juniors ARGHHH

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottydolly

Reaction score
god is it jus me or is it so hard to find decent juniours these days, the ones who are good decide to change career for more money and the ones that stay are jus horrific, one of ours dropped the switch machine today and it wont work now, so tomoro on the busiest day everyone gonna have to pay cash and the boss is at t in the park and is gonna scream when she gets back. . i cud have screamed myself too haha. on the bright side i wa mega busy and had a wonderful day, lots of fun cutting and colouring woop woop x

hi scottydolly,
omg what are you going to do when the boss comes back, is the junior still working?

yes hahaha well i aint takin the rap for it, i am totally passin the buck, but i mean how many people are gonna rage when i tell them they have to go to the bank before they get their hair done? furious much haha. . . the boss is gonna freak out, i think she has already had to get a replacement twice, xx

im sure she didnt mean to drop it on purpose!!!!!!!!

you sure you arent all making her nervous???

im sure she didnt mean to drop it on purpose!!!!!!!!

you sure you arent all making her nervous???

I agree here......are you all making the poor girl nervous to the point that everything she is touching,is breaking?.

She might be feeling singled out aswell , which is making her have NO confidence?.Why not sit the poor girl down and have a chat with her,see if she is feeling uncomfortable and what all of you can do about it.

oh now come on people, she dropped the switch machine, and is the assistant manageresses little sister, their nout wrong with her (i aint being cruel here i know her enough) it was an accident but she was jus sitting at the desk doing nothing and fiddling with things and i asked her to do some work ir cut foils or folk towels and she lingered even longer untill all of a sudden CRASH. . . that why i was irritated, cos she shudnt have been sitting their in the first place, HAHA me make people nervous, perish the thought im the nicest to the lot of them and help them out when im not busy. . they jus a bit airyfairy sometimes and need a shove in the right direction. . x

juniors need proactively managing...

oh now come on people, she dropped the switch machine, and is the assistant manageresses little sister, their nout wrong with her (i aint being cruel here i know her enough) it was an accident but she was jus sitting at the desk doing nothing and fiddling with things and i asked her to do some work ir cut foils or folk towels and she lingered even longer untill all of a sudden CRASH. . . that why i was irritated, cos she shudnt have been sitting their in the first place, HAHA me make people nervous, perish the thought im the nicest to the lot of them and help them out when im not busy. . they jus a bit airyfairy sometimes and need a shove in the right direction. . x

Sorry scottylady but i do not agree with you. Maybe the girl feels on edge because she can pick up that you think she is airyfairy and she does not know how to deal with it. That is what could have made her drop the machine.Maybe you should sit her down and have a chat and see if all is ok with her.

did no one see the part that she shudnt have been at the desk, or even touching the switch machine part? i swear their is nout wrong with her, i dont mean airyfairy in a nastyway, and as for proactive management, how does praising them constantly when they do good and also splitting my tips with them cos most of our clients dont tip the juniours for washin their hair, they only tip the stylist, i think that is pretty proactive since none of the other stylists wud do that. . all i am saying is sometimes our juniours are too busy dillydallying when they have clearly marked out guidlines and routines. . .if she had dropped the machine when she was actually using it then fair enough, but my rant still stands, she shouldnt have been near the desk. . anyhoo i aint holdin a grudge with her, she was fine today and me and her were having a laugh when she was passing up to me. . x

Proactive management doesn't mean just sharing tips with her and praising her when she's good. Success is a poor tutor; we really do learn from our mistakes! If she (or any of the other juniors) is dillydallying about the place then they need to be told that it's not acceptable, and that in the event of not having anything to do then they should watch and learn from the seniors. If they continue to mooch about the place then it's time to take it formal.
It's not about holding a grudge either (thank goodness you don't - I've been on the receiving end of a woman who could hold a grudge for England) - it's about reinforcing the boundaries and ground rules. We all need to know what they are.

i agree 100% with that, but surely everyone doesnt think im a monster for being slightly annoyed, first weekend im kinda in charge and that happens, i jus feel a bit like they were attempting to walk over me and slack off. . .ah well, never mind, now i feel like everyone thinks im a demon juniour eating stylist. . im not tho. . im one o the good guys, ps grudges suck, they give those who bear them wrinkles hahah x

juniors do, do your head in. this new generation of youngsters is amazing I really can't believe the way they are. It's as if they walk around in a day dream they can't understand simple instructions like please could you make a cup of tea, and they bring out the client a riffy old mug that is used to store the dish cloth in ! or could you sweep the floor please and they litterally just sweep where you've cut someones hair and leave everywhere else.
You try and teach them how to do things properly and it just dosn't sink in, maybe they don't help ther parents around the house I don't really know.
tonight after we finished for the day I check everything out before I go and my Saturday girl hasn't even wiped the sides down, amongst other things, even though she knows what her jobs are at the end of the day. My poor junior has ben ill today so went home early, she works so hard. I treat all my staff fairly and help with the cleaning so I can't understand why I have to keep repeting myself ! lol
My junior is the best in the world I love her dearly, she has one thing that most havn't and that is respect ! Oh, and wanting to actually be a good hairdresser aswell helps

Au contraire! You can't really be friends with the juniors - they need someone to guide them, lead them, and more importantly they need someone to respect. I certainly don't think you're a junior eating monster, but perhaps you need to be. OK, well, just a little, anyway!

haha i tell them to "stop faffing about and do some work, and if their is nothing left to do, i will find somethign" i get evils everytime i say that, lol. . meh oh well haha x

haha i tell them to "stop faffing about and do some work, and if their is nothing left to do, i will find somethign" i get evils everytime i say that, lol. . meh oh well haha x
try having 65 "juniors" at any given time...LOL!! It is nearly an act of Congress (parliment on your side of the pond) to get the end of the day chores done, you know the towels, tint bowls, restocking paper supplies in the restrooms....I'm sure you get the idea. It's no different anywhere you go...here or there.

Patience is a virtue that I'm constantly waiting for. I repeat myself while sleeping...have you done towels today? Do you need me to find something to do or can you find something constructive with out me? Is that really what you consider pursuing your education? The answers are almost always the same, just the faces change.

Be a slightly hungry "junior eating" monster, win the respect and in the long run you'll win.

I was in the hairdresser's a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed with one of the juniors who was always "on the go" - sweeping up, offering tea and magazines, tidying stations, cutting foils, etc. I could hardly believe it when she told me it was her first day. She knew what to do and did it all so confidently. She'll go far!

My daughter has just started on a trial in the salon ..... so far shes doing great xx

and here i am a mature recently qualified (july 2007) hairdresser who cant get work even as work expierence i so want to do hair even if its just shampoo and sets but cos of my age no one will give me a chance

and here i am a mature recently qualified (july 2007) hairdresser who cant get work even as work expierence i so want to do hair even if its just shampoo and sets but cos of my age no one will give me a chance

Dont give up asking hun...even if you go in EVERY hairdressers in your area, One will give you a go :hug: xxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back