Huge fight with junior!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi guys,
This might be a long one, so please bear with me as I'm really upset right now.
I rent a room in a hairdressers, paying £100 a week rent. I've been there nearly 5 months and starting to build up a great wee client base and i get on great with the hairdresser.
The only problem is her junior.
I have cleared it with the hairdresser to set my leaflets and products in certain places in the salon, but when i come in the next day or come out from doing a treatment, my stuff has been moved by the junior to places where clients won't really see them or have the benefit from them. She has no respect for my stuff and even though it's not my area, she's not pulling her weight in the hairdressing end either, and the boss has commented to me about this. She's lazy, sits in the staff room texting on her phone and leaves without cleaning up at the end of the day. This girl is coming 18 and she is extremely immature for her age. She has had several complaints from hairdressing clients and one day, she turned up to work wearing grey jogging bottoms that were too short for her, socks and black mules.

Anyway....today she moved more of my stuff AGAIN and it was the last straw. I politely said to her could you please not move my stuff because i pay rent and I've arranged with the haidresser where my promotional material goes. I also said if she needs to move my stuff then just ask me.

Well, she went off on one, telling me that I have a serious problem, that I treat her like s**t, that I'm childish, I treat people badly (none of which is true - although I may be a wee bit childish sometimes, but I just like to have fun). She also said that she will move my stuff if she likes. I told her that was being a bit immature at this stage and she started to shout at me, calling me a bitch and being really nasty. I told her in a calm voice to stop shouting at me and that I knew if I said anything, this is how she would react and that I couldn't have a proper conversation with her at all. (she doesn't like being repremanded - very defensive).

I was pretty sure the clients out on the shop floor could her her yelling so I told her again to stop shouting. She said she didn't care and hat she would go out and tell everyone what I was like!!!!:irked:

So I just told her to go away and she said that she would keep moving my stuff and she would make sure my life in the salon was hell. She walked out f the staff room and I burst in to tears. She has really upset me and I'm no good at confrontation, so I was quite shook up as well.

Her boss wasn't in today but I'm prety sure when she's back tomorrow, this junior will twist the story and lie because she's always lying.

It upsets me too because I always give her lifts home, was at the end of the phone when her boyfreind attacked her and i let her buy my products at a discounted price. (Not anymore, mind!!)

I was so upset that I had to come home. I just don't wanna be there if there's gonna be an atmosphere and if she's gonna try and sabotage my business, I don't wanna work there anymore either, but I've nowhere else to go and I don't wanna give my business up.
She was just so nasty and you could almost see the venom she was spitting.

Sorry it was so long geeks, just had to tell someone.
Thanks for listening.
xxxx

Get her on her own and give her a good kicking...Im joking!
Go back to work and hold your head up high and ignore the silly girl, you did nothing wrong hun.
Make sure you speak to her boss asap. xx

put in a complaint in writing so that it is on record.

Me? well I'd ring the boss, now, I would tell her what you have told us, I would add how upset you are and that really, you don't expect to come to work and be treated like this by anyone.
I would expect her be shocked and tell you that she will sort it out.
If I was this girls boss I would tell her that she is not to touch your stuff, except to clean and then its to be put back exactly how and where she found it and that if she doesn't feel able to apologise to you then she needs to find another job.
But thats me, I have 3 pet hates, rudeness, dirt and lying.
I hope this all works out for you hun but remember, if you need to you can always find another place to rent and under the circumstances I cant see anyone objecting to you taking your clients with you. :hug::hug:

Llock her in the stock room and only feed her bread and water!!! he he he, only joking.( dont feed her at all):)
you have to fight for your business and you cant let a silly little brat ruin it for you. i would talk to the hairdresser/owner about her atitude and explain what happened and tell her that you both need each other to make your businesses thrive. She must make new cliens from yours and vice versa. If the hairdresser has any sense she will listen to you as she has to make her business work too.
And if all else fails then seriously, lock her in the cupboard.
Good Luck x

if you are going to speak to her i would advise you to have someone with you who is impartial..or ask for a meeting with everyone who works there..including the boss

lindac

Get her on her own and give her a good kicking...Im joking!
Go back to work and hold your head up high and ignore the silly girl, you did nothing wrong hun.
Make sure you speak to her boss asap. xx

