juniors ARGHHH

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a juniour I was almost scared to do any thing!!! I was told that id done it wrong if I did it with out asking trying to work on my own anitiative. Then if I asked what to do I got the whole "you should know how to do that bye now" I was a nervouse wreck!! This was down to a lady who always put me on edge. Its not what you say its how you say them. In another salon they were lovely and say I did something slightly wrong it was we usualy do is......etc. This doesnt just apply to hairdressing it can be any job I think that team motivation is very important and that we were all learning once. This is obviously not the case in some one who takes the micky (not turning up generaly bad behaviour) but when some ones beggining anything there bound to be nervouse and make mistakes. :hug:Not all juniours are bad!!!

and here i am a mature recently qualified (july 2007) hairdresser who cant get work even as work expierence i so want to do hair even if its just shampoo and sets but cos of my age no one will give me a chance

I have had the exact same problem. I worked in a salon for 2 years, as a junior apprentice,£90 a week. Lots of experiance, but no one wants you unless you have had a column for like 2-3 years. So after 9 months of unemployment, i have gone back to being a junior in a new salon. Which was hard,but i am benefiting from it sooo much!! ;)

Latest posts

Back