but the postage is high for me just to order one item. trying to find a site that will sell a small bottle for me to test it out

its soft wax i'm working with.

do you mean like jasmine essential oil to add to your wax?

I will send you a little of my Berins jasmine oil if you want to test, just pay me for the postage.

that would be great joe90. would i pay you through paypal?

helpimlost - its for using before applying the wax. read a lot of fellow geeks use it (oil seems to be the new talc) and fancy trying it out myself after seeing kim using it in her video on youtube

You would be fine to use any mineral oil.The oil that berins and thalgo/perron rigot use im sure is lovely oil but its unlikely to have pure essential oil of Jasmine in it anyway so thats not whats important.If it had it wouldnt be good to use anyway as its a powerful emenagogue(uterine stimulant) which means it brings on peoples periods which wouldnt be that good for intimate waxing especially if they were pregnant.
Jasmine hasnt really got skin calming properties at all unlike chamomile so im not sure why they use jasmine anyway added to that its one of the most expensive essential oils you can possibly buy so not likely to be put in an wax oil.

Jasmine oil is an anti-inflammory agent, an antiseptic, increases skins elasticity, tones the skin and encourages skin growth so is very beneficial to the skin. Perfect for waxing i think!
I get mine from Thalgo too :D

Clean and Easy do a Wax Prep Oil which does the job well too, I've just been trialing it for some training I'm doing.

Mat

i found jasmine oil on the beauty express website but they only sell it in a litre which is far to much for me for as i only work a few days a month

i also found berins jasmine oil but the postage is high for me just to order one item. trying to find a site that will sell a small bottle for me to test it out

its soft wax i'm working with.[/quote]

I have been looking around for this in a smaller bottle for months & no luck either :sad:
I wish they would sell it in smaller quanties too.
I really would love to try it too.
If anyone is prepared to decant some of their jasmine oil into a 30/50ml bottle I would love to buy some off you :D please PM me xxx

Buying one product from any supplier does make the P&P cost seem high. I try to always make my orders big enough to avoid P&P. Not wax of course as I don't charge myself shipping :lol: I totally understand where Carron is coming from, if you don't do a lot of one particular service, then you don't want to invest in lots of stock but if we are busy and we know we are going to use the product, it makes total sense to take advantahe of free shipping and also, any bulk discounts that are available.

I am guessing the jasmine oils used for waxing are mixed with a carrier oil. I just checked with one of my suppliers on the price of 1kg jasmine oil (absolute) - I have bought cars for less!!

Jasmine Oil used pre and post waxing is not an essential oil.

By the way, for anyone interested....

Clean n Easy Pre-Ep Oil is £4.95 for 147 ml (3.36p per ml!)

Berins is £8.00 for 500ml (0.016p per ml!)

I don't what Thalgo sell theirs for but Beauty Express charge £17 for 1L.

So Berins and PR are similar in price. My P&P on a bottle would be £5 which is normal for orders under £50, and Thalgo's P&P would be £7.50.

Last edited:
Also, because you use so little oil per treatment it can last an absolute age!

Last edited:
i think i'm going to splash out on the litre bottle since i'm about to put in a beauty express order

i had my first very flinchy customer yesterday. she gets waxed every 2 years and i can see why. it would be interesting to try it out on her to see if it makes the treatment any better for her.

Latest posts

Back