LOL ! I'm with Donna ! :lol: Silly little thing isnt she. Dont allow her to upset you, she really does not in anyway sound worth it. I agree with the other geeks, ring your boss if you can, even arrange to go round and see her tonight. At the end of the day, there isnt just you saying things about her is there, so she will believe you over the junior. Sounds like the jumped up junior needs a reet flea in her ear the little madam. Dont take any nonsense off her and certainly dont show her that she has upset you. Hold your head up high and be really really really nice to her, that will throw her into a world of panic. I reckon she will be out the door on her ass before you know it. You are the professional here, cant believe a junior behaves in that way (where's it going to get her ??). Anyway best of luck, keep us informed :hug:

First of all have a :hug:!
Secondly, one does wonder why she is behaving in such manner (not implying that it is your fault in anyway) but is it jealousy? There she is a junior having to answer to someone and having to do the things that juniors do, and there you are running your own business answering to no-one and having a good relationship with her boss.... the girl has a lot of growing up to do!!! I find that people who shout, make scenes, use bad language and so on are people who feel inadequate... all that said i do agree with the others (giving her a kicking, locking her in the cupboard:):)) i would get in touch with the owner tonight and explain what happened, remind her of your agreement about your products and leaflets, explain to her that her behaviour was agressive (shouting), abusive (language) and threatening (telling people) that you find it inacceptable and that you are hoping that as her (the junior's) employer she will adress the situation. I would refrain from expressing your opinion as to the quality of her work (or lack thereof) as you don't want her boss to think that you are "bitching".
At the end of the day you are paying her rent and i am quite sure she does not want to loose the income! Let her deal with it, it might be the excuse she is waiting for to give little madam her marching orders!!!

I hope this helps. Have another :hug:

I agree with what has already been said especially the good kicking lol,
seriously i really feel for you, i have been in the same situation and it was a nightmare,
BUT the salon owner went on holiday and asked me to take charge of things, so i said i would as long as she understood that if the junior gave her usually amount of mouth and attitude i would sack her before she could take her next breath,
the salon owner was fine with this and just laughed ( i don't think she thought i would do it)
the junior lasted 1 and a half weeks with me, i gave her warning after warning with witness`s then fired her,
the salon owner was glad when she got back and found out what i had done, did her a favour in the long run she said,
you will get your day hun, we adults always do :hug:

Thank you so much for all your replies and support. I really don't know what I would do without this website!:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

So I phoned the hairdresser, who owns the salon and is this little madame's boss. I told her exactly what happened and she couldn't believe it. She actualy laughed at some of the things the junior said because they were so ridiculous.

She said that she would certainly address it tomorrow because that was NOT going to hppen in her shop and under no circumstances should anybody be spoken to in that way. She also said again that this junior had been bothering her for some time because she's not pulling her weight (I would never mention this to either her or the junior as it's none of my business). She also said that it's funny how the junior chose the only day that her boss wasn't there to say whatever she liked to me!!

And one other thing I didn't know - this silly girl has only 6 weeks left at hairdressing college and the salon owner will then have to decide whether to employ her and pay her a proper wage!!!! To be honest, I hope she doesn't ask her to come back, but as i said, that side of things is nothing to do with me. But i know what I'd do!!!! :smack:

So the owner is gonna make sure I'm there when she has a word to the junior, just to make sure that she doesn't try to twist things and lie.
I will keep you guys posted on what happens.

Thanks again for everything geeks. :hug:
xxxx

Well Tasha don't despare, you did the right thing. Do you have your bosses number perhaps you could call her in the morning and explain your side of the story. It sounds as though you have a good sense of humour and that is a good thing. It is really sad to hear about what you are going through but chin up and be proud of yourself, it sounds as though the hairdresser is having a bad time with her partner and could be taking it out on you, remember patience is a virtue. We are here to support and listen to you. Hope all goes well. :hug::hug:

You poor thing!!:hug: dont worry im sure the owner will sort it. £100 a week is a lot to lose so im sure she will take care of it. Silly girl, she obviously isnt bothered about her career.

Glad it's working out ok for you. It looks like this girl's boss already has a good idea of what she's like!

how did it go today hun, has she spoken to the junior. I think it is disgusting how she spoke to u let alone on the shop floor. She will not get any were in our industry with that aptitude and by the sounds of it needs knocking down a peg or to. People like this always get what is coming to them some were down the line, u on the other hand will be more respected in the industry and will do very well for your self as clients are not dafft and they use us not only for a service but often as some one to talk to and by the sounds of things this girl is not anything like this.
Keep your chin up, and certainly do not allow her to speak to u like that again, but do it in a away if needed that u do not use foal language, but in a proffesional manner that will leave her lookin stupid
hugs coming your way babe:hug:x

Me too !!! am desp to know what went on !! Bet she's off with her tail between her legs !! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, on Friday, I went into work with my head held high. However, there was a terrible atmosphere and I heard her a couple of times badmouthing my services and products - EVEN THOUGH SHE USES THEM!!!!!

Anyway, I did my best to be professional so the clients wouldn't notice anything was up. She tried to talk to the hairdresser (her boss) about what happened and totally lied through her teeth. The hairdresser told me that the junior said even the hairdressers mum had noticed me snapping at the junior and said to her that I owed her an apology!!!!!!!! Well, the hairdresser phoned her mum and asked if this was true and her mum said that it certainly was not and how dare the little madame bring her into it.

Anyway, at the end of the day, the three of us sat down to try and sort it out. I gave my version of events which were EXACTLY what happened. Then, when it was her turn, she started twisting the story to make her sound like the hard done by victim and she even made up bare faced lies about stuff I said to her in the argument!!!! She even tried to deny some of the things she said to me. She was shouting again by this point and calling me a liar and then she started crying and shouted 'Right well, you just stay here and you have your beauty room and I'll just be the one to leave' and up she got and stormed off to the toilet. At this point, I was in a bit of a state as well.
I had told her, that if I was short with her at any point, that I apologise and didn't even realise that I was doing it. i told her I had been under a lot of stress and had just lost a family pet but in no way was I ever rude to her or 'walked all over her'.

When she came back from the toilet, the hairdresser said, 'this has to end today because we can't have an atmosphere in the salon'. I agreed with her and said that the whole thing was ridiculous and completely childish. I said to the junior, 'I've apologised, isn't that enough?' and she said no it's not, that I have to change!!!!!:eek:
I said to the hairdresser, that the whole thing is pointless because she's just going to keep on maing up the lies and it's just gonna be my word against hers. The hairdresser pointed out to the junior that never once had she witnessed me snapping at her or being rude and that no clients have ever complained to her.

Anyway, it was left that the hairdresser said she didn't wasnt to lose either of us and we would have to be professional in work and just get on with it. I was awful, geeks. I felt as if I was being told off and I felt like I was about 12 years old.
So, yesterday, I was just my normal cheery self and made sure things were normal. I should have won an Oscar because underneath I was still so hurt and angry.
I just can't believe that I've let a 17 year old child make me feel like this and doubt who I am. I'll be 27 tomorrow for goodness sake!!
It may have blown over, but it's not something I'll ever forget. i know now she's a blatant liar and our relationship will be purely work based and nothing else. It's such a shame that I've had to learn the hard way.

The hairdresser knows she was lying, i think because she told me she was warned about when she took over the salon and was advised to get rid of her. But as the hairdresser knew nothing about her, she kept her on under the benefit of the doubt. I bet she's sorry now. If she employs her in 6 weeks time after her college course finishes, i thin she'd be very foolish, as she's pretty much had the sack from 2 other salons. Anyway, it's none of my business what she does. I'm just gonna get on with my side of things and try and build up a great business.
Thanks for all you kind words geeks. the whole thing has totally drained me, but hopefully I'll be back to 100% soon!!!

Hi.
Well done for being professional about this.
Me personally - I wouldn't have apologised to the girl though! She owes you the apology.:hug:
Also you are paying £100 a week to be there, and its a lot of money to pay out especially when there is an atmosphere and a silly girl who is a liability.
I think the hairdresser (boss) needs her head examining for keeping this girl on in the salon. :rolleyes:.
She needs to realise that this is a professional business transaction thats going on here with you and herself, and this girl has no right to interfere.

If it were me I would have given the hairdresser time to think about whether she wants to lose £100 a week, or let this girl ruin her business.
The boss needs to toughen up and I think its her that has the power to change things around here, and she has chosen not to:eek:!

If you heard the girl badmouthing your services to clients she should have been sacked on the spot if you ask me.

There is no way I would put up with this.

You have tried to be professional and have ignored her, so what more can you do?
The hairdresser boss is at fault here I think.

Hope you dont mind me being so frank, but I really do feel for you. You are paying rent and this should be respected.

You dont need this ****.

Happy birthday for tomorrow hun. xxxxxxxx:hug:

Elaine x

Hun:hug: you are in your right to be upset and to be honest if the salon had of been mine then i would have asked her to leave. Her behaviour on the shop floor was appaling and junior or not manners and diplomacy should all ready be skills she has learnt. But kids today are also very childish and have a completly different outlook on respect these days. God i sound old and i am only 30.
Hun if u can ride the waves and put this disagreement behind u then that will make u the better person, but at the same time i would not balme u for looking for new premises whilst u continue your work, because i would find it difficult working in that enviroment as with out respect for one anouther what have u got. Big hugs hun take care:hug:x UH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U!!!!!!

Hi.
Me personally - I wouldn't have apologised to the girl though! She owes you the apology.:hug:
Also you are paying £100 a week to be there, and its a lot of money to pay out especially when there is an atmosphere and a silly girl who is a liability.
I think the hairdresser (boss) needs her head examining for keeping this girl on in the salon. :rolleyes:.
She needs to realise that this is a professional business transaction thats going on here with you and herself, and this girl has no right to interfere.

If it were me I would have given the hairdresser time to think about whether she wants to lose £100 a week, or let this girl ruin her business.
The boss needs to toughen up and I think its her that has the power to change things around here, and she has chosen not to:eek:!

If you heard the girl badmouthing your services to clients she should have been sacked on the spot if you ask me.

You have tried to be professional and have ignored her, so what more can you do?

Hope you dont mind me being so frank, but I really do feel for you. You are paying rent and this should be respected.

You dont need this ****.

Elaine x

Totally agree with this.

At the end of the day you are paying to rent the room and I think if anything happens again you should put your foot down. Im in a similar position to you and if the situation is not sorted by the deadline I have given myself then Im out of there.

Its not worth upsetting yourself and being unhappy at work. If anything else goes wrong I would inform the salon owner your not putting up with it and will seek alternative premises, infact theres no harm in looking round now.

Hope you get it all sorted xx :hug:

Hi.

You dont need this ****.

Elaine x

Have to agree with whats been said here, your paying a lot of money each week and you are NOT an employee.

I think the salon owner should really start thinking what side her bread buttered, a little girl who causes havoc in the salon, or a tenant who brings in custom and pays a damn good rent each week.

As for the girls Mum, well you don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but I know what would have happened to my daughter if she had disrupted my workplace like that and tried to drag me into it.

Have a great birthday hunny ..xxx

Latest posts

Back